Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Congrats to team laundry! Not my first choice, but not my last choice either. Hopefully it'll be a fun addition to the Sims!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    can we please make laundry meaningful and not just an animation like the sims 3 . It was great and all but I need a reason for my sims to do laundry, like they have nothing to wear or there cloths get smelly and dirty. PLEASE can we have a washer and dryer with coin inserts so I can make a laundry mat for my sims that cant afford the machines.

See, this would make me buy the pack. Laundry wasn't my first choice because it had no point. Give it a point, and I'd feel less cheated out of something that had more potential.

See, this is why I think laundry should have been in a game pack. Because then they could take a look at updating the clothing system to make it more realistic too. I have no desire to pay $10 for a moodlet.[/quote]

That is exactly my problem with this. We're buying tense and happy moodlets. With it In a stuff pack, the team has to do less work, but they're still getting $10 bucks per purchase of something that will probably be only slightly better than cc.
    [/quote]

Yeah. That's the thing. And you have no idea how much I would like for my clothing retail shops to have a purpose, and now I feel like they won't lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60rPgwY1Gw

Ok, if I can set them on fire I might be game.

Or put a brick in them have you guys ever seen what happens when you put a brick in a washing machine >:):D

I'll wait until Cats and Dogs comes out and put a cat in the dryer on my YouTube let's play just to trigger the Vegans.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

I've had that feeling with both laundry and canning. At least I have one thing crossed off my wishlist now. (And toddlers were something I didn't know I needed until I saw how amazing they made them!)
    Yeah there were so many amazing ideas shared. I could see canning being made with a season pack maybe or a farm pack. I hope you get it someday and I know. They are my favorite toddlers in all the iterations now. I just wonder if a clothes line will be included too?

They had it listed as one of the items, along with washtubs where you have to wash by hand (the "Eco" version). I'm actually hoping they keep everything listed in the SP. I have a lot of poor/homeless families that would wash by hand, and the rest of my families would use machines.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.

Lol I love that vid
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Meh I'm doing laundry in the real world why would I want to do it in the game? Sorry guys for being negative this is something I'm not buying.

I did like Off the Grid however the people who voted for laundry will buy it right?... "......." Anyhow voting is done.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy you're laundry.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Awesome Laundry won!!! I also see people throwing shade and drinking bitter very bitter tea. I'm in the cool shade drinking the oh so good sweet ice tea. Cheers stay bitter my friends :p

People can be dissapointed. That's how the process works. Even if you voted for laundry, it's very easy to see that there was bias involved.

This whole process was designed for Laundry to win. The majority voted for the them Eco Living, the description intentionally mentioned laundry and domestic responsibilities while throwing in a couple of references for eco living. The other four themes divided the vote up and the people that wanted laundry plus the people that voted for eco living options gave that theme the majority. Next vote was the concept art. It was obvious from the beginning that both rooms were laundry rooms. I believe that Style B was also designed to win, because while some players may like the modern look of style A, Style B contained obvious visual reinforcements of laundry (all the laundry clutter that Style A had none of).
    Then the next vote was for objects and clothing. I don't really think the style of clothing was as important in representing laundry as the objects. Several of those objects again were directly laundry room items and clutter, thus subconsciously reinforcing laundry.

When it came time for this vote, Laundry against other highly requested items on the brainstorm list. I do believe that nectar and canning and off the grid were enough to divide up the votes in order for laundry to win, not just from the people that wanted laundry, but also by default with other simmers. I think that some might have picked laundry because they were interested enough in the other options or felt that a stuff pack may not do them justice.

I just wanted to say that I don't that that Graham or his team altered the data, I just think that maybe unintentionally this voting process was biased.

To the people that wanted laundry congratulations on getting what you wanted and I hope that it is everything you want it to be.

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Yes absolutely sunny on here isn't it now that laundry's won :|
    I take it by your blank face emoticon that you don't feel the same way about it?

Oh there are people on here throwing shade as on person said, I think there is just as many miffed and dissapointed people as there would have been with laundry losing. At least I have seen some posts that have a less than lovely atmosphere to them.
    Ah. Well I meant more in the long-term. I don't think disappointment was going to be something that would be realistically avoided with any result. But the persistent level of desire for any other theme is probably not going to be pushed by zealous patrons in quite the same way. So I'm glad the most passionately desired theme got its chance to shine out in the hot sun, while a washing machine hums inside... or something. I'm not sure if I'm writing serious commentary or merging into a fiction story at this point.

He said, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his forehead. His head had been hurting for a while now and the pain reliever wasn't helping. He knew he needed to take a break from the angrily bright monitor, but he wanted one more click. One more page. Just one more.

She laughed out loud at the sudden change in perspective, and contemplated how best to reply

I think your probably right there, the forums will probably be better in the long run. I hope your head feels better *virtual hug* we all suffer from some forum addiction I fear :D

She typed.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yes absolutely sunny on here isn't it now that laundry's won :|
    I take it by your blank face emoticon that you don't feel the same way about it?

Oh there are people on here throwing shade as on person said, I think there is just as many miffed and dissapointed people as there would have been with laundry losing. At least I have seen some posts that have a less than lovely atmosphere to them.
    Ah. Well I meant more in the long-term. I don't think disappointment was going to be something that would be realistically avoided with any result. But the persistent level of desire for any other theme is probably not going to be pushed by zealous patrons in quite the same way. So I'm glad the most passionately desired theme got its chance to shine out in the hot sun, while a washing machine hums inside... or something. I'm not sure if I'm writing serious commentary or merging into a fiction story at this point.

He said, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his forehead. His head had been hurting for a while now and the pain reliever wasn't helping. He knew he needed to take a break from the angrily bright monitor, but he wanted one more click. One more page. Just one more.

She laughed out loud at the sudden change in perspective, and contemplated how best to reply

I think your probably right there, the forums will probably be better in the long run. I hope your head feels better *virtual hug* we all suffer from some forum addiction I fear :D

She typed.
    Haha. :lol: Thanks. *hug*

It would seem we do... ah well, better than some kinds of addiction, I spose. :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.

Or put a brick in them have you guys ever seen what happens when you put a brick in a washing machine >:):D
    Yeah the video showed them throwing a brick in it. :) That reminds me too much dishwashing soap is really funny to watch with dishwasher machines. Same with washing machines when too much detergent is used.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

I'll wait until Cats and Dogs comes out and put a cat in the dryer on my YouTube let's play just to trigger the Vegans.

Wait wait, you realize my profile pic is a cat right? your telling the cat lady profile you want to throw a cat in a dryer!? What do you plan to do to my kitty!! *shakes you angrily* Don't you touch my kitties! :D
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    *sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.

Before the vote I thought "I'll get it no matter what, even if laundry wins"
    But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free.

Yeah. They're pulling it out of whatever pack they were thinking of adding it to so they can get $10 for it. Little do they know that the 500 or so members of #teamLaundry were voting repeatedly for the last 72 hours.

You could vote multiple times. All you had to do was log on a different device or maybe just wait. I didn't but wanted to see if it was possible, and sure enough...
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yes! I hope there's a coin operated option for people who wants to create laundromats as a new business and venue.
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @Triplis said:
    It would seem we do... ah well, better than some kinds of addiction, I spose. :tongue:

I don't know I think drugs would be cheaper than buying all the sims games
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Well I'm happy with the result. I wanted laundry back. Though I also liked Off the Grid, so I wouldn't have minded if that won. It'd be great if the other options got another chance to be made in the future.

Some very salty people around the forums currently, although I think that was gonna happen no matter what the result.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png

Wait wait, you realize my profile pic is a cat right? your telling the cat lady profile you want to throw a cat in a dryer!? What do you plan to do to my kitty!! *shakes you angrily* Don't you touch my kitties! :D

Aaaaaahahahahahahaha I honestly didn't clue in on that until just now. FINE DOGS. I KNOW CAT LADIES HATE DOGS!
    This is where I would make an inappropriate joke about how I actually really like the other word for cats but cant on a forum that might have kids on it hahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • 00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member

You've been keeping it so kind and classy amidst all this bitter tea, @Scobre. Just when I thought you couldn't be any more awesome, you go and bring dryer murder into the thread.

Why do I have the feeling that after I share that video with my little one tomorrow, she's going to have us watching it again and again and again? :smiley:

SnaveXs wrote: »
    Yes! I hope there's a coin operated option for people who wants to create laundromats as a new business and venue.

THAT would be nice but I somehow get the feeling the closest you'll get to that is selling washing machines lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    While Laundry wasn't my first choice, I'm happy for the people who voted for it. Congrats! :) I think this shows that they do listen to what we want. If people hadn't been so vocal about it, it probably wouldn't have happened. I would've rather had Food Preserves or Off The Grid, but I think all of the ideas could be fun.

I think it was SimGuru Graham who said that all the features they gave us to vote on were not currently being considered for future packs, so I'm not sure if the losing ideas will ever make it into another pack, but I do think both Food Preserves and Off The Grid would be excellent additions to a "Farm" Pack, either game pack or expansion pack. I would rather they both have more in depth game play than a stuff pack could offer.

Thank you for giving this opportunity to participate. It's been so much fun and educational.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

Aaaaaahahahahahahaha I honestly didn't clue in on that until just now. FINE DOGS. I KNOW CAT LADIES HATE DOGS!
    This is where I would make an inappropriate joke about how I actually really like the other word for cats but cant on a forum that might have kids on it hahahahaha

I'm a cat lady and I like dogs.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Well that was a huge waste of time, I wish they would have use that time to fix the bugs and glitches we have in game.
    gCQKjq4.png
    I made my first ever petition.
    Please sign if you want the other three options made in to a game pack and refuse to let them be forgotten about!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature/p1?new=1
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

I'm a cat lady and I like dogs.

I was joking.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Truly shocking outcome.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    00Nur wrote: »

You've been keeping it so kind and classy amidst all this bitter tea, @Scobre. Just when I thought you couldn't be any more awesome, you go and bring dryer murder into the thread.

Why do I have the feeling that after I share that video with my little one tomorrow, she's going to have us watching it again and again and again? :smiley:
    Thanks, I try although I'm not always a saint myself. Oh yeah, of course. I've been a deviant Simmer since the first Sims games. I hope you do. Honestly if anyone is to be salty against laundry it would be me since that is how I fell down the stairs was by doing laundry and been having chronic health problems ever since because of that. So having a way to murder the washer, would have some redeeming qualities to it for me personally. I want to virtually kill the thing that caused me to have to use a wheelchair and crutches sometimes. That would truly make me happy @SimGuruGraham. The pyro Simmer part of me just wants to set it on fire too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top