Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Hello all,

I've made a web-based tool to help modders in the creation of custom careers, it's available at http://www.simneia.fr

Here are the main features so far :
- Create rabbit hole careers
- Add tracks, upload icon and picture
- Add levels and customize the required mood, schedule, salary, objectives, performance and PTO
- Add translation of texts
- Export the ressources in a zip file, ready to be packaged or compiled
- Get updated versions when a new patch requires it

Some other tools are required to finish the mod :
- A packaging tool like S4PE to create the .package
- Python for the PTO interaction
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    Do I need to know anything about modding to volunteer? Because I'd be willing to try your program, but I have zero modding knowledge and experience (sadly Y^Y)
  • 6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    Hey if you want another volunteer I'd love to help out with this, I've been looking for a way to make a career mod myself.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @DarkFoxGirl13
    Modding, not necessarly, but general computer knowledge, yes. Basically you'd need to install S4PE, drag&drop the ressources in it and save the package, install Python 3.3, run a command line, and zip the whole thing.
  • itsmetroiitsmetroi Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm willing to test
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Great idea Neia, I'm bookmarking this. Sadly won't be of much help otherwise, but I'm hoping many fun DIY-careers come out of it :D
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Neia I'm lovin your education, military, and biology Careers !!! Are there more coming ? Do you take request?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Great idea Neia, I'm bookmarking this. Sadly won't be of much help otherwise, but I'm hoping many fun DIY-careers come out of it :D

Thanks ! That's what I hope too :)
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Neia I'm lovin your education, military, and biology Careers !!! Are there more coming ? Do you take request?

I have some other careers I'm working on, not sure which one I'll release next.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I'd love to help out and test!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Me tooo!! Im excited to see what's next
  • EnboEnbo Posts: 1 New Member
    Me too PLS Im looking so long for a Create a career tool (IM FROM GERMANY SRRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)
  • kmramsey22kmramsey22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I'd be happy to help. I've been unsuccessfully trying to create my own careers for a while, so I would be really happy to help you get this off the ground!
  • speedyclintspeedyclint Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey. This would be great. Id like to help.
  • BroBastii1BroBastii1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to test your Create A Career. I have too many ideas :wink:
    Greetings, Basti
  • Arriannarere15Arriannarere15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to test if you are still looking for volunteer help, I have a bit of computer knowledge and am willing to learn more!
  • EWarren19061EWarren19061 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to try it! Can I?
  • splintersdaughtersplintersdaughter Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Neia! I've been looking for this for so long! A really cool girl from The Black Simmer sent me the link to message you. Do you think I can be part of it? I wanted to create careers since forever! I understand a little of programming and I can translate it to Spanish, Portuguese and English. Thank you so much
  • Shy_shylah010Shy_shylah010 Posts: 2 New Member
    i would love to try out this website
  • edwardianededwardianed Posts: 49 Member
    There are not sufficient words in the English language to express how interested I am in this, I would love to be an alpha, beta, gamma and delta tester :smile:
  • Yourdorkbrains_101Yourdorkbrains_101 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I would love to test! I want to try and get into careers! :D
  • KarsusKarsus Posts: 1 New Member
    I am very interested as I've wanted to create careers of my own for some time. I already even tried to hijack some of your mods to see how I can tweak them to get the result I want, but I haven't been very succesful.
  • Johnnie21Johnnie21 Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG, please tell me this is still a thing? I would LOVE to try my hand and test the hell out of this - I've been admiring your work for so long :D!
  • DeviacDeviac Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there! I'd love to give this a go! Is it still a thing?
  • SwiftPandaSwiftPanda Posts: 3 New Member
    If your still testing can you send it to me ill test it out for you. Thanks for reading this
  • Harrington5Harrington5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I wasn't sure if you're still looking for people to test your sight, but if you are, I would LOVE to try it. Either way, thanks for reading!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @Neia, are you still developing this?
    wJbomAo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top