The soundstage is ready for your creativity! Download the soundstage shell here
and build a set. You aren't required to download the backlot
or the superstar trailer
, but you can if you want. I'd love to see any stories you make with them!
- No Custom Content! Your films should reach as many Simmers as possible.
- In-game cheats are allowed, like bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement.
- You may not add windows to the outside walls, and existing doors/arches may not be removed.
- Do not change the wall height! Your entry must fit properly inside the Plumbob Pictures Backlot!
- Build your set entirely inside the soundstage shell. You can build rooms or partial rooms inside, but your entry must be uploaded as one room, and not as a lot.
Tips for uploading
Here is a tutorial
on how to put enclosed rooms into your entry but still be able to upload the whole room shell.
It's a good idea to double check that the whole room is saved by placing it again after you upload it to your library.
- You can submit more than one entry per challenge, but only one entry per person can qualify for a prize! The rest should be Unofficial.
The Plumbob Pictures Challenge is for builders and designers of any skill level. If you're a beginner and your concept is amazing, for example, you can still win an award! If you don't want to play for awards, or if you miss a deadline, you can still submit something as Unofficial. Since I'm the awards committee at the moment, everything I submit will be Unofficial. I'm in this for the ideas!
Enter to win a signature banner and the coveted Plummy Award! There are infinite categories, including:
- Best Base Game
- Best Pictures
- Set Design
- Film Concept
- Quality Control
- Best Actor(s)
- Costume Design
Plummy Award winners recieve a Maxis nomination in the Maxis Thread.