Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just REALLY want to know-- if someone can/ is willing to tell me... Please.

Sorry, but looked up this to see if it has already been a topic, it has-- but in the Mods and such area, and the topic the poster asked is the ONLY question people are answering but I have 2 questions of my own regarding the whole Hook Up With feature... and here it is...

... I've been using it some and...
I have TWO questions..

1.) Is there some kind of randomness to if it works or not? I tried to pair a sim with Clumsy, loner, Goofball with several different sims even tried Nina Caliente and first five or so all fails... Is it based on something..? Relationship bar of the two or traits or simply some kind of percentage chance..?

2.) After using this feature and messing with other homes, I can't help but notice the 'connection' made between two non-played sims will cease to exist upon switching homes as if it never existed... What good does the feature do..? Will they over time end up with a child.. Or something..? Or is this just a feature to use with no real results?
Seems like you're really not doing anything unless one of the two (or more) sims you are trying to hook up is a sim you are playing but what would be the point to hooking up your sim that way when you can easily in seconds get it via romantic actions..?
I find it a real head scratcher..
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited June 2017
    If you're talking about the hook up feature from Get Together, then I think it just gives a small relationship boost for the 2 sims. It is somewhat random as well. They won't end up with a child.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    Can't answer the first question, as for the second, in my experience the sims you hook up become boyfriend and girlfriend or what have you.
    the relationship holds when I switch households (at least for me)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Thank you both for your replies and shedding some light on this.
    But my over all assumption is as far as the question of if there is a point to it seem to me to be 'no' lol.

@CyrusTheLoser I wish I had YOUR luck... Doesn't hold in mine... Though, it might be that it takes a period of Sim Days for the 'relationship' to officially stick or something....

@DeKay Random? So the game was just hating on that one sim I was trying to get hooked up? Also it being random kind of sucks I thought that fifth or sixth sim I tried to hook him up with was successful due to there being some connection with traits or something lol.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Thank you both for your replies and shedding some light on this.
    But my over all assumption is as far as the question of if there is a point to it seem to me to be 'no' lol.

CyrusTheLoser I wish I had YOUR luck... Doesn't hold in mine... Though, it might be that it takes a period of Sim Days for the 'relationship' to officially stick or something....

DeKay Random? So the game was just hating on that one sim I was trying to get hooked up? Also it being random kind of plum I thought that fifth or sixth sim I tried to hook him up with was successful due to there being some connection with traits or something lol.

I don't know why you're having such bad luck with that sim. :D I've never had that big of a problem but maybe it's just your sim's fate. :D Did the sim you hooked up with another texted your sim to say that they liked them or something? Maybe it could be a bug if nothing is happening. All I know is that your sim should get a text to tell them how it went.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @DeKay Fate or FACE lol

D07k8LC.jpg

Oh, both sims where in the room each time I tried it so I could see what happens and he got shot down by four or five sims.. I like to watch! They hand the other sim a rose and it either gets accepted or rejected... Then you get a text about how it went... Also once tried to hook up Nina wiyh a sim and just from the interaction I got a message popping up where Nina asked me something like if I was joking and walks off in that Angry mood fashion... I don't know what was up with that lol.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    definition of dork by merriam-webster
    Dork-
    Slang. a silly, out-of-touch person who tends to look odd or behave ridiculously around others; a social misfit: If you make me wear that, I’ll look like a total dork!

Oops, wrong post.
    Sorry
    This in no way is referring to the picture of the Sim in your game above this comment.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    Stormsview wrote: »
    definition of dork by merriam-webster
    Dork-
    Slang. a silly, out-of-touch person who tends to look odd or behave ridiculously around others; a social misfit: If you make me wear that, I’ll look like a total dork!

Oops, wrong post.
    Sorry
    This in no way is referring to the picture of the Sim in your game above this comment.

Fry.jpg
    832XG3D.gif