This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Beauty & the Beast [COMPLETE]

PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
Long ago, a village emerged in the heart of Windenburg. It wasn’t large by any means, but still people flocked to the humble tudor houses and main strip to sell their goods. A trade market emerged, and the village quickly grew into one filled with tradesmen and hands-on workers, but little book smarts. The small school was quickly falling apart, with only a single person teaching children to read and write. To complicate matters further, a large, abandoned castle spiralled up in the middle of the woods. No one could get to it, for the path in the woods would seemingly come alive and twist the course, spitting the villagers out at the spot they had entered. As the years passed, people gave up trying to reach it altogether, for even attempting to cross the river to get to it was a suicide mission. The only hint that a real being lived there was the black cloaked people that came into town to purchase goods, disappearing as quickly as they came.
Curiosity dimmed as this became the norm.
That is, until a determined young girl was born.

Beauty and the Beast is a story featured on my blog PrincessSimcess.wordpress.com. I've previously written works such as The Royal Bachelor and The Ayers Prettacy (an ongoing project). Now, I’m excited to announce I’m writing a story based on my favourite fairytale! A previous forum allowed people on this board to submit a whole host of different characters, and now it's time to read the story they helped create!
Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

Post edited by PrincessSimcess on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Table of Contents

Prologue - The Curse (02/06/17): Here

Chapter One - Bread and Butter (08/06/17): Here

Chapter Two - Clairvoyant (12/06/17): Here

Chapter Three - Away I Go (28/06/17): Here

Chapter Four - Promises (02/07/17): Here

Chapter Five - 'Twas a Dream (04/07/17): Here

Chapter Six - A Song and a Dance (06/07/17): Here

Chapter Seven - Light (09/07/17): Here

Chapter Eight - While the Wind Blows (11/07/17):Here

Chapter Nine - Oasis (15/07/17): Here

Chapter Ten - Journey to the past (18/07/17): Here

Chapter Eleven - Secrets (24/07/17): Here

Chapter Twelve - Gone for Good (27/07/17): Here

Chapter Thirteen - The Lost Brother (01/08/17): Here

Chapter Fourteen - A Change in the Weather (06/08/17): Here

Chapter Fifteen - Starlight (13/08/17): Here

Chapter Sixteen - Relations (19/08/17): Here

Chapter Seventeen - Strength in Numbers (28/08/17): Here

Chapter Eighteen - Past Promises (09/09/17): Here

Chapter Nineteen - The Search (19/09/17): Here

Chapter Twenty - Save Me (14/10/17): Here

Chapter Twenty-One - Find Me Again (14/10/17): Here

Chapter Twenty-Two - To Hell and Back (14/10/17): Here

Chapter Twenty-Three - Rise Again (14/10/17): Here

Epilogue (21/10/17): Here

Acknowledgements: Here
    Post edited by PrincessSimcess on

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Hey Simcess, a couple things, when trying to vote for a "Belle", no options cane up for me, just a done button. Also, for mine, you've got the maid and lady's maid swapped, Leonie is the maid and Margaux is the lady's maid. :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Hey Simcess, a couple things, when trying to vote for a "Belle", no options cane up for me, just a done button. Also, for mine, you've got the maid and lady's maid swapped, Leonie is the maid and Margaux is the lady's maid. :)

Thanks for letting me know! The voting should have options now. Also, I actually swapped them on purpose :) I had some ideas for them if one o the other win, but I can swap them if you'd like!

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

Thanks for letting me know! The voting should have options now. Also, I actually swapped them on purpose :) I had some ideas for them if one o the other win, but I can swap them if you'd like!

Oh, sure, whatever you want to do is fine :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    Oooh this is exciting! I need to go have a look at all the sims before I actually vote :)
  • Options
    Oooh this is exciting! I need to go have a look at all the sims before I actually vote :)
    There's certainly a lot to study! :)

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,104 Member
    @PrincessSimcess I didn't see the bio for Susan Welch, but she is mentioned as an antagonist. Just wondering if you forgot or what happened.
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 793 Member
    Exciting...
  • Options
    Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    Did Casimir not make it to be voted on for the beast role? I checked and he should be in the gallery. No worries if you didn't want to use him I was just curious.
  • Options
    Nevermind he isn't listed on this list but he IS on the website's list and can be voted for. My apologies. Yay! good luck to everyone who submitted characters, I'm super excited for this.
  • Options
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    @PrincessSimcess I didn't see the bio for Susan Welch, but she is mentioned as an antagonist. Just wondering if you forgot or what happened.
    She's not on the gallery, so I didn't put her in the bios/votes :(

• Options
    Brei714 wrote: »
    Nevermind he isn't listed on this list but he IS on the website's list and can be voted for. My apologies. Yay! good luck to everyone who submitted characters, I'm super excited for this.
    Phew! I LOVE Casimir! I just didn't update the list properly :)

• Options
    Aww! I'm really glad you like him. And if he doesn't win you are still more than welcome to use him in something else if you want to. I had a lot of fun making him and writing his back story so its good to see he is loved. :)
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    Voted! It was so hard to decide *phew* They are all well made and interesting, I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,794 Member
    Ooh, there's a separate thread for this. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,794 Member
    I've voted for everyone but the servants. We're going to mass in 30 minutes, so I'll leave that part for later. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Very excited to see where this goes!
  • Options
    Very excited to see where this goes!

Me, too!
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I've voted for everyone but the servants. We're going to mass in 30 minutes, so I'll leave that part for later. :)

Awesome!

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I voted then realized I didn't even vote for my own submissions because I forgot who they were and didn't feel like going back to look. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I voted then realized I didn't even vote for my own submissions because I forgot who they were and didn't feel like going back to look. lol

Lol! Hey, at least you weren't biased ;)

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

Lol! Hey, at least you weren't biased ;)

Very True.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,792 Member
    I voted for the various characters. La Belle&the Bete (the French name) is one of my favourite stories. Did you know n the 1991 Disney movie the book Belle is reading is suppose to be HER (future) story?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I voted for the various characters. La Belle&the Bete (the French name) is one of my favourite stories. Did you know n the 1991 Disney movie the book Belle is reading is suppose to be HER (future) story?

I didn't know that at all! I always thought it was about Sleeping Beauty. But what you said makes more sense :)
    Here's where she meets Prince Charming, but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,792 Member

I didn't know that at all! I always thought it was about Sleeping Beauty. But what you said makes more sense :)
    Here's where she meets Prince Charming, but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three

Well I have read some previous version of Beauty&the Beast and you know that "picture" which is shown for less then 2 seconds which shows a lion-like character on the left? Well in most other versions (like Jean Cocteau's black&white 1947 film) shows the Beast as a lion.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Well I have read some previous version of Beauty&the Beast and you know that "picture" which is shown for less then 2 seconds which shows a lion-like character on the left? Well in most other versions (like Jean Cocteau's black&white 1947 film) shows the Beast as a lion.

Wow! I'm not as familiar with other iterations other than the Disney one. I'll have to change that soon! It's so interesting to me that so many different places and cultures can interpret such a simple story in so many different ways :)