Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• QsaQsa Posts: 2 New Member
    Why option "take vacation Day" is broken? It does not show up :(
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Qsa wrote: »
    Why option "take vacation Day" is broken? It does not show up :(

This usually happens with paid time off when the ts4script file you create either hasn't been created, forgotten to be put in mods folder, or is corrupted. I wonder if perhaps this is what's happening here. The ts4script file has to be created separately, after you export the career using Neia's online tool. If you need help, please feel free to check out this tutorial, beginning with Step 14: https://modthesims.info/t/611227

I hope this helps :)
  • KakonKakon Posts: 7 New Member
    I will try it. Thanks!
  • WickserzWickserz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey all, I finally got my PTO to work with my custom career with Neia's tool but on my phone it's blank does anybody know the reason for this? It works it's just blank
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Wickserz wrote: »
    Hey all, I finally got my PTO to work with my custom career with Neia's tool but on my phone it's blank does anybody know the reason for this? It works it's just blank

Did you make sure to add the text to the string table?
  • timthesmurftimthesmurf Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, I've created a career now and everything seems to work. The only problem i got is that the Preview images of the careers dont show up when choosing the career.
    Of course i have uploaded the pictures on the Create-A-Career Tool. They also appear in Sims4Studio when looking at the different language strings. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I recently got a new laptop. I've installed Python 3.7.3, and can access it. When I type in "import Simmiller_Careers(etc)" the requisite file is not created in the __pycache__ folder. I have the folder/files permissions, so I'm not sure why it's not working. Any thoughts?
    @timthesmurf Your image files should be DST Image files inside the package in Sims 4 Studio (and I'm thinking that's what you meant by in the language strings, because they're different :) ). The cover image has to be 1000x500 pixels, and the icon 128x128, just to double check. Any variation in the size can cause problems. Also in S4S, look at your Career Track Tuning file, and ensure in the display screen that the instance numbers from your images are repeated in there. You should find them past the career levels and name, where it says:
    </V>
    <T p="InGame\UI\Icons\Career\Career_Business_Main.png" n="icon">2f7d0004:00000000:99EF539712E8F227</T>
    <T n="icon_high_res" p="InGame\UI\Icons\Career\Career_Business_hires.png">2f7d0004:00000000:9BED1B7725096A92</T>

The first one should be your cover image and the second the icon.
    I hope this helps!
  • timthesmurftimthesmurf Posts: 2 New Member
    @Simmiller Yeah exactly, I meant the DST Images (couldn't think of the name, sorry). I checked the XML of the Career Track Tuning and the images are listed there correctly. So that doesn't seem to be the issue :/. But thank you anyways!!
  • ghostlyroarghostlyroar Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there btw (I'm a little late I guess) any way to add custom pop-ups? Like the ones already in game where you can either lose job-performance or gain some? :)
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Is the server down? I can't edit my careers and they do not download properly.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Is the server down? I can't edit my careers and they do not download properly.

Just in case you hadn't rechecked, it's back up now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Just in case you hadn't rechecked, it's back up now.

Is the career creator updated for the latest update?
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Just in case you hadn't rechecked, it's back up now.

Is the career creator updated for the latest update?

It hasn't been updated for a while to my knowledge.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Shani92Shani92 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there any chance of getting the Snowy Escape skills added (Skiing/Snowboarding/Rock climbing)?
  • rynamo_modsrynamo_mods Posts: 1 New Member
    hi all, new user and new modder here. the tool looks great and i've got python working but s4pe isn't available for mac and for various reasons it is unfeasible for me to get windows programs running on my computer. how much do i need it to create things with the create a career tool?
    CREATE-A-CAREER TUTORIAL -- NEW LOCATION
    hi all, new user and new modder here. the tool looks great and i've got python working but s4pe isn't available for mac and for various reasons it is unfeasible for me to get windows programs running on my computer. how much do i need it to create things with the create a career tool?
    You can use Sims4Studio for MAC and edit the STBL files. I don't have a MAC, so I'm not sure how to do it, but it will be time consuming.

• Nazir1133Nazir1133 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I don't know if the topic has already been discussed ..... I have such a problem - I wanted to create a career related to the "land of magic" package but unfortunately in the career wizard I did not find the skills to create a career for wizards ....
  • Rocker02080Rocker02080 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm new to the idea of creating my own careers and I managed to get everything but one thing right. Seems I have no titles or text visible in game. I'm unsure how to fix this and would love to adjust it as it all seems to function normally. It may have already been asked here but I'm unsure where to look. Thank you for the wonderful tools to let us bring Sims into cool new stories!
  • lunar_s0ulslunar_s0uls Posts: 4 New Member
    hey, is it possible to update other peoples careers? I want to use the mods of a youtuber who stopped playing ts4 and therefore never updated them. I was able to fix the traits myself but also want to fix the career
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > It hasn't been updated for a while to my knowledge.

I check back today and it says updated to werewolves 1.89 Now the update is 1.90 :neutral: and reports that many mods were broken by this last update
    edited July 2022
    > @luthienrising said:
    > It hasn't been updated for a while to my knowledge.

I check back today and it says updated to werewolves 1.89 Now the update is 1.90 :neutral: and reports that many mods were broken by this last update

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for a 1.90 update now! Indeed, a lot of careers were broken by this update, because of the new high school career structure.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Better Exceptions is listing all of my script files as corrupt after exporting them with the werewolves patch. Is this happening to anyone else with careers made with neias Create-a-career tool?
  • ArtaenArtaen Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I try to create my new career. But unfortunately, some objectives to get a promotion are "blank"... It's appear some stings are missing... and all languages except English have "blank" texts. I search everywhere... Can I've some help? :/
    PS: My game is in French.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top