Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sim reactions feedback

I think that a parent of a sim should react to there child being in labor not just the husband
sims should react to death more even if they don't see it happen
npc sims should be able to break up with a sim if a date goes badly
they should react to there friends passing out
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I completely agree.

Sims should also react to children misbehaving. I'm not saying punish but if their their teen is cursing up a storm they shouldn't just sit next to them oblivious until the player clicks parenting- punish (if they want to) There's only a few misbehaviours sims autonomously show a reaction to and I can't understand why. Toddler playing in the toilet, sim goes "urgh" and scolds. (If the player doesn't cancel it from the queue. Kid or toddler pours paint on the floor all around the parents feet? Parents just stand there staring at the walls I assume doing some kind of internal "La La La I'm going to pretend I don't see that " Again I don't mean punish just react the way any normal person would in that scenario.

Sims should read to cheating. Particularly children if witnessing their parents doing it.
    They should also react to fighting. Again children in particular if it's their family member or their parents fighting. Both were features of the sims 2 for crying out loud.

I would also like to see a reaction to vampires. I find it odd they don't really have a reaction either positive or negative.

Sims on the whole don't seem aware at all of their surroundings at times.

agreed they do react to kids fighting and they do react to swearing but not enough that needs fine tuning @MidnightAura
    I mean if they did it enough you would have seen it by now
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I completely Agree OP

I miss cravings and backaches like the sims 3. I'm currently 7 months pregnant and experience more than occasional morning sickness (especially now in my third trimester, to be honest, I no longer have morning sickness lol) It's like the most your sim wakes up with is nausea. what happened to the back pain? The cravings? and something that would work perfectly with the emotional system MOOD SWINGS.

apologies if this was unrelated. Its just with pregnancy there are a lot of things that dont make sense.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    yes that does need more work
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Somewhat unrelated, but pregnant sims are no longer able to go jogging. Jogging is a healthy exercise for a pregnant woman! Same with swimming laps in a pool. It's like the game turns pregnant women into invalids, and it's frustrating.

I especially agree with the cheating thing. I have to get a sim to walk in on their lover/spouse with another win to get any reaction, and it's just a sad moodlet. That's it.

The parenting pack really exaggerated the lack of emotional depth with the emotional control and empathy trait options. It is so hard to get my sims to feel an emotion that can slide the bar to earn the trait. They earn manners and responsibility like it's nothing, but getting them to learn emotional control is like pulling teeth. Even trying to get them to learn the bad version of the trait is extremely difficult, and if my sims live in a nice house, they can forget about it with nice room moodlets taking over whatever emotion they had before.

A nice room shouldn't cancel out anger or sadness. The moodlet should make an angry sim angrier and do nothing for a sad sim.
    emotional control is easy just get them to play with emotion on an instrument or write in a journal @oXseashellXo
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Somewhat unrelated, but pregnant sims are no longer able to go jogging. Jogging is a healthy exercise for a pregnant woman! Same with swimming laps in a pool. It's like the game turns pregnant women into invalids, and it's frustrating.

I especially agree with the cheating thing. I have to get a sim to walk in on their lover/spouse with another win to get any reaction, and it's just a sad moodlet. That's it.

The parenting pack really exaggerated the lack of emotional depth with the emotional control and empathy trait options. It is so hard to get my sims to feel an emotion that can slide the bar to earn the trait. They earn manners and responsibility like it's nothing, but getting them to learn emotional control is like pulling teeth. Even trying to get them to learn the bad version of the trait is extremely difficult, and if my sims live in a nice house, they can forget about it with nice room moodlets taking over whatever emotion they had before.

A nice room shouldn't cancel out anger or sadness. The moodlet should make an angry sim angrier and do nothing for a sad sim.

I totally agree with every word. Isn't it a bit odd pregnant sims can't bowl, jog, swim or play wrestle with their toddlers, but they can use the rock climbing wall?!

Makes no sense.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd like Sims to react in a lot more cases, especially in the ones mentioned. It seems like they program Sims to react in very certain circumstances and triggers, and it makes them feel too artificial..
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I agree with all of the above and I'd like to add they need to react when visitors knock on the door. Unless I'm focusing on the door or happen to catch them accidentally, I miss 99% of them. The knock just isn't loud enough in my opinion. A simple fix might be having doorbells back, but even then, Sims should still react when the button is pushed.

No one ignores a knock or doorbell ringing in reality, well, unless you don't like the person/Sim and are trying to avoid them I guess. lol That reaction could even be part of the animation depending on your relationship with the Sim stopping by. Sims could peek out a window first to see who it is and either answer or hide. :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above and I'd like to add they need to react when visitors knock on the door. Unless I'm focusing on the door or happen to catch them accidentally, I miss 99% of them. The knock just isn't loud enough in my opinion. A simple fix might be having doorbells back, but even then, Sims should still react when the button is pushed.

No one ignores a knock or doorbell ringing in reality, well, unless you don't like the person/Sim and are trying to avoid them I guess. lol That reaction could even be part of the animation depending on your relationship with the Sim stopping by. Sims could peek out a window first to see who it is and either answer or hide. :)

I like your idea and agree with your feed back @Karababy52
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Sims should also react to children misbehaving.... They should also react to fighting.

I'd like to point out though, that with Parenthood, parents DO react to their children fighting. They have an angry moodlet to having their children fighting. It may be small but it is worth noting.
    bixters wrote: »

Sims should also react to children misbehaving.... They should also react to fighting.

I'd like to point out though, that with Parenthood, parents DO react to their children fighting. They have an angry moodlet to having their children fighting. It may be small but it is worth noting.

they only do this sometimes it should be everytime
    I think we also need better reactions to other Sims whether theyre enemies, or are sims that are flirting with someone right in front of them or if they walk in etc.
  • ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    There is so much wrong with the Sims reactions to the world around them, I don't think it will ever get fixed. Not holding my breath anyway. Sorry to be a party-pooper, but after three years...it's really just about putting band-aids on gaping wounds.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with the Sims reactions to the world around them, I don't think it will ever get fixed. Not holding my breath anyway. Sorry to be a party-pooper, but after three years...it's really just about putting band-aids on gaping wounds.

I agree 100%
    vampires should react to other vampires feeding on there loved ones
    sims should react to other sims being abducted
  • HitassimmingHitassimming Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree. One of the biggest issues I've had with the game was when early on I was playing a single parent family and the mom died. Of her multiple kids the only one who mourned her was the teen who had a bad relationship with her. Her other kids didn't even seem to notice her absence. That was right after the game released and I'd thought at least that much was fixed (I still play Sims 3 more often and it worked the next time a sim died on me) but just yesterday I was playing a save file with three roommates and one of them died. They were all close friends but only one of the other's mourned. Honestly the pets seem more aware of their environment and I can't even check their moodlets. It just disappoints me every time.
    I agree. One of the biggest issues I've had with the game was when early on I was playing a single parent family and the mom died. Of her multiple kids the only one who mourned her was the teen who had a bad relationship with her. Her other kids didn't even seem to notice her absence. That was right after the game released and I'd thought at least that much was fixed (I still play Sims 3 more often and it worked the next time a sim died on me) but just yesterday I was playing a save file with three roommates and one of them died. They were all close friends but only one of the other's mourned. Honestly the pets seem more aware of their environment and I can't even check their moodlets. It just disappoints me every time.

it does need work
    sims should be sad about small pet death
  • MirithilRoseMirithilRose Posts: 12 New Member
    When I have two couples going out to dinner the conversation usually turns awkward. I find that kind of annoying, because usually my sims don't notice half of the stuff that's going on around them. But as soon as one of them starts flirting everyone in the conversation feels awkward. I would understand it if that would be all they did, but just once or twice shouldn't have to be a problem imo.
    sims should stay angry when fighting
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For the moment our sims don't have any human behaviours. It's sad cause it's the main reason why a lot of simmers love TS2.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2018

Careful with this one. It's requests like this that led to the horribly-implemented "Death Calls" we have right now.

I'd prefer NO reaction to Death Calls about anonymous Sims I never heard of, that make my Sims sad for 2 days.

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2018

Careful with this one. It's requests like this that led to the horribly-implemented "Death Calls" we have right now.

I'd prefer NO reaction to Death Calls about anonymous Sims I never heard of, that make my Sims sad for 2 days.

It's a shame that EA is unable to process feedback in the way that other games who proclaim they have a live service offering do.

In most games that offer live services (I.e frequent patches), they release a finished game, and remain open to feedback throughout the duration of the game's lifespan. If players ask for something to be adjusted, developers will make tweaks, but still listen to feedback on said tweaks. If players are still unhappy, they make further adjustments.

With The Sims 4, too often, it has been a case of poor implementation with closed ears following, resulting in zero changes from the original implementation. It extends beyond patches, but goes further to expansion features. I am still waiting on a patch that fixes GTW's design to not be so restraining and hand-holding. And I'm still waiting for the retail features to actually be fun.