Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

Comments

• Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    ust found this and finsihed reading up to current chapter, this is excitng.
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Hi Lady Tigeress. I am glad to hear that you found the story up to this far exciting!
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Happy Wednesday! Today we catch up with Bee and Demetra.
    4NepwT1.png

ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Toci's really likeable, all the more because she throws herself so much into saving Meri after losing her loved ones. She could have resigned and filled with bitterness just as well!
    On the other hand, Kat has really become a minion of the queen from what we know at the moment. Maybe she's different in secret but on first sight, she would have done something for Mahina then. She still looks cute though <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

Toci is such a nice character. She was from a previous save and just playing through Toci's story was so sad. She lost her husband to emotional distress and her son to a grilling accident, it was the worst luck. I felt bad because I had that household for a long time and it was just the worst case of luck every.

Originally Kat was going to be move involved at the end of generation 2. It ended up not working out the way I needed it to. Kat was going to take down the queen, Paser and Myrina were going to return home and raise their child(ren). In the end Paser would have to return home or meet the reaper. I had to change the story. Kat has done a lot in this timeline that hasn't been seen but will be touched on in later chapters. This chapter is the first time she has seen her son since he was a toddler. The new queen is a lot nicer then her mother.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

Toci is such a nice character. She was from a previous save and just playing through Toci's story was so sad. She lost her husband to emotional distress and her son to a grilling accident, it was the worst luck. I felt bad because I had that household for a long time and it was just the worst case of luck every.

Originally Kat was going to be move involved at the end of generation 2. It ended up not working out the way I needed it to. Kat was going to take down the queen, Paser and Myrina were going to return home and raise their child(ren). In the end Paser would have to return home or meet the reaper. I had to change the story. Kat has done a lot in this timeline that hasn't been seen but will be touched on in later chapters. This chapter is the first time she has seen her son since he was a toddler. The new queen is a lot nicer then her mother.

Well that's some good news for tribe Isla! :smiley: And I'm glad Kat is still kind and nice, when she went to the queen's court it made me so afraid she might become spoilt and manipulated :tired_face:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Note: I had some technical issues on my end with this chapter. I should have everything fixed before next week.
    2pfzy4Y.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Issues are fixed! Yay. So the next few weeks are going to be a little weird. I am still going to try to keep up with the every Wednesday updates. I have 3 chapters in the works as of right now. Two need screen shots and the other is still being written. So I am going to try to get those finished so I can keep updates going until the winter break. The business aside I have been exploring Isla in first person. That has been an interesting experience.

ZhpStgj.png?1
    Trees!

ogCw5Cu.png?1
    Meri in first person

uAmiRLC.png?1
    Learning about history with Meri's favorite uncle.

The final thing about this post is the main Isla cast of the teen years. I finally got a picture of them all together.

Qpl7R0d.png

From right to left
    Boudica "Bee" Of Reeds
    Mako Keiko
    Chrysippos Of Borathion
    Meritamun "Meri" Isla
    Levi
    Leilani Keiko (the arrows shown are from a really cool legolas outfit mod pack)
    Julia

Post edited by SpectresValkyrie on
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my, three chapters in work! You are so busy, me likes! :smiley:
    Isla's hair color distribution is so rare, I love it! All those black-haireds and Bee and Meri in between. The aesthetics are amazing :heart: And you matched their outfit with the black/white theme, too! :D

So now, chapter.
    As always, I am particularly curious about Amaru's, uh, "condition" (because, I don't know if we can spell the correct word here). What apart from eating does it not allow? Does it forbid all the things considered as "human"? He can still sleep, obviously.
    I am obsessing about Toci's face. No idea why. It looks so sim-ish and yet like in an animation movie. Maybe I'm going crazy after not playing the game for a month or so :D But it also only happens when looking at her specifically
    Waaaait who is this woman at the end? You dare to stop writing at that point? Apparently she was the one to put that condition upon him, the only question is why does she come for him now? It must have something to do with Meri since before, he was safe at Toci's :o
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Unfortunately I was unable to get the screen shots for the two chapters. The chapters had to be pushed to the back burners, which I'm not to thrilled about but oh well. I am hoping for a double update next week to make up for it but I can't promise anything. I didn't realize until until taking the photo, Myrina and her brother's kids are the only blonds.

@MrsRacooney

For Amaru's issue, he is not allowed anything 'human' food wise. He is not allowed cooked food, plasma fruit and plasma fruit related drinks, and no fish plasma packs but frog plasma packs would be allowed. This is due to the woman at the end. She is the reason that Amaru ended up the way he is. Meri is related to why she showed up.
    Toci looks like a friendly cartoon magic woman in the woods.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Guess who has returned from finals forever? Me! Guess who lost several chapters when her computer ate them? Also me! I have spent the last few days attempting to get them back but sadly they are gone. Good News! I did write up a different chapter and this is the result.
    nCOyZby.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Gah! Nooo! Sorry to hear about the lost chapters :s I don't know how you do it and if it would help in that case, I'm always doing the drafts in a writing program with a ton of saving in the process. Unless your computer crashes totally, they'd be safe.
    It's late, but since I've waited so long for this chapter I'll read it anyway :p Who said adults can't have a bedtime story?

What in the...! What in the world does this Marcella know about tribe Isla?! From whom has she learnt it? And even more important, who wants to control their young creator and send the ones away who could prevent that? She was suspicious from the beginning. You don't just come up and introduce yourself without telling your name. And when you come on order of the council, you *tell your tribe's name*. *Anyone* could claim that, and knowing where they're from would not take much of the uncertainty away but at least a bit. Who has decided anyway that Meri is too young to lead Isla? That's just another farce of other tribes to take over.
    Gah, let's see if I will still be able to sleep after that anger over Marcella :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    It is only a few missing chapters about Amaru and Meri. I am working on something along the lines of the missing chapters. Sorry for the wait but hey free bedtime story?

Marcella knows face value. She knows Meri doesn't technically have an Amazon leader to teach her how to run a tribe. In the eyes of the Marcella and her Amazon leaders, Demetria doesn't count. She should, Demetria worked hard and raised this generation of Isla. Upside Marcella's arrival wasn't met with a sacrifice so that is something right? That lady is a shifty woman. Who knows what she is really after.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Some fun images I got while working on future chapters.

prDmJt8.png
    Meri likes to garden. She apparently finds it fun.

OoIq8Q7.png
    Chrysippos joined her in the greenhouse and they spent an hour or so hanging out and chatting about life.

gcBrMFt.png
    Boys afternoon.

mYBewDF.png
    "I like art. This one is my favorite" -Levi

UoWpPGZ.png
    Chrysippos loses himself in the music.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Now for the actualy chapter. Marcella removes, rebuilds and adds some new things to the tirbe's grounds.
    kZibaSt.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Destroy the source of the plants?! Seriously, Marcella? That is destroying potential life saviors in case of a bad harvest. That isn't "rebuilding" or even "improving", that aims at making Isla's surroundings uninhabitable. At isolating them.
    I would have said something about it generally being a bad idea to attack an Amazon, but for Levi it's at least partly understandable. But years of missing training would make him slower, he should have known that.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney Marcella is more trying to shape Isla into what she feels it should be. So far it doesn't seem great. A bad harvest would be terrible after what Marcella told them to do with the plants. Levi was trained for fighting but going after Marcella doesn't seem smart. Levi can be a bit of a hot head which landed him in the situation he is in.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    I don't know what happened, I was convinced I had commented back when I'd read :/
    The council's decision to teach the girls some fighting is good. They should know how to defend themselves and how to defend their tribes, and especially for smaller tribes like Isla the council still has some more possibilities to train them than their home tribes.
    Sarai is vain and thoughtless. If you teach slaves how to fight, you must either make sure that they will stay loyal or be able to force them into loyalty, and how would you do that if the queen isn't able to defeat them? What would her tribe members think about a helpless, decadent queen? Seriously, if she ever wants to be queen there is still a long way for her to go. Some start off with the physical capabilities, some with the right mindset. Sarai is still lacking both. I wonder if her mother is disappointed by her opinion.
    While a fair contest is surely the best to enhance their fighting skills, personally I wouldn't completely forbid some sneaky ruses. That would prepare them for battle or rebellion, when you can't count on your opponents to play fair at all times :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    It happens, I have been in the same position. The council who will be gone into in a later chapter is finally doing something useful. Sarai's mother's feelings are currently up in the air. She is proud due to Sarai celebrating in the Hunteress of Hira celebration but who really knows what she feels towards her daughter's actions. Sarai is vain and still childish, she expects things to be given to her without question. Maybe she will grow and learn as a person from her studies. There are some girls who already know how to fight and will use this to their advantage. The thing with training you are expected to play fair but as you said in real battle an opponent will not wait to take turns and give a fair battle.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    I thought it would be good to check in with some of Isla's other characters, like Mako. The plan in to hop between Meri and Isla to some old friends like Demetria and Myrina's twin brother, Paser. We will also be delving into the pasts of Levi and his story with Chrysippos and their time before joining Isla.
    FagWRUb.png

ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    I'll just enjoy silently this time. All the new characters and situations are highly intriguing. Can't wait to see what will be next! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    There were many plans with this chapter. I had to move some plotlines around. We were gonna have some Paser and a few other parents but it didn't work well with the chapter but that doesn't mean they won't be showing up later. I needed to get the story going and that was this attempt. I had also planned to get this out a while ago but I got a bit sidetracked with mermaids.
    Xynqz51.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, you do get a grasp at how young Meri still is when she banded together with the slaves to keep Marcella busy. But I love her for that! Those precious boys do deserve a time-out, and after all Levi was exhausted enough to fetch the opportunity to sleep. Man he must have been tired!
    Oh my the dream sequence is so gorgeous! :scream: I could stare at the pics for hours, everything is so consistent, the colors, the editing...
    Weeeeeet whut. Whut. Levi's full name is Leviathan I admit laughing at that at first. Like, he doesn't look like a monster. At all. Hopefully it's only a dream, but knowing the concept of a story everything in it has a certain importance and meaning :/
    And who's his father, now. You cut that sentence on purpose, admit it
    Wah. Honestly, that's a lot to stomach. Levi's past is hard enough - I can understand why his mother would protect her people but that is no acceptable behavior or feeling for a mother of any culture.
    Hm. And who is "She". Someone powerful, in any case. Maybe a goddess. Or a ghost like that cursed prince in gen 1
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Meri is a bit annoyed at Marcella. Who storms in and decides to take over, without giving any answers. Plus she was rude to her family and best friends. She has tried a few times to go to Marcella for advice but the game stops her. This time she was attacked by bees because I just recently learned how bee boxes work.

The dream sequence was my favorite part of this chapter. Mostly because of how beautiful the islands are.

The second reason is enjoy the dream sequence is Levi's backstory. Originally his name being Leviathan was just for fun. I wanted a brooding hothead to have a silly name. With the recent release of mermaids with Island Living his story has shifted. I did cut the convo about Levi's dad purposely. As for who the mysterious "she", the only thing I can say is that she has been very involved with Isla from the start.
    ETagn5d.jpg