Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latest Patch changed hair colors for some of skysims hairs

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
After updating the Sims 4 today I noticed that some of the skysims hairs have changed colors. Ex skysims hair 148 is now darker even though it is still using the same color beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    lubalulubalu Posts: 1 New Member
    You are the first person to mention that so far. The only color that has been effected in my game is the really blonde hair, but I happen to use that color a lot. I have a ton of her hair, and she is no longer adding anything to TSR. Paysites only. I will most likely just remove all her hair from my game because it will drive me nuts. I am bummed
  • Options
    Taylour_ReneeTaylour_Renee Posts: 3 New Member
    mine too! it took away all the platinum blonde hairs... bummer
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    I also had problems with 2 ingame born Sims (blond). Game changed the color multiple times. Not able to change it to the previous color. But this happend before the 2 patches and C&D came out.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm having this problem with her hair as well. I hope it doesn't spread to other hairs.
  • Options
    SassycharlySassycharly Posts: 1 New Member
    Me as well .... I just noticed it his week and I have another creater as well that's doing it for the blondes. I guess for now if I use those hairs I will use brown or black .
  • Options
    Yeah, you can still use the dark colors.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Hi you need to edit the files using sims 4 studio and add a normal layer see tutorial here : http://sims4studio.com/post/90044/thread
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Trimoth wrote: »
    Hi you need to edit the files using sims 4 studio and add a normal layer see tutorial here : http://sims4studio.com/post/90044/thread

This is beyond my expertise. I wish they would do a batch fix.
  • Options
    Another problem is the indoor lighting. Even the lighter color hairs will go completely dark... I miss my old Sim's hair... :(
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited December 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »

Maybe you already know, but if not just for your info:
    there is a batch fix now available in S4S for this alpha hair issue.
    S4S > Tools > Batch Fixes > CAS > Fix Cats & Dogs Patch Glass Hair

Make sure you have S4S 3.1.0.7 (Whishes) installed for the latest options.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »

Maybe you already know, but if not just for your info:
    there is a batch fix now available in S4S for this alpha hair issue.
    S4S > Tools > Batch Fixes > CAS > Fix Cats & Dogs Patch Glass Hair

Make sure you have S4S 3.1.0.7 (Whishes) installed for the latest options.

Thanks, that fixed the problem, I got my hair back! :D
  • Options
    I see the thing for the patch for glass hair, but it just spins and spins, never stops.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    I see the thing for the patch for glass hair, but it just spins and spins, never stops.

It depends on the number of hairstyles to be fixed. This batchfix takes really a lot longer than the other fixes. So I would suggest to move only the hairstyles to a different folder, fix it there and move it back a again. Or better direct the fix to your hairstyle folder, if you organized your mods that way.

I wouldn't use that particular fix on the whole mod folder, especially if you have a huge amount of items.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    Just found this thread, as I had the same issue! It worked, thanks! :)