Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ud6gkdK[/url]
    Morning Sparky, I may not have time to work on that much until monday, my grandkids will be here for the weekend soon o:) The world does have some stuttering and I took a few pictures of the spots I'm finding, all in all this world is going to be the bomb once the few little kinks are worked out, Thanks for the picture help I have around a dozen, even the tragic clown outfit lol :D Just checked and the pics are jpg files

Thanks so much for taking pictures of the problem spots and I have no problem waiting for the info. Have a Wonderful time with your Grandkids. :mrgreen:

The picture and the link-

Ud6gkdK.jpg

That is the Science center where they experimented in creating the PlantSims. :)
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited September 2017
    Here are a couple shots
    ff4TFPZ.jpg
    [img][/img]AGHW3xF.jpg
    [img][/img]JdgUPlH.jpg
    [img][/img]GWRc8fH.jpg
    Abducted LoL >:)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
    Good Morning Rflong, the picture at the science facility was just pretty pink, I meant to post the one showing it while the sky was blue. the picture on the previous page shows a couple guys with routing errors but there is nothing in the way. Now that I'm getting pics figured out I'll try to be clear whether it was just pretty or sticky spots, you have a great weekend too, my oldest grandson (5) spends a lot of time on my computer on the weekends so I don't get much game time then lol.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LuvtehGeeks

yay lovely pics so glad you can finally post them...My neighbour goes through similar situation when all her grand-kids come over to stay and in the end I set her up with 2 desktops and one laptop so these-days she can usually get on one for a little while :)

@Rflong7

Will probably have a couple of hours later tonight to play just wondering if there is anything specific you want me to check for you? You know I have a ton of mods/cc and so far that does not appear to have effects the world/game although it's early days yet :)
    edited September 2017
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you again for helping with the picture instructions. My son has the boys every weekend, we have 3 desktops but that still cuts me out when they play together >:) lol. I might get an hour in or so!
    edited September 2017
    @LuvtehGeeks

You are welcome I don't know much lol I only ever started learning about PC's when I started playing Sims and had to keep getting over the many problems I experienced plus many wonderful players who have helped me along when necessary so if I can help any other player I will always try because others have helped me :)

Oh and I really dislike Windows 10 and was forced into it by Microsoft who would not honour my windows 7 legitimate disc and key-code last time I upgraded my PC >:)
    edited September 2017
    @Rflong7

I have spent ages downloading cc free Sims so I can try populating as I add lots to the world..

After placing Grimm's graveyard I knew I wanted a type of vampire style mansion within those lovely castle walls so here we go: doesn't it look absolutely perfect and all matching :)

lxXYm1e.jpg

and I found a beautiful Arboretum for the fairy area..

Bkl9wtB.jpg

I also added city hall the the library from the store to the vamp castle area which appears to suit the general theme :)

9HJQspb.jpg

This world is going to take me ages to fill up with lots and match it all up and I am going to love every minute doing it :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    edited September 2017
    Thanks! @SPARKY1922 They do Fit Wonderfully and it's looking Perfect. =D

Yay!~ @LuvtehGeeks for getting pictures to work and for Sharing them and for the Abduction. Woot! XD

Thanks so much for helping me test the world. :cookie:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Still testing things, using MC reset everything is helping with that stutter, it's going to need separate rabbit holes for police, military, city hall and business so opportunities don't glitch and 'ducks' a lot more roads for the vampires puppies n kittens, I've noticed the puppies n kittens are miserable from taking hours on those paths and there aren't many food bowls, I might try and get the little lot from LN with the subway and food truck 14x12 to make some universal food/travel stations. Forgot I have a small sky dive lot if you want, the paper seat cover in the bathroom needs to be removed though or it blocks them using the toilet. Vampires are like little kids in this game, they have to be coddled lol.
    edited September 2017
    @LuvtehGeeks

ooh it sounds like I ought to be testing more rather than trying to kit out the whole map with beautiful lots before starting to play properly.. so have you taken out the multi rabbit hole lots? if so which ones as I could not find a city hall anyway I have had to add one? I think the police/military lot is in the vampire area if memory serves and I cannot member where the business rabbit hole is off the top of my head.. Can you let me know where you have placed the new rabbit hole lots and which worlds you took them from so I can do the same..

I like your idea re the subway lots too but also love the little stations with the telephone boxes although I am not sure how many Sims can travel at once in the box because sometimes when I send even 2 sims somewhere only one arrives and I have to send the other one again so I think big families might be problematic although I am not too worried personally as I teleport my sims almost everywhere anyway or I may add a box go each home as it will not look out of place in this world.

I am also having problems with one of the fairy houses in that the top floor bathroom is inaccessible and for the life of me I cannot work out why so I am simply going to replace that house with another when when I have tested them all.

I would love to use your small sky dive lot if it is uploaded somewhere :)

Just wondering if adding a fire station could be problematic? I do not mind doing without one but just wondering as half the map is roadless?

could not help snapping a pic of my new fairy house though :)

dfaz6ol.jpg
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    @SPARKY1922 That house is so cute!!! I do have a picture of 4 small individual city, police, army, and business building if I can remember to do pictures right lol. I like the phone booth looking llamas better too but years ago cat & dogs could use the subways so that why I suggested those. The skydive lot is on the exchange under my user name, don't forget to remove the toilet seat cover dispenser things on the back wall lol. I love this world and hope it ends up with room for the uni buildings to be dropped in, its really boring being the only sim in town with a university degree lol. I have seen a fire dept sim walking on the long path then disappearing? I would love to make a fire station or two and the second graveyard! I started trying to make a festival lot combining the roller coaster & carousel parts with some year round skills sets and arcade, that may be over my head lol.
    Four Little Buildings:
    PHtaPce.jpg
    Perfect pathing:
    lysZjr2.jpg
    Sky Diving lot:
    jVOCPOh.jpg
    edited September 2017
    @LuvtehGeeks

Wonderful pics could you please tell me where you got the 4 small individual city, police, army, and business building as I am going to need something that size and they look lovely and uniformed along that row in your picture.. :)

I have never played in a world where there are no roads in some areas so I am expecting some hiccups at some point possibly due to sims getting stuck somewhere trying to travel.. I never knew cats and dogs could use the subway I would have hoped they would not need to lol Can they try using the phone boxes as well do you know?

Yes I was concerned that adding a fire station may cause problems if they were being called to a part of the map without roads so I have not added a fire station as yet..

I also have no real clue how to use the skydiving lot if you would not mind explaining please.. and I never got the lot when it was some sort of freebie at the store I believe and missed it so if I download it does it require anything else to work from the store that may be no longer there? I just hovered by cursor over the skydiving lot and is says not available so would that mean if I downloaded your lot it would not be available to me?

I see you have added the subway do you think that is working better?

I am the most terrible builder on the planet lol so everything I use has been made by our wonderful creator players who I will always be forever grateful for making my games look awesome :)

I love this world too and am prepared to make whatever changes that may be necessary to get it running smoothly as it's perfect for the way I have always wanted to play my supernaturals :)
    @SPARKY1922 The 4 little buildings were just some I found in build mode: community objects iirc I filtered by sims 3 and that included store items then flopped them on that lot as I was having a problem with an opportunity lol. The sky diving lot is pretty simple, just send your sim in the rabbit hole and they build athletic skill, they will become exhausted fairly quick though, it's been a minute, I made that lot 5 years ago. Haven't used the subway, it was just part of that build, I lost all my builds due to a virus, format and 'being' upgraded to win 10 which I despise. I have always wanted a supernatural world with the store venues, homeworld uni and excellent routing lol. Cheers ;)
    @LuvtehGeeks

Thanks lol shows you how much I know about what buildings are in the community bin-) I will download the sky diving lot and give it a go because the one I usually use from into the future is not going to cut it in this world.. I understand your pain at losing everything I have had that happen in the past so these days everything is backed up on external hard drives however despite trying to take care how I back everything up it can get a little tedious searching for everything but it's still better than loosing it all and having to find it and re-download it all again..

I spent several hours tonight searching through my DV style saved lots adding them to my downloads folder and 10 shut down on me without warning and when it came back all the simpaks I had added to the folder had disappeared. I am so angry I have given up :)
    Wow that's terrible, sorry you are having that weirdness. I was just trying to get a link for you for that sky dive set, it's called the 'Ford Focus Thrill Seekers set' I looked it up in my purchase history and it came out around the beginning of Jan. 2012. I have a flash drive that might have some saves on it, scared to look because if there aren't any I have nothing of my girl I played for years. I don't have any back up, it was all in extra folders on my hard drive :s I looked at all the fairy houses and couldn't find any thing blocking a bathroom in any of them but the ladders from IP might not work for sims carrying toddlers, cat and dogs trying to go up a level. Don't ever give up, just walk away and form a new plan lol >:)
    @LuvtehGeeks

My windows 10 has been a little funky for a while now and my tech friend thinks it could be the registry playing up and has given me instructions on how to repair which I am resisting because my last upgrade took over 3 months to get working with my sims games again and those horrible memories are well and truly etched on my mind and I don't believe a repair wont mess with my games despite claims to the contrary..

Please don't look on your flashdrive if it's upsetting I sometimes look back over my old game pics and fret about the sims I lost when stuff happened and I had not backed up properly..

I wonder what the heck is happening with my fairy house then the one I was testing will simply not work and while it does have the IP ladders the sims can use those easily they will simply not go through the door to use the bathroom. I may change the house and try again. Do you know if there a way to send sims into different houses to check routing without having to change the active family?

I don't give up but I do hate it when large chunks of time have been wasted so I get angry and close things down until i am over it lol
    Lol, this game is sometimes more frustration than fun, I don't get it, Blizzard always has their game fixed within a couple days. What is the address of the house? If I need a new sim I just go to main menu, start a new game and pick a random to push around then exit with out saving after testing. If you don't want to do that you can put Opener in and it will open the house for your current sims to try the routing. :)
  • slugbuggslugbugg Posts: 80 Member
    Hi Rflong
    Amazing world can't wait till its finished. I downloaded it and have not really had a chance to put my sim in but I have went into all the wonderful lots and I found at Raven's Roost some of the trees are showing underground which I know is an easy fix. I have had that happen before. One question on Poisdens Beach. Is it a festival lot because a lot of the objects, windows are silhouettes. I click on them and they appear.
  • slugbuggslugbugg Posts: 80 Member
    Sparky1922 I would love if you don't mind sharing where you found them the vampire castle, arboretum, and fairy house. They look fantastic and match perfectly with the world.
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Rflong7 Found several trouble area's. Not sure if you placed Grim's Ghastly Manor, but mine is not showing up in game. Sorry I don't have pictures, having problems uploading the picts I took.

The Paradise Resort's huts that extend into the water are having height problems they are buckled and lifted up.
    The ocean waves in the Future area are sweeping across the building and roads.
    Not sure if this is the way you wanted to spell Poisden's Beach or Poseidon's Beach.

I added 5 families to the world in each section. My fairy family threw a party inviting her sister, whom I moved into the north old section. The party was for 4 pm, her sister got to her house at 1 am, long after the party was over.
    My other family that lives in the Paradise Resort area ordered a pizza that never came.
    My fairy's husband is a Witch and started a fire, the fire tucks arrived at the end of the highway but the firemen never came to the house, they auto appeared near the property but fazed out, (which is something I never saw in the sims game before, they were there then gone, there and gone, lol)

In my opinion if you connect a vehicle road into Old Pirate Pier area it would solve the problems for the Resort and the Fairy area.

Thank you for another beautiful world.
    @LuvtehGeeks

I think I have spent equal time repairing this game than I have done playing it in one way or another lol and that's with a pretty decent system however I love the Sims and this game gives me pleasure (when everything is working ok-) so I just keep going :)

I tend to stick with one family at a time in one world but this time because of all the testing I want to do I am going to be changing households then several times rather than starting new worlds-)

I just moved my sims out of the lot that was creating problems with the bathroom and will replace the lot with another it's not big deal I don't want to spend anytime on that when I can simply replace the house.

@slugbugg

The manor house I have used in the vampire area is by ruthless and called Wyndley Manor on a 60x60 lot. You will have to move the 2 castle turret objects out of the way for it to fit on the lot I have placed it on.. scroll down to the forth lot down on the following website..

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_7.html

I am not sure where I got the arboretum and fairy house so give me time to try and find those for you :)

Hi @Moinesse

I have placed the store version of ghastly manor in the vampire area of the world and have not experienced any problems.. I already thought that travel could be a little problematic with the world as half the map has roads and the other half not which is why I have decided I am not going add a fire station to this world however I have a very definite gameplay ideas for this world and am quite prepared to do without certain things in favour of playing with others-) I am considering placing subways (as suggested by @LuvtehGeeks) into the telephone box stations around the roadless map as I believe more Sims in groups would be able to travel easier but have not made my mind up as yet because anything I change is going to have to be in keeping with the style of the world.

I hope we can all work together and bounce off ideas so we can all play the world how we would like to :)
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@SPARKY1922 Not sure what you mean by " however I have a very definite gameplay ideas for this world and am quite prepared to do without certain things in favour of playing with others-)" If you mean to play solo sims family the world would be perfect. If you want to play with townie sims in the world then there are some problems.

I have played roadless worlds and have always had a problem with townies getting to where the program is sending them if the spot is to far away, such as a park. The townie will stop and get stuck, they are hungry and need the bathroom, the lag starts, then the game will hang up. To many routines in the program trying to find a solution to the problem. Even if you have a mod that resets sims, they will perform the same routine again, because that is what the program tells them to do.

The Sims 3 was never made for a roadless world, but you can overcome that by making roads connected to paths and other roads that won't make the non playing sims take hours to travel. I have never had a townie sims use telephone box station or subways,(except ITF), to travel. The only perfect roadless world I have played is Cadly Isle by @StellaToronto because its a compact world with access to all venues.
    BTW if you have a fire at your home, even if you don't have a fire station the firemen will show up, if they can.
    The suggestion I made in the previous post, to connect the upper portion of the map to the Old Pirate Pier is a sound suggestion, based on the Sims 3 programming and a lot of failed roadless worlds. Hopefully other tester will find a work around and post them. Thanks again for a new world.
    Hi @Moinesse

I simply meant that I would teleport my active family everywhere to avoid any travel problems however I am forgetting about townies and other families getting stuck when travelling because I have always had a mod to take care of that so of course in other worlds that tends to resolve that sort of problem. I have not thought this out properly yet assuming I can rely on the same mods and systems I have in place now when they are all for worlds with roads.

So in a roadless world how does the program attempt to send Sims to their travel destinations? only by taxi? car? I noticed you mentioned Cadly Isle and went to find it and it is a very small world where I am assuming everyone can walk to wherever they are going without too many problems. I assumed again maybe wrongly that it would simply direct the Sims to any form of available transport/travel system close by like the telephone box or a subway station but read in your experience they will only do that in ITF? If so I am wondering what is so different about the programming in ITF that it directs Sims to use the public transportation system in that world but not in others?

I never knew firemen would attempt to attend a fire without there being a fire station present-) I have played 3 for years and you have made me realise just how little I know of the workings of it :)
    edited September 2017
    Hi ::)

@Moinesse @slugbugg -Thanks for finding my miss-spelling. There's probably more than one. :lol:
    I'll fix the edges of the lot and info.

I'll check out the bathroom in the fairy house, @SPARKY1922

No, I won't make this a full road world. Yes, you might not want to order pizza if you live too far out of the city area- they won't deliver. Yes, parties goers will have a bit of a travel time so invite them early.

Still, this isn't a road-less world. There is only a Small section of my map that doesn't have a road. I am contemplating removing roads from the Pirate area.
    I watched a little kitten run from the horse barn all the way to the pirate area, walk onto a lot and disappear. The kitten was fine because I wasn't playing it. If I were playing it then I'm sure I could have it travel a quicker way.

If the world doesn't work the way it is, besides the small studdering from what I think is the Simbot island (will fix the wave) then it doesn't work. I'm good with it. :)

*And if I remember right- roadless worlds don't allow for firefighters, pizza, nor police. They didn't years ago when I made my last roadless world.

**Okay, I am in game and had no problem ordering and receiving a pizza. O.o
    And the Fire department just showed up from the fake fire call. So, I'm good with this so far. :)
    TvWpkgq.jpg

I did find I missed the back steps into the yard for that house. XD
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    No roads are in red
    SfJSbe3.jpg

My Sim also loved to "pop" over to Simbot island with her carpool. It was quick and I liked it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top