Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• kyungsookimkyungsookim Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello can anyone help please, I can't make any new careers. I wanted to begin again but when I try to edit the Main Track it just goes to a white screen? I've used this tool before and it never used to do this. I thought once it had been updated it would be okay but the problem persists. I've tried other browsers but still the same, so I assume it's the website not my computer. Thanks.
  • marissc17marissc17 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @kyungsookim said:
    > Hello can anyone help please, I can't make any new careers. I wanted to begin again but when I try to edit the Main Track it just goes to a white screen? I've used this tool before and it never used to do this. I thought once it had been updated it would be okay but the problem persists. I've tried other browsers but still the same, so I assume it's the website not my computer. Thanks.

Hi kyungsookim - I ran into this yesterday, clearing my cache and history actually fixed it.. Hate to be that guy, but it might work!
  • kyungsookimkyungsookim Posts: 2 New Member
    > @marissc17 said:
    > > @kyungsookim said:
    > > Hello can anyone help please, I can't make any new careers. I wanted to begin again but when I try to edit the Main Track it just goes to a white screen? I've used this tool before and it never used to do this. I thought once it had been updated it would be okay but the problem persists. I've tried other browsers but still the same, so I assume it's the website not my computer. Thanks.
    >
    > Hi kyungsookim - I ran into this yesterday, clearing my cache and history actually fixed it.. Hate to be that guy, but it might work!

Thank you for replying but its definitely more than that, it gets stuck often and I get an Internal Server Error. I even tried it on my family members computer in a different house and it's still the same. I believe it is the site itself (?) Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't it seems.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Just wanted to make sure that people following the thread know that the tool has been updated:

• Tool updated for 1.90.375.1020 (High School patch). You need to export your careers again to get the updated version.
    • Snowy Escape, Cottage Living and High School Years skills added : Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Cross Stitch and Entrepreneur
    • Neia_Careers_Commons.package updated
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Just wanted to make sure that people following the thread know that the tool has been updated:

Unfortunately I updated my careers and I notice no one in any career can go to work. I wonder what I did wrong.
    > @LuciferVArtist said:
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > Just wanted to make sure that people following the thread know that the tool has been updated:
    >
    > Unfortunately I updated my careers and I notice no one in any career can go to work. I wonder what I did wrong.

OK so I realize my error and I figured I'd post in case someone ends up in my situation. After coming back to the game after a long time I did not realize that there was an update to s4pe. I updated my careers with the ole dirty one and basically left me with no sims able to go to work not matter what career he or she had. So, downloaded the updated s4pe recreated my package files and had no issues with sims going to work. So, if you're coming back to sims 4 after a long time like me and realizing that the career editor is back, make sure you update s4pe to update your careers.
    PS there's still no acting level 6. It goes from 5 to 7.
  • IzaralliaIzarallia Posts: 13 New Member
    After the latest update I'm having issues with my skill requirements appearing for each job level.

It will show the tooltip if you hover over the blank area for the appropriate skill. It will show the 0/10 for the skill or a checkmark if it is complete, but it will not show the name of the skill itself. The skill changes from level to level. For example, on level 2 Fitness might show up and Handiness might now, while on level 3 the issue is reversed.

I updated the commons file. I checked to make sure I have the latest version of s4pe. These are the same careers I've been using for years, so I don't think anything should be wrong with them. I even exported them a second time and downloaded them again to make sure I didn't mess up anything in the process.

This wasn't an issue before the update, but I generally try to keep all my mods up to date. I also loaded the game up with no other mods and a fresh localthumbcache.

I'm stumped on what else to do :(

Any help would be very much appreciated.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xKr879h.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/eCBSe4M.png[/img]
  • ANC_AirANC_Air Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm trying to recreate the singer career since it seems abandoned and doesn't work for me well. When I upload icons and images to each track I run into this problem where the tracks are getting duplicated multiple times. See this screenshot below:

https://imgur.com/a/XL6T7qz

I already tried to delete the duplicate tracks, but then all the tracks were deleted, forcing me to start all over again.

Does this sound familiar to anybody and how to fix this, or is this some kind of glitch?
  • ArchyArchy Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi i'm new here and i did make one career following a tutorial from Ladyangel on the Sims Fans Uk page.
    It worked it was kinda easy to make and it did show up in my game(didn't test it much cuz i saw i was missing something). after i saw that i had no images for branch of my career. i decided to go back and put icon and image for both branches of my career. but then i can't find my main career and now i have a shoice of my 2 branch careers.
    i'm not sure if i did something wrong later.
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I was making a career that involved knitting but you don't have that as one of the required skills. Could you add it please?
  • xLeighx3xLeighx3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a possibility to create a careers for teens?
  • BUD_G_111BUD_G_111 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Izarallia said:
    > After the latest update I'm having issues with my skill requirements appearing for each job level.
    >
    > It will show the tooltip if you hover over the blank area for the appropriate skill. It will show the 0/10 for the skill or a checkmark if it is complete, but it will not show the name of the skill itself. The skill changes from level to level. For example, on level 2 Fitness might show up and Handiness might now, while on level 3 the issue is reversed.
    >
    > I updated the commons file. I checked to make sure I have the latest version of s4pe. These are the same careers I've been using for years, so I don't think anything should be wrong with them. I even exported them a second time and downloaded them again to make sure I didn't mess up anything in the process.
    >
    > This wasn't an issue before the update, but I generally try to keep all my mods up to date. I also loaded the game up with no other mods and a fresh localthumbcache.
    >
    > I'm stumped on what else to do :(
    >
    > Any help would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > [img]https://i.imgur.com/xKr879h.png[/img]
    >
    > [img]https://i.imgur.com/eCBSe4M.png[/img]

I am having the same issue, any help would be appreciated!
    I haven't updated to 1.91 yet but is anyones careers broken?
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Hello folks. I moved my Create-a-Career tutorial to Google docs. It's linked via Patreon (free), where I'm attempting to get all my mods together now. https://www.patreon.com/posts/sims-4-tutorial-67907602
    hey, is it possible to update other peoples careers? I want to use the mods of a youtuber who stopped playing ts4 and therefore never updated them. I was able to fix the traits myself but also want to fix the career

You would have to do this in s4pe or Sims 4 Studio, as Neia's tool does not allow importing careers, only exporting. You could make a new one, though, based on the one you want updated.
    edited October 2022
    Artaen wrote: »
    Hello! I try to create my new career. But unfortunately, some objectives to get a promotion are "blank"... It's appear some stings are missing... and all languages except English have "blank" texts. I search everywhere... Can I've some help? :/
    PS: My game is in French.

Late to the game, I am, but if you're still needing info on this, as far as the other languages, you have to either manually enter them in their respective languages, or do a copy string in Sims 4 Studio. Open the .package in S4S, click on Tools>Modding>Copy string tables to all languages. Done! Be aware that this only adds English to all the String Tables.
    Post edited by Simmiller on
    Nazir1133 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I don't know if the topic has already been discussed ..... I have such a problem - I wanted to create a career related to the "land of magic" package but unfortunately in the career wizard I did not find the skills to create a career for wizards ....

It's possible the tool hasn't yet been updated to include the new content from recent packs. You can modify the career after you export it in Sims 4 Studio or s4pe, though.
    Open the .package you will be putting in the game.
    Click on Tools>Extract Tuning and wait for the popup. Search in the bar for the skill you want to add as an objective by typing objective_skill and the entire list will come up. Click on the one you need and add to packge. This will get you the tuning number you need to add, it's in the top line at the very end.
    Go to the Aspiration Tuning file in Sims 4 Studio for the level you want to add the new skill to. It will look something like this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <I c="AspirationCareer" i="aspiration" m="aspirations.aspiration_tuning" n="aspiration_AirlineEmployee_Mechanic_Level2" s="13195939706400063768" >
    <L n="objectives">
    <T>109078</T> <T>26606</T> <T>109070</T> </L>
    </I>
    Take the tuning number from the skill objective and add it in there using the same format <T>#######</T> and save it. You can delete the skill objective file from the package as it's not required. Save the package and test in game.

I've added this to my tutorial, in a bit more detail, but you can see it's possible!
  • toriajanefstoriajanefs Posts: 1 New Member
    Can anyone help? Whenever I am adding images (eg icon & splash image) to my branches, it creates duplicates of the track.
    I cannot Get them back down to one, as when I delete a clone it deletes all of the clones and original track.
    I have had to start from scratch as because of this, the main track and one of the branches got swapped and then the main track never showed a name in game, and didnt have different branches in game, (when before any pic uploads it did work)

https://i.postimg.cc/LqSYC0Jn/Screenshot-49.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/pyS9bd9N/Screenshot-50.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/CzfRFVDR/Screenshot-51.png
  • andrew1969andrew1969 Posts: 1 New Member
    I may be doing it wrong, but through using the create-a-career website, it seems that the additional tracks default to level 1, when I want them to be accessible after reaching a certain level (ie 6) with the main track. In future updates of this tool, would it be possible to add a setting to set the desired level of additional tracks?
    edited March 2023
    I was making a career that involved knitting but you don't have that as one of the required skills. Could you add it please?

Until the skill is added, there is a workaround. You can put in a dummy skill while creating the career, and then in Sims 4 Studio afterwards, you can change the tuning for that dummy skill to the tuning for the knitting skill.
    > @LuciferVArtist said:
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > Just wanted to make sure that people following the thread know that the tool has been updated:
    >
    > Unfortunately I updated my careers and I notice no one in any career can go to work. I wonder what I did wrong.

OK so I realize my error and I figured I'd post in case someone ends up in my situation. After coming back to the game after a long time I did not realize that there was an update to s4pe. I updated my careers with the ole dirty one and basically left me with no sims able to go to work not matter what career he or she had. So, downloaded the updated s4pe recreated my package files and had no issues with sims going to work. So, if you're coming back to sims 4 after a long time like me and realizing that the career editor is back, make sure you update s4pe to update your careers.
    PS there's still no acting level 6. It goes from 5 to 7.

Sims 4 Studio and Zerbu's Mod Constructor also don't have level 6 acting objective, but they also don't have (that I could see) 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 10 LOL! But, you could probably make your own objective with that skill level.
    andrew1969 wrote: »
    I may be doing it wrong, but through using the create-a-career website, it seems that the additional tracks default to level 1, when I want them to be accessible after reaching a certain level (ie 6) with the main track. In future updates of this tool, would it be possible to add a setting to set the desired level of additional tracks?

This shouldn't be an issue and has never been one for me, so either there is a step being missed, the info is being put in the wrong place in the tool, or the tool is glitching. I recommend checking out the tutorials for the tool. I have one, and there are others out there as well, if you like. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRusukoLNCXEOCfbG8vGOKSbdE0dDceeBBeb70pMxkhaEqz2YerSw8zJkClq3p0Uc0pdciztK_nPZt6/pub
    Post March2023 patch:

I don't want to jump the gun, but I just got my Event Planner career to work, so I'm going to see about the Airline Employee and Locomotive Engineers careers and see if they will work, too.

Creators: I just re-exported from the Create-a-Career online tool, then redid the Python process, etc, and voila! I'll see if the other 2 careers will work with this and if they do, I will be ecstatic!
  • creeper321448creeper321448 Posts: 2 New Member
    Could we ever get an update that lets you choose the age groups that can work a career? Along with if a career is part-time or full time?
  • Flalalala2Flalalala2 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I add things to do as a work from home task via sims4studio. I want to add an interaction on the computer or phone that says collect SSI benefits check. Also, can you explain what number to use for job performance to make it fill up in 1 day?
  • Mima_CobaltiniMima_Cobaltini Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been try to create a few werewolves careers, and I need a little help. I would like new skills for describe werewolves, like werewolf lore, duel, spirit knowledge, could anyone help me? How can I setup daily tasks, like write a book, programming, or something like that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top