Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School... Graduation?

Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
Sims 4 ability for these Teen sims to 'Graduate' high school. I have a file with two sims, life Span on long (first time ever playing so long with it on 'long') and when I hover over this Question mark across from this Grade requirements and it says Graduating requires excellent performance and completing your tasks... Now, I have those and kept them up for 3-5 sim days so far and no mention of graduation or option I can find anywhere about getting to...
I know sims 3 has it but that's a different game and functions differently naturally, and I figure this could be just a tease in Sims 4... I've looked-- tried to online for an answer but it's all about either sims 3 or mods or it doesn't appear to refer directly to sims 4...
And I don't see anything when I check the words Sims 4 and Graduation on here so I am guessing it just has never come up or I am looking under one of the wrong key words...

1.) Does anyone know if Sims can gradate high school in sims 4?
2.) IF SO, can you tell me how long it takes and IF I might be missing something by chance?

LJ1hpup.png

I don't want to continue to try to keep doing his homework (that I know I don't need to keep his 'A') if there isn't some reward for it... It's an awful tease and never played on long before nor have I taken note of this or contemplated it till now, so the question never came up in my mind...

Thanks in advance.
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg
Post edited by Kilov17 on

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We are deffo getting University.

Pets too!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I know it. It have been there for years. If I remember it correctly, this text came with that update that brought the Business and Athlete careers. There is no such event as graduation, but there is a reward if you keep their grades high. If your sim is a B student at high school, they'll start their careers on level 2 when they become young adults. Sims with grade A start on level 3.
    As it only affects career levels, it isn't a big deal. Plus homework isn't actually required. I've sent my sims to school without doing their homework and there wasn't any penalty for that. Homework is only required in order to increase the performance bar quickly.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    So, that bit about 'graduating' is just a tease then? A sim will not/ can not actually 'graduate' from high school...? Then, in that case, I am a little irritated they have that there getting my hopes up that there is a chance for a sim teen to finish with school BEFORE hitting Yong Adult.. I was hoping I'd get him to graduate then for the remain 20-30 sim days left till age up I could have him focus on JUST his 'Teen Career', opposed to having to either constantly have him juggle both or not bring home any income and just do school....

What a tease it is...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It's not a tease. It's flavor text and has been there since really early on. The game simply considers aging up and ending going to school as graduation. Just like the previous iterations of the game with the exception of Sims 3 if you had Generations but even then the graduation ceremony didn't take place until after you aged up into a YA.

Also there is a reason to keep his grades up because it will give you a jump start on your career.

You can do what you want to do though if you're not opposed to using mods. There's a Graduation Event Mod that you can set up like a Party Event and there's a mod that allows children and teens to quit and restart school without it effecting their grades or their character values. You could have your teen quit school, concentrate on his teen career and then have him rejoin right before he ages up to get the career boost. Alternatively if you don't want to bother with him rejoining school you can use the Connections Reward Trait to boost his career starting point.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    JWidanka2006JWidanka2006 Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2019
    IMG_0648.JPG?dl=0
    So apparently without knowing I had a high school student graduate.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top