Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Quake Zone" should set fires and break the plumbing

Comments

• TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    Well, the Quake Zone earthquakes seem fairly minor (This does come from someone who lives close to a fault line so maybe I'm biased) so I don't think much else would happen than what does, based on real life.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2017
    Compared to how it shakes the screen, it doesn't like it would a minor. In real life, earthquakes do deal property damage, and since the game doesn't potray it with different level/scales, so I don't agree with your comment.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I think they need like two different levels of quakes. The small quake could just shake the screen like it is now. The large quake could set fires and break the plumbing. I would also like to see sims react a bit more to the quake like hiding under the table or standing between doorways.
  • AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    Or add some of those trash piles similar to the ones that toddlers create when they play in the bookcase, to represent things that fell off shelves and walls.
    Anonypig wrote: »
    Or add some of those trash piles similar to the ones that toddlers create when they play in the bookcase, to represent things that fell off shelves and walls.

Oh yeah. Garbage could be spewed out of a garbage bin and litter in its radius, dishes could fall over near edges (like how toddlers throw out their meals), some random objects could fall over and will have to be manually place back manually through a sim
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I always put quake zone on all my sims lots because I figured it would add more realism and make the gameplay more interesting. It would be cool if it did way more than what it currently does!
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I would love for the earthquakes to do more. Plumbing and electronics breaking is already in the game, so it would be an easy feature to add. Maybe if we get other natural disasters and storms in a Seasons pack, they might revisit the earthquakes, too.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Quake Zone is only a lot trait why would you want things to break on just one lot? Its not like its an actual earthquake or even disaster.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited June 2017
    Quake Zone is only a lot trait why would you want things to break on just one lot? Its not like its an actual earthquake or even disaster.
    Then what is it? A tsunami? It's a lot trait, and I implied it should only affect THAT LOT, lol.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Then what is it? A tsunami? It's a lot trait, and I implied it should only affect THAT LOT, lol.
    Meaning its not an actual disaster so it shouldn't cause any damage on one lot.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I want it to become one than though.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    You like repairing broken faucets and leaky toilets? Me I swear every time something breaks.
    Then again I rarely play handy sims.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would love more fires. They happen way too rarely
    edited June 2017
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    You like repairing broken faucets and leaky toilets? Me I swear every time something breaks.
    Then again I rarely play handy sims.
    Anything that will get this game out of the happyvilley-utopia-rut. I want consequences! I want consequences! I want bad things to happen! This game just offers too positive which I got sick and tired of.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.