Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We may get the dreaded "fire meter" in TS4 Console. (UPDATE: We Won't!)

NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

For those that don't know, the fire meter is a feature in past console games that was basically a limit to how much objects you could place on a lot. If you exceed the limit, there is a fire that destroys it. The limit was kinda low. If this is present in TS4 console it would be horrible. No wonder why they didn't add the Gallery as most lots would go beyond the limit.

Update: SimGuruDuke confirmed we won't get the fire meter! Hooray!
Post edited by NeonHighways on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Looks like it's confirmed from what SimGuruDuke says.
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2017
    It’s necessary. Most people won’t know when they are damaging their console while playing with huge families in a mansion.
  • Options
    It’s necessary. Most people won’t know when they are damaging their console while playing with huge families in a mansion.

I hope the limit is big enough to furnish a mansion tbh
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Oh I remember that in Sims 2 on console. I always said "[insert dreaded F Bomb here] this!" and instead bought the fireworks and would set them off in the house and set the house on fire myself, there, I beat you EA.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

For those that don't know, the fire meter is a feature in past console games that was basically a limit to how much objects you could place on a lot. If you exceed the limit, there is a fire that destroys it. The limit was kinda low. If this is present in TS4 console it would be horrible. No wonder why they didn't add the Gallery as most lots would go beyond the limit.

I agree, im not a fan of the fire meter. I understand the need to have it i guess for performance issues. I just hope its not as limiting in the sims 4 as it has been in the past on other console sims games as it usually fill easily and is buggy.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The confusing thing is my pc has lower specs then a console and it plays the sims 4 on ultra in a mansion with a household of 8 sims and ive never had any issues with having lots of objects etc.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hate the fire meter from the sims 3 console. If this is a feature it will definitely dampen the tiny bit of enthusiasm I have for the console edition.
  • Options
    I hate the fire meter from the sims 3 console. If this is a feature it will definitely dampen the tiny bit of enthusiasm I have for the console edition.

I am kinda with you on that. Im not happy about it either.
  • Options
    Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I had Sims 3 on the PS3 & remember downloading big houses from the exchange that was not furnished. When I went to furnish them the stupid fire meter was already FULL!! Let's just say I was a little bit upset. On a side note I wish they would port Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets from the PS3 to the PS4.
    Grease is the word!
  • Options
    I had Sims 3 on the PS3 & remember downloading big houses from the exchange that was not furnished. When I went to furnish them the plum fire meter was already FULL!! Let's just say I was a little bit upset. On a side note I wish they would port Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets from the PS3 to the PS4.

Oh yea i remember that happening alot! No matter how many objects etc you deleted the fire meter would stay the same and wouldn't go down!
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

Amazing! This is great news! I'm happy for whoever is going to get it on console!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Hated it to and really EA causing random fires because of the limited was a bad thing. And anyway you could never furnish rooms properly and most were empty.

Thankfully no dreaded fire meter this time :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Yes yes yes!!! So glad they'll be no fire meter. I hated the fire meter sooo much and like @marcel21 said, homes looked god awful and empty.
    Worse idea ever. And if it was added i would hate to see my furniture disappear and lose it's charm.
    [
  • Options
    Sipop wrote: »
    Yes yes yes!!! So glad they'll be no fire meter. I hated the fire meter sooo much and like @marcel21 said, homes looked god awful and empty.
    Worse idea ever. And if it was added i would hate to see my furniture disappear and lose it's charm.

Agreed

The sims
    The sims busting out
    The sims in the city
    The sims 2
    The sims 2 pets
    The sims 2 castaway

All were a nightmare with it :(

Finally we can finish rooms and add decor to every room :)

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sipop wrote: »

The only reason they had it on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of The Sims 3 was because the Sims 3 was so laggy. We had more than enough HDD space back then.

The other games were limited due to memory cards being like 8MB.
    @marcel21 wrote: »

Agreed

The sims
    The sims busting out
    The sims in the city
    The sims 2
    The sims 2 pets
    The sims 2 castaway

To be fair, that was because the save files could only be about like 125KB or so.
    A PC save file can be around 2GB. It's quite amazing they managed to fit so much on a memory card back then.

• Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sipop wrote: »

The only reason they had it on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of The Sims 3 was because the Sims 3 was so laggy. We had more than enough HDD space back then.

The other games were limited due to memory cards being like 8MB.
    @marcel21 wrote: »

Agreed

The sims
    The sims busting out
    The sims in the city
    The sims 2
    The sims 2 pets
    The sims 2 castaway

To be fair, that was because the save files could only be about like 125KB or so.
    A PC save file can be around 2GB. It's quite amazing they managed to fit so much on a memory card back then.

Well not quite amazing on quality of the game but see your point.