Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STARRING ROLE: BRIDGEPORT'S FINEST / *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
17014543305_20e9b6d8ea_o.png
Starring Role, Bridgeport’s leading talent agency, are looking for new actors for their books. Do you have what it takes to captivate the audience with your presence, acting ability and distinctive look?

Starring Role: Bridgeport's Finest will involve a variety of challenges and assignments, all of which revolve around the progression of your actor from small-time star to Bridgeport Walk of Fame honouree! Each week you will be presented with possible scripts based on a specific theme (aka a few real life examples to inspire you). You can choose how your actor wishes to pursue and design a picture around that pitch or brief. One week may be Horror scripts, one week Rom-Com, one week superhero and one week Soap Opera. In between assignments there will be surprise challenges: a red carpet look (Fashion Police style), an interview, a cameo. Who knows when the next PR opportunity will knock to give your assignment a boost?

You know what they say: if you can make it in Bridgeport, you can make it anywhere…

16394453963_217148a291_o.png
- No negative comments towards other people’s work -
- Editing is allowed but not a requirement -
- CC and Pose Player are allowed but not a requirement -
- No photo-skinning or face plastering -
- Male and female models, teen-YA -
- Ten day assignments -
- I am flexible with extensions and each will last two days -
- This is an elimination competition.
- This is a beginner friendly competition -
- Be original, be creative and have fun! -

16807203717_b0cd88a0bc_o.png
Creativity: /20 - How original was your actor’s interpretation of the script? Did they bring a unique twist to the character? Is the photograph 'outside of the box'? Is there a real story unfolding in your picture?
Response: /10 - How well does the produced photograph respond to the brief? Do they exemplify the character and vibe, or is it lost in translation?
Quality: /5 - How crisp is the image? This isn’t based on PC specs, but more how you’ve handled the image.
Overall Image: /15 - How well does the image come together? Is it cohesive, working towards an end goal? Do all the elements work together?
Total: /50

16827007938_b856c50a8b_o.png
1st Place
Custom Signature
Cover Girl/Boy of next cycle.*
2nd Place
Custom Signature
3rd Place
Custom Signature

*With your permission and permitting there is another cycle.

17014675245_6bb13dc32a_o.png
Myself/Simon St.Clare
Jake/Ioanna
Mizzie/Melina Ross
(Headshots to be added)
c0Ixg8O.png
Post edited by JoeJoe11 on

Comments

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2017
    16988697406_bb3b8996c5_o.png

35531219922_37be0746ac_o.png

Models:
    35313674100_6b3127d4f2_m.jpg35701053585_54855d8800_m.jpg35701055945_ccc5b9a605_m.jpg35570202891_dde56f18eb_m.jpg

Checked in:

Assignment:
    c0Ixg8O.png
    edited September 2017
    16392301494_03fddddd70_o.png
    A4: Finale
    Due 30/09/17

RE: Well done!! (SimonStClaire@StarringRole.com)
    So you've heard, obviously. An Emmy nomination for best guest actor! Who'd have thought it?! I'm so proud.

As you can imagine, the offers have been pouring in with people wanting to cast you! Our next move is so important - so I've lined up two films for you to shoot over the summer and autumn. The first is a big superhero blockbuster -- the bosses love you and think you have exactly what it takes to inhabit one of their iconic properties -- and the other is a lower budget biopic from an Oscar winning director. Hey, you might even get an Oscar of your own!

I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to attend both premieres at the end of the year.

Until then, I'll see you on the Emmy red carpet.

Break a leg,
    Simon St. Claire

*Attached to the email are several scripts (aka your wonderful imaginations!)

Brief:
    - Three pictures all lined up (so one big image, separated into three even sections -- any order you wish and divided with thin black borders -- let me know if you need an example
    - One picture: superhero blockbuster, so post an image of you as a real life superhero character -- Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Batman, Superman etc -- basically anyone from the Marvel/DC universe
    - Second picture: Biopic -- any historical or contemporary figure -- think recent films like My Week with Marilyn, The Iron Lady or Jackie. Can be any period. Try and make the person not too obscure hopefully! But obviously you can say who you are in title/description to help us out.
    - Third picture: Doesn't need to be massively edited, as this will be the least judged picture. A shot of your actor on the red carpet for the Emmys (can be just a red carpet, doesn't need to say Emmy or anything - either an in-game or a real life background, up to you!) Get your gladrags on.
    - Can post a link to each of the photos individually for better quality too for judging

Let me know if you require further clarification, either in this thread or via PM.

--

Vid and Demetrio Cruz with...

36448268334_72969eb44f_o.png
    -Superhero Blockbuster
    Superman Rises: Savior of Justice
    36448264074_316f6df356_o.png
    Full size -Plz click for full quality
    Batman is dead and the Justice League is nowhere to be found. Superman awakens from a kryptonite induced coma to find the streets of Gotham City and his beloved Metropolis a crime infested apocalypse. Can the man of steel save humanity before it's too late?

-Biopic
    Gotta have Faith: The George Michael Story
    36448261654_83ff38981a_o.png
    Full Size
    Documenting his rise dealing with his first solo album to his fall and untimely death.

-Red Carpet

Movotti and Gimmie Cash with...

tumblr_owrgwuq1Hk1v2n804o1_1280.png
    tumblr_owrgwuq1Hk1v2n804o2_1280.png
    Gimmie Cash as Rogue, in the latest Marvel movie.
    This is the climactic point in the movie, when she falls from the tower.

tumblr_owrgwuq1Hk1v2n804o4_540.png
    Gimmie Cash as Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale in Grey Gardens, the story of two reclusive, formerly upper class women, a mother and daughter both named Edith Beale, who lived in poverty at Grey Gardens, a derelict mansion at 3 West End Road in the wealthy Georgica Pond neighborhood of East Hampton, New York. Little Edie was the first cousin, of former US First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. She lived with her mother at the Grey Gardens estate for decades with limited funds in increasing squalor and isolation.
    The story has been retold several times, as a documentary, as a movie, and as a musical, this is the newest telling of the tale.

tumblr_owrgwuq1Hk1v2n804o3_1280.png
    Leggy Gimmie Cash on the red carpet.

Issabella and Gemma Goldman with...

d9tpba0.png
    SbVKPg4.png

7rEK9VQ.png

WXF3Bve.png
    c0Ixg8O.png
    edited October 2017
    17013297712_c7bd6c160a_o.png

Thank you to all of our contestants for putting such hard work into this competition and to our finalists for sticking with us and making it to the end! Apologies that this round took a while to judge – partly because it really wasn’t easy to do! You’ve all done amazing shots.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this competition, even though it was a bit shambolic at times (moving house during and losing access to my PC etc was a bit of a curve ball!

I will be making all of you 1st, 2nd and 3rd place signatures but it’ll have to wait till I’m back home for Christmas – if that’s okay? I don’t have access to PS here.

Anyhow, without further ado, the results…

First place
    Vid and Demetrio Cruz with...
    94/100 points - 47/50 average

Simon St. Claire (Joe):

Creativity: 19/20
    Response: 10/10
    Quality: 5/5
    Overall Image: 15/15
    Total: 49/50

Wow, Demetrio! What a year it’s been for you! Can I just say, you were born to play Clark Kent! You totally rocked the role. The shot is dynamic, captivating and totally recognisable. The bosses at DC were very happy with you. And can we talk about the biopic?! I instantly knew and loved this still. You were the perfect George Michael and for me this film was everything I hoped for and more. You looked amazing on the red carpet, and I see ‘Oscar Winner’ next to your name in the future! Thank you so much for all the hard work you’ve put into all of these films since you joined us.

Melina Ross (Mizzie):

Creativity: 18/20
    Response: 9/10
    Quality: 4/5
    Overall Image: 14/15
    Total: 45/50

Dang Demetrio, you make an awesome Superman! This landing shot of you playing as Superman is super impressive, your special effects team did not hold back in the least bit. It does feel like there is a bit too much going on though, mainly with that robots head, and effects, distracting my eyes from you. Now your biopic was very moving, you've got a talent for pulling heart strings. They shot they used was well put together, and everything flows together so smoothly. I'm especially loving the font your team used, it's nice to see a softer style and effect being used. Also, you look so confident on the red carpet with that saucy woman beside you! Overall the movies were fantastic, and I see a bright future for you!
    Second place
    Issabella and Gemma Goldman with...
    87/100 points - 43.5/50 average

Simon St. Claire (Joe):

Overall Image: 13/15
    Total: 45/50

Gemma, you’ve come so far in your career. I loved your imagining of Tomb Raider and clearly the fans did too. You were a true action hero and I love everything about the shot – you swinging on a vine and looking totally bad 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I really enjoyed your biopic, too, though I think at times the framing was a little off – cutting off your feet etc. But generally these were two amazing films and you rocked that red carpet.

Melina Ross (Mizzie):

Creativity: 17.5/20
    Response: 8/10
    Quality: 3.5/5
    Overall Image: 13/15
    Total: 42/50

Wow, Gemma! You look amazing in the Tomb Raider, props to your team for another job well done! I'm especially loving the still shot with that bullet flying! The fierce look and confidence you're exuding makes you seem like you were born to be Lara. And your Elizabeth Taylor biopic was excellent, though you do look a little off in the shot and I can't put my finger on why. I'm glad to see you on the red carpet though, as you've certainly come a long way!
    Third Place
    Movotti and Gimmie Cash with...
    83.5/100 points - 41.75/50 average

Simon St. Claire (Joe):

Overall Image: 12/15
    Total: 44/50

I absolutely love your superhero shot, Gimmie! I love that you took on the role of one of the smaller superheroes, too. You totally rocked it and were unforgettable in the role. I love the action of the shot, and your hair looks amazing. The biopic you starred in was really interesting too – what a fascinating figure! I think there were one or two quality issues with colour grading etc, and how you blended into the background of the shot – you seemed a little out of place. Overall, though, fab work with these two films and you absolutely slayed that red carpet. I’ve loved seeing all your films and watching you grow.

Melina Ross (Mizzie):

Movotti and Gimmie Cash
    Creativity: 16/20
    Response: 8.5/10
    Quality: 3/5
    Overall Image: 12/15
    Total: 39.5/50

I'm so glad you got Rogue from X-Men, what a great role to play! And kudos to your makeup team, because you look amazing with that eyeliner and eyeshadow! I think you excelled at this role and can't wait to see you in more superhero movies (hopefully returning as Rogue!). Your biopic was also an interesting choice, I had never heard of Edith Beale before, but you did a great job presenting her story for us. The posing in the still shot is odd though, and not really a good choice to represent the movie. Either way, I'm glad to see you on the red carpet and wish you luck. Your left arm seems a bit large though, not sure if that was the camera adding on ten pounds or not!

c0Ixg8O.png
    one more for luck
    c0Ixg8O.png
    edited June 2017
    This competition didn't get interest back in 2015, and I know @kittymeow tried to launch a similar competition recently. However, I think it's a really fun, varied competition and felt like I'd give it another whirl...

..This isn't going to be a majorly strict/rushed competition (though I won't let it drag on) - totally understanding of real life commitments etc. It's more about creativity and fun. Hopefully some people like the territory.

There'll be a slight 'story' element (not sure if that's the right word) as each assignment tracks one's model from small-time star to hall of fame honouree.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Thanks @MizoreYukii you're a star. Is that the list for active models now? Seems to be dwindling :(
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    Thanks @MizoreYukii you're a star. Is that the list for active models now? Seems to be dwindling :(

Yup, cleaned it recently though. We should try doing advertising sometime, there's a lot of people who have no idea modeling comps even exist. xD The forums aren't used much anymore, majority are on social media these days, even the Guru's stay on Twitter more than here. I bet if we did advertise, we'd have an influx of models and wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. :lol:
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh I love this concept!!! Don't know if I'll reserve... I might lol but Im currently not in anything atm and Im currently working on FINALLY getting, CREATE up and going, in all honesty I lowkey will probably join up near the due date lol

JoeJoe11 wrote: »

Yup, cleaned it recently though. We should try doing advertising sometime, there's a lot of people who have no idea modeling comps even exist. xD The forums aren't used much anymore, majority are on social media these days, even the Guru's stay on Twitter more than here. I bet if we did advertise, we'd have an influx of models and wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. :lol:

Miz I 100% agree I think Twitter and possibly Tumblr would be some great places to get a word out in the interwebs... all my edits and things are on my Twitter so some of the people do know that I do edit comps and that they are a thing... idk maybe if we actively advertise, we could deff get some new peeps in the hause? *Hugs*
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, this has my interest completely. I almost did a competition like this. I even think I started one similar to it once, but it got zero interest. I hope this one fairs better. I might seriously join. :)
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Yayyyyyy! Its awesome you're doing this, I know you will do it so much better than what I would have done!
    I'm excited for it though I don't know if I'll join as I wanted to take a break after the comps I'm in are over!
    Do you have to wrote a story along with your entry?
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    edited June 2017
    This looks like fun! I'm not the most "creative" person right now (currently a writer experiencing major writers block) I'm not sure if we have to write a story with it, but I'd definitely would love to do this so I'll try! (:

Also what sims is this for??
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not another comp!
    I am so tempted.... No. I can't. I'm in too many already.
    But the temptation! Ooooohhhhhh
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    I am tempted but would like to know if there is a lot of writing involved?? Sounds like FUN! @JoeJoe11 :p
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
  • kykykyky Posts: 241 Member
    I will busy until next weeks. i have a test for graduation and go university. I dunno that i can take part in this contest. Jusst about time
    kNl6pO8.png
    edited June 2017
    I will reply to each of you later properly when I'm on my PC and not my phone - but thank you so much for all the lovely replies. Xx

re: writing - this is primarily a picture competition. To go alongside your photo, you can submit a brief (no more than a paragraph) description of what your show/film is about. However your picture should largely be able to speak for itself.

You won't be judged on any writing. Likely most of the supernatural teen shows will sound quite similar anyway!

Does that make sense? :d

Also, Sims 2 (unlikely) 3 and 4 accepted, plus male and female Sims. Stick with same aim/actor throughout, though most rounds allowed extras- just don't let them outshine yku
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    This sounds like alot of fun, I am definately interested. :)
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    You can probably reserve me @JoeJoe11 when you get a chance to update. I've always wanted to do a comp like this, so I can't resist. Just need to figure out what sim I want to use. :)
    Oh I love this concept!!! Don't know if I'll reserve... I might lol but Im currently not in anything atm and Im currently working on FINALLY getting, CREATE up and going, in all honesty I lowkey will probably join up near the due date lol

Yay! Let me know if/when you want me to reserve you. I'd love to have you on board. I love your edits :)
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Yayyyyyy! Its awesome you're doing this, I know you will do it so much better than what I would have done!
    I'm excited for it though I don't know if I'll join as I wanted to take a break after the comps I'm in are over!
    Do you have to wrote a story along with your entry?

Oooh *tempts you*. I think you'd be amazing in this! Who needs breaks, eh? ;) No story! It's just pictures and an optional short overview (see my post above for more details)
    This looks like fun! I'm not the most "creative" person right now (currently a writer experiencing major writers block) I'm not sure if we have to write a story with it, but I'd definitely would love to do this so I'll try! (:

Also what sims is this for??

This is for all sims! Sorry, should have clarified. And don't worry about the writing aspect! See my post above for more details, but it's really all about the picture - that should speak for itself. I'd love to have you join :dizzy:
    Movotti wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not another comp!
    I am so tempted.... No. I can't. I'm in too many already.
    But the temptation! Ooooohhhhhh

Yes! *tempts you* Your edits are so fun and creative, you're made for this...
    I am tempted but would like to know if there is a lot of writing involved?? Sounds like FUN! @JoeJoe11 :p

Woop! Writing is minimal and optional, see my post above in bold. It'll mainly just be an optional short overview of your picture, if you so choose. But it's all about the picture and it should speak for itself really.
    xJojox wrote: »
    Im sorry @JoeJoe11 i have retired...

Ah! Is this a permanent thing? I'll miss seeing your lovely edits and I hope you do return to modelling one day. Hope everything's okay irl <3
    kyky wrote: »
    I will busy until next weeks. i have a test for graduation and go university. I dunno that i can take part in this contest. Jusst about time

Oooh congrats on university! That's so exciting. Enjoy it - I miss my student days. No worries if you can't join, but I'd love to have you - your editing style is so fab and distinct. Such priddy pictures.
    This sounds like alot of fun, I am definately interested. :)

Yes! Pop in a reserve if you'd like, I'd love to have you :dizzy:
    You can probably reserve me @JoeJoe11 when you get a chance to update. I've always wanted to do a comp like this, so I can't resist. Just need to figure out what sim I want to use. :)

Added! You're officially my new favourite person :D Yay. Fingers cross this gets a few more reserves -- I think 8 is the number at minimum I'm aiming for. Whichever model you choose, I'm sure they'll be fab. I can't wait to see what you produce with this competition -- you're so great at action/scene shots (especially with extras) so think you'll be amazing <3
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I really don't know whether to join or not, ahhhhh. This is why it's hard for me to take a break when someone brings out a cool comp like this! :D
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I really don't know whether to join or not, ahhhhh. This is why it's hard for me to take a break when someone brings out a cool comp like this! :D

hehe you know you want to! o:) this competition will be quite different and fun so it'll feel like a break (hehe) -- also it's not going to be too intensive, and i'm lenient with extensions etc (to an extent, obviously - i know how life can be).
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    @JoeJoe11 you know what... RESERVE ME! I think Taylor Kalani needs to dust off some of her skills ;)
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    @JoeJoe11 you know what... RESERVE ME! I think Taylor Kalani needs to dust off some of her skills ;)
    Yay! Reserved <3 Excited to see your model.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • irshsimmer22irshsimmer22 Posts: 34 Member
    I would love to sign up for this!! :) how do I sign up?