Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spawning to WHAT end..?

I have had a personal issue since having Vampire sims spawning 2-4 at a time. I now and then every few sim days check the Manage Worlds to see what new sims have spawned as they seem to regularly and between 2-5 do and 2-4 of them are all vampires... I have so many vamps placed or sims turned as is... Every no and then I keep one of the computer's created vampires but constantly more spawn, few to NO normal sims ever seem to spawn. Actually is a 1 in 20 chance right now it would seem.... To what end does the Game intend to spawn vampires? How many of its own creations does it need to have before it finally STOPS spawning more occults? I love occults but all things in moderation and don't really want more than maybe 10 (if that) vampires in my game at any given point... It's frustrating having to delete vampire batch after vampire batch...

... And no option to STOP the game from spawning it's own occults constantly... To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I have had a personal issue since having Vampire sims spawning 2-4 at a time. I now and then every few sim days check the Manage Worlds to see what new sims have spawned as they seem to regularly and between 2-5 do and 2-4 of them are all vampires... I have so many vamps placed or sims turned as is... Every no and then I keep one of the computer's created vampires but constantly more spawn, few to NO normal sims ever seem to spawn. Actually is a 1 in 20 chance right now it would seem.... To what end does the Game intend to spawn vampires? How many of its own creations does it need to have before it finally STOPS spawning more occults? I love occults but all things in moderation and don't really want more than maybe 10 (if that) vampires in my game at any given point... It's frustrating having to delete vampire batch after vampire batch...

... And no option to STOP the game from spawning it's own occults constantly... To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

I can't really answer your questions, but I can say that if you aren't opposed to using mods, MC Command Center offers several ways of tailoring your population more to your liking. Including ways to Humanize, Alienize, or Vampirize sims.

Interested? https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Check out the Occult and Population modules, either or both might be helpful. (Each module has its own page under the Documentation tab.)

• Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member

Wish I had that problem. ;)

ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Are these 5 additional vampires or 5 that replace 5 you've deleted?

The game will obsessively provide you with 5-8 vampires. It does this because when the game desires to spawn sims that fill certain roles, it may desire to create a new sim to fill that role. Vampires are indeed a role of their own, so the game "needs" a vampire pool to draw from. Don't bother deleting these, as the game will obsessively replace them.

Now, if you have 10+ vampires and it keeps giving you 5-8 more, then yeah that's a bit odd. I would leave them be for a while and see the "limit" where they stop being spawned. My games tended to have a limit of ~8 vampire NPCs before the game stopped making new ones. If you can get well over that, it may be a bug and may be worth reporting.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @DeservedCriticism Well, when it spawns two sims it's ALL vampires, when it spawns 4 generally ALL Vampires, sometimes it's 5 and usually one of them is a normal sim. I didn't go into detail cause it's such a long winded explanation IMO. So, I tried to simplify it lol.
    Given what you said and the fact that usually 1 or 2 of them are ELDER vampire sims, MCC seems almost like something to consider, don't want no elder sims (that is) who wont just die!

Btw thank you @DeservedCriticism & @egwarhammer for your thoughtful and helpful comments/ replies, they are/ were much appreciated!

Just ONE more question, @DeservedCriticism if you are willing,
    I have left 2-3 game spawned vamps, but edited them and moved one or both into home as they are being spawned 'not in world'; is/ does this affect the game's way of thinking? Will/ does it count toward it's vampire pool count?
    If not, I think I might delete them, cause otherwise they are just an unneeded/ unwanted over population of vampires.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Your game shouldn't be spawning anyone that often, unless you are often deleting Sims not in world. Are you? The game culls Sims (vampires first) who don't live in the world every Sunday in the game. It also generates more not in world townies everytime you go thru a loading screen. If you are building a lot of stores in your game and getting a lot of new jobs then the game has to spawn new Sims to fill those jobs. I still only have the three from the pack, and a few I converted (bit) and that's it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar Actually, the spawned Vampires are all 'Not In World' sims, so yes... I just want my world to have limited vampires. Those spawned vampires look as bad as the townies as far as outfits go and bothers me to think a severely, badly dressed vampire might bite my sims! (Editing sims to my 'own liking' with just doing one sim can take up to a half hour... Usually play for maybe 2 hrs..) Or to think my game will have close to 50% of my townies vampires...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    @Cinebar Actually, the spawned Vampires are all 'Not In World' sims, so yes... I just want my world to have limited vampires. Those spawned vampires look as bad as the townies as far as outfits go and bothers me to think a severely, badly dressed vampire might bite my sims! (Editing sims to my 'own liking' with just doing one sim can take up to a half hour... Usually play for maybe 2 hrs..) Or to think my game will have close to 50% of my townies vampires...

@SimGuruNinja has explained the game won't overly generate vampires, do you have mods or cc? Sorry, I read this the other day and didn't reread it this morning to find out if you have mods or not. The game isn't going to over populate your game with vampires there must be something you are doing to trigger so many.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

@SimGuruNinja has explained the game won't overly generate vampires, do you have mods or cc? Sorry, I read this the other day and didn't reread it this morning to find out if you have mods or not. The game isn't going to over populate your game with vampires there must be something you are doing to trigger so many.

No MODs nor CC EVER. I did start playing a sim who is living in that Forgotten Hallow, where I noticed IF I place a sim(s) there to live the game spawns Vampires regularly, I noticed cause each time I'd see a sim around I'd look to see if I could have my sim bit them...
    Maybe the Forgotten Hallow in my game is somehow has a glitch? Only in my game where I started with a placed house there does this happen or, even though that house isn't even being played nor marked as 'played' the game still feels need to spawn those Vampires...?
    I detest the idea MODs ('Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong') and CC I find to ruin the game from back when I played Sims 3, and used some once...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey, my vampire moved out of FH, and I usually play more in WB though my Sims do travel to the other worlds. Maybe it is FH that makes the game spawn more vamps (?), because honestly, I only have the four or five I mentioned and two of those I turned. (and don't play those two but left them in the homeless realm).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hey, my vampire moved out of FH, and I usually play more in WB though my Sims do travel to the other worlds. Maybe it is FH that makes the game spawn more vamps (?), because honestly, I only have the four or five I mentioned and two of those I turned. (and don't play those two but left them in the homeless realm).

That's what I am thinking. I have a second game, a generational one, I did not play at all in Forgotten Hallow and no vampires are being spammed in 'Not In World'... Only have the given 3 vampires, the 6 Maxiscreator_1 vampires I added to the world and 3 or so Pre-made sims I had a vampire of mine turn. Can't help but wonder if we are two of a minority of simmers who have this THING (glitch or whatever it is) or if it's has effect on ALL games just not everyone is or has played in Forgotten Hallow...

@VenusABatson Do you play in Forgotten Hallow? If not, try moving there and see if over a period of two sim days or so if you see NPC Not In World Vampire sims in your game spawning... Will be two or more at a time. Or just two... Seems, from what I am seeing, if you delete even one two- four will take it's/ their place... Or it's something that's only going on in SOME games...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have MCCC installed in my game. I set one of the Config file parameters to not allow Vampires and Aliens to spawn. Haven't got any that I haven't created myself.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I usually see a lot more elderly vampires being spawned in FH then younger ones and the elders are always the ones trying to break in. I typically either command them to leave or use MCCC to send them off the lot that's if I'm not in a devious mood of course. >;)
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios