Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

weird colored pets?

I like to play my games as realistic as possible. Like I have never been into aliens, vampires, or ghosts. So when I saw that you can color your pets many different colors I was definitely against that for my personal playing. Will you guys play realistically or color your pets unnatural colors?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    My sim family will have a border collie like I have and a Tabby cat like I had. But, I'm really looking forward to creating some unique looking pets and adding them to various households.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2017
    most likely I'll be giving "normal" looking pets to most of the families in my game, and my supernaturals will get slightly more unique looking ones. I'm already planning a black and purple fox for my main vampire : >
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I think I will mostly play "normal" pets, but I'll give my alien family some outlandish looking aliens pets. I really love the freedom we have in creating our pets. :)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Both for any household, depending on how attached I am to my sims i'll definitely give them unique looking pets to bond with (something like Stitch from lilo & stitch) he's really adorable.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I'll do both natural and odd colored/patterned. I love the way the robot cat looked so I really want to try that. I made a really awesome looking cat that reminded me of space in Sims 3 a few months ago so I'll try and recreate that as well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I like to play my games as realistic as possible. Like I have never been into aliens, vampires, or ghosts. So when I saw that you can color your pets many different colors I was definitely against that for my personal playing. Will you guys play realistically or color your pets unnatural colors?

Both.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    depends on the household but i will probably have a few unrealistic pets
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I never use the unnatural colors on my Sims, or pets. Exceptions made for occult Sims, I do like those. So I will probably keep my pets somewhat normal looking, I saw the gremlin one of the gurus tweeted and thought it was kind of cool though (hope they upload that to the gallery)
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'll definitely be using realistic palettes for the most part. I may use the robot dog for my scientist Sim, though... And some of my more rich/flamboyant Sims might stencil or dye their pets once in a while! :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'll be making realistic pets, BUT...
    I'm gonna try make a tiger, a panda, a wolf, a fennec, a leopard/snow leopard, a bear and few other animals i didn't decide on yet! Then I'm gonna try to open a zoo :)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I will probably go for normal pets but it depends on which household they will be going in. I will make a few funky furry friends for some but the most of them will be normal.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Natural looking pets.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I’ll be going with naturals too.

I did make my first alien sim the other day (going to have my scientist sim hook up with him now her husband has died,) I might give him an alien dog or cat to bring along too.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Normal as I like my game to be life like.
    giphy_1.gif
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I will definitely keep the pets as normal as possible.
    I feel like i'm the only one here who doesn't really like the Create A Pet tool, because the devs put SO MUCH effort into making these godawful marks and colors and patterns, instead of maybe put more attention in the gameplay itself?
    I know we haven't seen the gameplay yet, but it bugs me that ALL we've seen till now is just the CAP. It makes me uneasy because it looks (to me) like it's the only thing they're really really proud of, and in my opinion investing in the weirs patterns and colors for pets is a waste of time could've been invested in the gameplay...
    once again, I know we haven't seen the gameplay yet...just sharing my up-to-date concerns.

-Yarden.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'll never color strangly my pets.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I will most definitely be making normal looking pets 90% of the time. But i love the options they have given us and for my alien and vampires I'm sure I'll make more wacky looking pets :)
    Im positive the options they've provided us with will cater to all styles of play which is really nice, I can't wait for the pack!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I might do a little coloring but I probably will use the color system to create pets the way I want them. I plan on creating 101 (actually 6) Dalmatians and all the puppies will have a particular look to them, for example, Lucky with his horseshoe spots on his rump, 🐸🐸🐸🐸's tail and Patch's ears.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm going to be staying with the natural animals, as I much prefer my game to be realistic. I was pretty disappointed to see that people could literally spray whatever they wanted onto the animals, but I guess people have personal preferences of what they want to see in their game.
  • Vee_SamVee_Sam Posts: 54 Member
    I am not gonna lie. I love supernatural things in the game play like vampires (expect Vlad) I have my reasons. But I am gonna make a normal dog or cat. Nothing out of the oridinary. I already plan on making a Rottweiler puppy when I get the game. The robo dog looked cool. But I would never make one for my gameplay
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm not much into those weird colours, but maybe I'll create another save where I can use some of the crazier options. I also think that perhaps they focused too much on pet customisation, but a lot of people seem to love CAP.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    tumblr_ovksdkjbo51wy9czzo3_1280.jpg
    I don't know if I can, but I'm going to try and remake my Celestial. I wonder if there will be simmers who take requests to make pets?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I won't be using the silly colouring option. I'm not 5. I'm happy that people like it, but I just hope that pets won't spawn with the atrociousness on them, nor with pets clothes - I don't like pet clothes much either.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Unnatural! I wanna make Kova.

e00bf1f8efc71887e6b9970730f7d73a3d466eac_hq.jpg
    latest?cb=20170805182616

Though coloured animals will probably be an occasional thing but stillllll.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click