Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The little things...

Anyone else ever come across one of those little things that makes playing the game seem less... IDK interesting/ exciting..?

I mean, for example I came across this occult spawning issue where for whatever reason, the game will insist on spawning two of it's own spawned vampires... One dies, it spawns two more... In Sims 3 you have in the options a way to stop the game from spawning it's own occults but not in Sims 4... :disappointed::disappointed:
Why? I don't know, but a little thing that could and IMO should but isn't...

Also, there's that MCC, I'd think the game could have it's own 'Story progression' you can/ could turn on or off but no... Why?
Not game breaking but would be nice not having to hunt down and get this MCC thing people talk so much about just to get story progression... I'd rather not, and haven't though.

Aside from the shorter teens, pre-teens and new life stage stuff that can/ would be a dramatic change to the game; is/ are there little things that are in the game or namely in the options that seem to you should/ need to be?

Honestly, there is a bunch about Sims 4 I love over the game play of Sims 3, but I am starting to really understand why people prefer Sims 3 and/or still play it... Simple things can ruin the fun IMO...
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'd also like to know why they didn't implement toggles for aliens and vampires. Okay, vampires are understandable because they got their own pack, so they expected people who buy it to want vampires in their game :D However, aliens came with Get to Work, simply not everyone wanted them.

For story progression, I actually think that they simply didn't have enough time to implement it, I mean, they didn't have enough time for toddlers either at the beginning, and I think story progression won't come from the devs in the near future because there are many people on the other side that hated story progression and don't want it. A toggle would help, but as we know, they aren't so good with toggles this time around :D . But let's stay fair, TS3 vanilla game doesn't have a story progression in this state it is now as well, the only "story progression" you can see is sims moving in and out of town, and this is no bashing but simply the truth.

Because you mentioned it, the life stage stuff are the worst demands I see on the forums these days. Since we got toddlers, everyone whines about teens, is begging for preteens and even "crawler" or younger toddlers. Ridiculous.

I am personally annoyed by the fact that there's no option to disable the generating of townies. I mean, we don't need them at all, for npc roles such as bartenders, the game could also just choose premades without jobs for it like it is with the vendors.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I'd like to be able to visit the active career lots, (mainly the hospital) without needing mods. I have the mod installed, but it's unfortunate that you can't just go the the hospital whenever you want, especially if your sims are ill.

It's also unfortunate that we can apprehend criminals for vandalism/breaking into homes, but there's still no sign of burglars. They were a classic from TS1. Even though they could be countered by purchasing burglar alarms, I still miss being worried about being burgled. I also liked that you could release cuffed burglars in TS3. They'd express their gratitude and would run off. Like, gameplay wise, it didn't really add anything but it still felt really immersive to be given that choice? I like when the Sims team adds little things like that, stuff that might not be noticed by a ton of people, but it's still appreciated by those that do.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    The spawning issue is what I really dislike about the game right now. I don't have vampires but I have GTW and the aliens that spawn are ridiculous!! I don't mind having some aliens in my game but they are everywhere. I can imagine how bad it would be with the vampire pack.

I use MCC because I like to have story progression in my game, it makes it more lively for me. Some people don't prefer it and I understand and I really don't mind downloading a mod. You just have to keep up with the updates and all but I don't use many mods so it's not a bother for me.

The whole preteen debate going on lately I think is a little over the top. In my opinion, I think they should just tweak the teens up a bit. They are more like adults in the game besides having to go to school. Maybe if they could make them shorter and more of a baby face feature so when they age up to young adult they can turn into a more mature look. I think they should add more teen stuff to do also. Like sneak out and go to prom or football games. Something in that nature that teens like to do to make them feel like they are teens. Do I make sense?! haha

Also what @Lishacake said about visiting the active career lots. That would be a bonus because that was one feature that I was upset about when I got GTW. At least in TS3 you can send your sim to the hospital to have a baby or get well.

But overall, once I started playing TS4 it took me a while to adjust from TS3, but now I gotten really into it. I started playing it differently than the previous sims games and it's making it more enjoyable for me. :)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I feel Sims 4 doesn't have as much immersion or realism to it like Sims 3. I miss things like weather and burglars
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I don't know whether it's just luck but I have never had an alien spawn in game in fact I've not even seen an alien in any of my sims 4 saves and I've had get to work since it came out.

Vampires yeah they come to your door once in a while but that's it hardly really intrusive . They just go away after 10 mins.

Obviously weather will be added when they add seasons expansion so we will just have to wait for that:)
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    I don't know whether it's just luck but I have never had an alien spawn in game in fact I've not even seen an alien in any of my sims 4 saves and I've had get to work since it came out.

Vampires yeah they come to your door once in a while but that's it hardly really intrusive . They just go away after 10 mins.

Obviously weather will be added when they add seasons expansion so we will just have to wait for that:)

I hadn't had any aliens either until I traveled to Siam to collect stuff. Then there was a huge influx. I kept up with culling them and since I haven't been back to Siam they haven't returned.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @Lishacake I didn't know you could release a robber in Sims 3...
    I can only assume the reason burglars were left out because they had the idea/ plan for vampires and having them with the ability to break into a sim's home themselves...

But nothing worse than having the original 3 (awesome) vampires plus whatever vampires you add or sims turned then the game Generates two randomly generated vampires... You say, ok, I'll try to deal with this, one dies-- You give the reaper a death flower to save them and... You still have two vampires but the game because one did die, even though you got grim to spare it, the game generates two more... So you have four now... I want to get Go To Work but NOT when I can't even manage this vampire thing. All things in moderation. I don't want a chance of being flooded by Vampires and Aliens.

And I am getting more and more jealous of others having story progression but not change to the option so it's a BUILT IN feature instead of something you have to get by means of MODs or whatever... Gah...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I agree with the spawning of Vampires. Yes, I bought the pack, so yes, I did want Vampires... but not in every single save of mine.
    My main save, I try my best to keep it on the more "realistic" side (with some exceptions), so it kind of annoys me when a random Vampire tries breaking into my house in the middle of the night, when I'd just gone through and deleted all of the Vampires in my world.
    Not to mention, how each and every one of my Sims autonomously will start chatting up others about these Vampires, or wishing to research them and whatnot.
    A toggle would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I think it's got something to do with SOMETHING we do or don't do that causes these issues with being spammed with one occult or another... But I don't know what. :neutral::disappointed:
    JrTlDGw.jpg