Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About Vampires possibly used in.. Legacy?

I just today got both that new exercise pack and the Vampire one and started thinking... Has anyone played Legacy with vampires..? If so, since we're talking playing a generational game and vampires live forever plus the rule you can't move out heir parents, grand parents... ect. Or is it best to not even try as I am guessing it's an impossible situation unless you care so very little for your sim you'd starve your vamp to death...
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I've heard/some people cap it at like 8 since the limit, or download the mods for extended household. Another possibility is just let them roast a little when the time comes...?
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @BlueR0se Am I the only one who wishes Vampires could have non-vampire off-spring by some kind of percentage chance or a LOT trait? :lol: I wont use mods, so I guess I'd have to roast them... Thanks
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    You can always change rules for challenges to fit your play style,especially legacies :) I would say maybe once the next heir is a YA you move the previous generation out? Or keep like your founder in the house until generation 3 then only keep two generations in the house at once if that makes sense.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    @KayxxFanpire That might work! Vampires really create play questions... Also, outside of legacies IDK how to keep interest in playing a vamp but in legacies more so lol...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, immortals have existed in previous games, so maybe you can look at the legacy challenge rules of The Sims 2 or 3 for ideas.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Here's what I found on the legacy challenge website on vampires. Nothing from The Sims 2, it seems.
    http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/tag/vampires/
    http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-vampires-beginning-vampire-legacy/
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    If household gets too crowded, feel free to send a vampire outside during the day. Thirst won't kill them, it's the sun that kills them.
  • Options
    Thanks @icmnfrsh & @EgonVM . Strange that thirst can't kill them this time around though, accidently caused a vamp in Sims 3 to starve to death cause I kept her talking so long and didn't know her thirst was down... :lol: Felt bad though
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    I have to say though, I am/was surprised I can't take a premade sim and just switch them from a regular sim to vampire; actually have to get them turned. It's in it's own way refreshing :smiley:
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Thinking of having a generational sim get turned or hooking up with a vampire...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was pondering a story line where a young couple with a boy, are attacked and the dad is thought dead (he really is becoming a vampire and is buried because they think he is dead). The vampire dad stays hidden and watches as his son grows up and marries and has kids of his own. And he watches them die as their children grow and marry.

One day, the vampires great-great-great grand daughter discovers his sleeping place and finds him. He tells her who he is and they become friends. He watches as she grows up and when she becomes deathly ill, he turns her (which is what she has begged him to do since they met) and they watch the family grow together.

I haven't done it yet because I enjoy building more than playing and a legacy story takes more commitment than I may have to give.
  • Options
    Here's a noob question about the vamp pack.. Do vampires auto spawn or is there just the original 3 plus whatever vampires you add/ create by getting sims turned...?
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Here's a noob question about the vamp pack.. Do vampires auto spawn or is there just the original 3 plus whatever vampires you add/ create by getting sims turned...?

yes, they spawn on their own, but i think it was toned down recently because i hardly see any.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Without mods?
    Spawn new generated vampires (living out of world) only at Forgotten Hollow and lot with Vampire Nexus lot trait

Also with no mods, vampires (even the 3 original) no convert normal sims into vampires automously
  • Options

yes, they spawn on their own, but i think it was toned down recently because i hardly see any.

I was really hoping the answer was 'no' cause I noticed unlike Sims 3, there is no option to shut the auto spawning of a given game occult off :disappointed:
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »

Without mods?
    Spawn new generated vampires (living out of world) only at Forgotten Hollow and lot with Vampire Nexus lot trait

Also with no mods, vampires (even the 3 original) no convert normal sims into vampires automously

So they only spawn in Forgotten hollow when in the world? Good lol. Maybe that means not too many will be in the game at any given point as they wont die easy on their own... I'm really going to miss the occult auto-spawn shut off switch of Sims 3-- I can so totally tell!

JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    V2dC63q.jpg
    The reason I got the vamp pack... Would like to have her in my generation but don't want to start over and don't want to just change rules to suit my own wants/ desires... A sim I made LONG ago I felt in the face area with her hair had such a great look for a vampire... Had to wait for her to finally turn.. lol...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    You can bend the rules? I don't know either how to play this classic legacy with vampires, but here is what I've tried so far: to have vampire founders with adopted kids, like a classic legacy with some twists. The house is safe at day, but at night the vamps are out and they feed on the family (because this whole adoption story was just a cover up for them, they do charity and fancy dinners too to make society look the other way). Every sim that gives the "specially delicious plasma" moodlet to my vampires must be sacrificed because you know, tasty plasma must make a vampire lose control eventually, right. That one was fun, I got to gen 5 in this save.

When I play with vampires only, I move the spares out when they reach some level in vampiric rank. You can make some rule to compensate.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Kilov17 - there are some legacy challenges that are specific to vampires such as Vampy Legacy. I think the rules around that one is that once the heir is YA, they take over. It gives you the option to be as sinister as you want to the Founder. I haven't tried the original Legacy challenge yet with Vampires. But the Vampy Legacy is fun.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I recently started a werewolf legacy, not the legacy challenge, but legacy-like gameplay. Technically the founder is a vampire, just with a wolfish looking dark form. Anyway, for the legacy I changed vampires from undead to cursed. Thus they age naturally. I use my wife's age as benchmark. If she ages up, my founder does, too. And if she dies, he'll die a little later (or sooner).
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @BlueR0se Am I the only one who wishes Vampires could have non-vampire off-spring by some kind of percentage chance or a LOT trait? :lol: I wont use mods, so I guess I'd have to roast them... Thanks

I thought vampires could have non-vampire offspring (think there's about a 50% chance either way), if the other parent is a human sim.
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I use Creat A Random Sim to randomize my sims' traits and aspiration. In my family, three of my sims happened to get all three of the vampire aspirations.

I handled this by completing the aspirations and then curing them before having them start the next generation.

Really miss using that bat form for collecting, though.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If your vampire marries a regular Sim, there's a chance the offspring won't be vampires. My vampire founder had 2 regular children and 1 vampire.