Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Visualize Country Living (Tons of Pictures)

bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Show with your pictures how you want to see your Sims 4 farm to look. This is what I want to see in my game.
img1e.jpg
cute-baby-piglets-pigs-cute-animals-pics-pictures.jpg
cute-farmanimal-pics-animals-pictures.jpg
Picture-3.png
cute+horses3.jpg
CuteCows.JPG?width=671&height=600
my_cute_chickens__1__by_luffyperonalove-d6iq0ap.jpg
1909-farmhouse-and-barn.jpg?w=896
This is what the inside would look like.
rustic-living-room-decorating-idea-10.jpg

DP_Principle-Design-and-Construction-brown-country-kitchen-open-plan_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpeg
rustic-barn-bathrooms-7-554x498.jpg

Feel free to express how you want to see your dream sims farm to look in picture. ;)
Also I would like to see is

cute-bunny-pictures-024.jpg
Cute-Baby-Ducks-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

FL_WildTurkey02.jpg

Rooster-1.jpg

lalalovelythings.blogspot.com+country+living+magazine.png

RX-iStock-4339015_Country-Kitchen_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpeg

Modern%2BCountry%2BKitchen%2B6.jpg

art-577-provencal-style-kitchen.jpg

traditional-kitchen-mereway-kitchens-virginia-light-grey.jpg

Spring-Farm-Wallpaper-Widescreen-HD-Wallpaper-for-Desktop-Background.jpg

cow-farm-red-barn-wall-mural--wallpaper-murals-laptop-backgrounds-images.jpg

58-340p19.jpg

800px-Tunnel_West_Ocean_View_Sussex_Co_DE.JPG

How about an old fashioned hayride.

sleigh%20started%20original.JPG

enfants-allant-sur-un-hayride-dans-une-ferme-avec-des-champs-de-ma%C3%AFs-dans-le-backgr-42538497.jpg

Harvesting Fruits and Vegetables !

thriving-organic-garden-tips.jpg

Halloween-Pumpkins-Abstract-173.jpg

ows_142265534521112.jpg

Orange_Tree.jpg

watermelon-ogr-2.jpg

PINEAPPLE.png.jpg

opened-coconut.jpg

aubergine_-_eggplant.jpg

groszek-fructon-300x300.jpg

seasons-the-sims-2-seasons-17712212-1024-768.jpg

sims2sepcscrnspringbtrfl2wm.jpg

seasonsart03.jpg

seasonsart02.jpg

Baking Contest anyone ?

TS2-FreeTime-the-sims-2-freetime-21459082-500-383.jpg

How about some square dancing ?

More country living

square_dancing__doofenshmirtz_style__animated__by_jaycasey-d60sj5u.gif

country-style-living-room-furniture-renderings.jpg
french-country-decor.jpg

spano-family-room-800.jpg
Post edited by beville on

Comments

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Yep! just about how I want it to look. Maybe a world that is similar to Riverview or Appaloosa plains, we got in sims 3, its gotta be more Rural area with rivers, haystacks, farmlands with barns and old country houses.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I totally agree with the Riverview and Appaloosa plains as a country town for the sims 4.
  • skydom95skydom95 Posts: 4 New Member
    Everything above is exactly what I want to see. I would like for the country world to have a few uppity, Victorian style farmhouses. Maybe a fixer upper Victorian farm. And you can't forget the barn cats and herding dogs, unless they're coming in another pack.
    I see here on the forum there are so many great ideas for an farming expansion, I wanted to see everything in picture to get the feel of seeing it in the Sims 4. :)
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    If/When they add a farm style pack (Which I will totally be buying) They should some of the farm animals have a more practical use, definitely not the way they did cows/chickens in TS3.

Cow (and goats) could be milkable and you could drink it, turn it into cheese (With some kind of cheese maker), and use the cheese in recipes (like pizza, also they should add the pizza oven back) Also, butter. We could get a butter churner or make it in a food processor (which you can do irl.)

Chickens could produce eggs which could be used as ingredient requirement for dishes that require eggs. I know there are a few breakfast ones and I believe a dinner one? Maybe they could add back the food processor and you could use it to make mayo (and yes, for those wondering, you can make mayo in a food processor irl.)

Chickens would also be fun for children/toddlers to play with. Or have an options for toddlers to chase them, I think that'd be cute.

Farm animals could be free range (meaning they can roam around)
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
    Just love the thought of toddlers chasing after chickens that would be so adorable!! :p
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited May 2017
    The village (I know that they're from different regions but any of these would be lovely)

ph52_poissons.jpg

6b0e495a14b38564a42cae34ca179916.jpg

Addiscombe_Farm_Cottage%2C_Croydon_-_South_West.jpg

The%20farm%20yard%20in%20full%20bloom.jpg

imgp24471.jpg

The market where farmers can sell wool, milk, cheese, eggs and fresh products - there would be one every Sunday.

150902_bc23g_bdsa_marche-fermier-vancouver_sn635.jpg

marche_fermier_2015.jpg

marche_fermier_-_melle_-_aout_2011.jpeg

marche-fermier-8735.jpg

The landscape where horses, sheep and cows can graze

en_paysagedubocage__065435800_1637_06032014.jpg

le-bocage-7.jpg

Alyn-Wallace-785x441.jpg

A1-RM-WALES-.Landscape.gif

Those are some really gorgeous pictures ! Love seeing the village vibe for a country theme setting. :p
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    edited May 2017
    (can i delete this comment? i made a MISTAKE while writing it.)
    moss

• Dspenguin2000Dspenguin2000 Posts: 39 New Member
    @beville I think this is a great idea for a new pack
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Hopefully with sims5 if they give us some decent sized lots instead of these teeny tiny ones.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I literally have that EXACT wooden bathtub photo saved on my PC! :open_mouth: (I like saving interior decorating photos) This picture thread is beautiful. I would DIE of happiness if we get a farm pack as beautiful as this and with farm animals and great farmy things :smiley:
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Hopefully with sims5 if they give us some decent sized lots instead of these teeny tiny ones.

Or they can just give us a world with big lots with this pack for TS4..
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    It would kill it for me if it wasn't a Farming EP. A gamepack would never do it justice. :s:s:s I'm glad for what we did get in S3 toward the end with the tractor, old farm house, cow ect. since they weren't going to give us the Farm EP everyone begged for. I asked repeatedly for it in S3 ideas forums.

But for Sims 4; I want an EP. To add all the functions of a farm and make it worth having and fun would require it. It would be neat if they could look at some of the really nice farming games out there and Happy Acres on Facebook, which is heavily played.

More crops, farmer career, farm equipment, buying/selling/breeding livestock that you don't have to control and have all the farm animals your land can hold, plus antiques/farm clothes/planked floors/ratty old mailbox/rag doll and old time toys. A farmers livestock market to buy and sell farm animals and put up stick tables to sell your farm stuff or other things. I would so buy this and it would make Sims 4 worth playing for me. <3>:)Please Sim gurus.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @davina1221 I suspect it would need an EP between new animal meshes and a big enough world.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    Knowing me I would own the Entire neighborhood as my farm At the beginning of my Farm, all guests would have would have to traverse the half mile long apple orchard (these aren't apple tree's but yeah)

backgrounds-holland-autumn-tree-background-lined.jpg[img]to the right of the picture would be my Vineyard: Grapes, Strawberries. to the Left would be vegetables: Pumpkins, Potatoes, Carrots. eventually you will come up to the Entrance of the Farm, greeted by another half mile of Corn(Left) and Wheat(right) Maze. after that you will arrive at the center of the Farm, a thinking a Well or a fountain in the Center. and there's a lot of space, for Festivals. Where the people would gather I would want Bake offs, and Contests, Selling Fresh produce. behind the well you have The Cow Barn/warehouse to the right of the Cow Barn would be the Pig Pen and right of the pig pen is the Chicken Coup. on the left side of the Cow Barn is the Horse Stable, Sheep enclosure, and Goat enclosure. Basically I want just the entire world to be farm land I don't really want actually community living there.[/img]
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Different parts of the world have a differnt look to 'country living'

OxleyDowns_2.jpg
    9d0ff894a003b3918f35b978ed3a72db.jpg
    Windmill.jpg
    8343fc162febc5818c36da8b0821e349.jpg

This one is a Queenslander style, built on stilts to keep it cool when it's hot, and so that (hopefully) the floods will pass under it.
    farm.jpg

This one is somehow a rather famous old house.
    au-burra-abandoned-farmhouse-0004.jpg

I love a sunburnt country
    3441508-The-Storm-Is-Coming-3.jpg

A land of sweeping plains
    3426757217_6b571de015_b.jpg

Of ragged mountain ranges
    ridgeTop2.jpg

Of droughts and flooding rains
    week-3-my-country-b-13-638.jpg?cb=1417245420

I love her far horizons
    4143040812_0fea7ececf_z.jpg

I love her jewel sea
    jewelled-seas-1.jpg

Her beauty and her terror
    bushfire.jpg

The wide brown land for me
    bu4214.jpg?fit=1200%2C778&ssl=1&resize=691%2C459

There are more verses, but I'll stop that now. :)

Traditionally, a lot of Aussie farmhouses had the kitchen seperate from the main house, firstly cos who want's to be near a hot kitchen in summer. And secondly, to reduce the risk of burning the whole house down.

Brockerly-House-S1-73.jpg

It's said that the Aussie economy was built on the sheeps back
    3ns26n_40me_l.jpg
    Nothing much has changed
    872530-3x2-940x627.jpg

In case you ever wondered what happens if a sheep doesn't get shorn
    _85337457_big_wool_roos.jpg

I grew up on a sheep farm
    4705706-3x2-940x627.jpg
    Sheep aren't stupid. They're cunning and evil... and a bit cute.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Country fairs are one of my favorite things about living near rural, farming areas. Country fairs with agricultural prizes (best produce, best pie, best livestock), amusement rides, games of chance like fishing a floating duck for a prize or filling balloons with squirt guns until they pop, talent shows, musical performances, exhibitions of skills, craft shows where people can sell their wares (maybe adding craftables like soap--maybe same code used for baths with soaks for a function, candles where can create fancier candles or ugly lumpy things depending on skill, knit or crochet items to for CAS or decor, cross stitch wall art or pillows or seat covers, pressed flowers used to craft wall art--maybe allow sims to place flowers for a custom art piece).

Maybe decor items like wall art from pressed flowers or cross stitch, dried floral arrangements or dried floral wall sculptures like flowers around a hat brim and flowers & herbs hanging from drying racks.
    I do appreciate the time everyone took to post what they would like to see in a country living pack. These pictures are a fabulous addition to show different kinds of country landscape there are from around the world.Would like to see more of them ! :p
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    In parts of Australia, we don't have pretty green pastures.
    We have this for grazing instead:
    classic-mayall-scrub-with-saltbush-and-shrub-layer.jpg

Sheep don't mind it
    11149568_883347248371265_5995681799071930003_n.jpg

Cows graze it too
    Cattle-in-OMSB-Coonamble.jpg

Which is good, cos nothing much that humans can eat will grow there.

There's something so normal about this:
    sunburned.jpg

But then we have this extreme too:
    image001.jpg
    Australian-wineries-900x600.jpg
    f302d2a33dd82f8604d3469ad1242ee3.jpg

And our traditional farmhouses wear hats
    gf7c80905-ecd6-4440-8cc5-88d89f264938.jpg
    $_35.JPG
    original__9291271_ai19_lake_view_house_l2pxmf6_2048x1152.jpg?ts=20160629060149&w=1200
    w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
    Cattle-sale-480w.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    How about an

HNP_8694.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=880&h=906&fit=crop&crop=

How about quilt making

20120717+Patchwork+quilt-2.jpg

299291d1325391780-100_0265.jpg

72653540_all-drezzed-up-easy-applique-quilt-pattern-ebay.jpg

How about knitting and crocheting

crochet-classic-granny-squares-25.jpg

600_433814329.jpeg

83w_acomp.jpg

What about a crockpot for when the sims get up early they can throw in some ingredients and create a delicious meal , so when they are done farming there is an hot nourishing meal waiting for them.

92368514iBEPEuwL.jpg

Owl-Crock-Pot.jpg

Plus add some new recipes like chicken and dumplings and chicken noodle soup, buttermilk biscuit with honey, cornbread with red beans, pecan pie, pumpkin pie.

chicken-and-dumplings-1-10.jpg

Quick-Homemade-Chicken-Noodle-Soup.jpg

honey-butter-biscuits.jpg

red-beans-and-cornbread.jpg

Pecan-Pie.jpg

homemade-pumpkin-pie.jpg

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    @davina1221 I suspect it would need an EP between new animal meshes and a big enough world.

Boy, I really hate how the page jumps up and down and you can't control it when people add a bunch of pics; I wish it was in a more controlled form. :s

Oh, luthienrising, I really hope so. <3 I think if they just added a hood with maybe a livestock market and perhaps four or five other lots, then that would be fabulous. I don't know if you have ever seen Happy Acres on Facebook, but it is such a neat concept of using materials to make things to sell and having a load of animals that you don't control.

This would be the perfect time to add the huge lot that many have been asking for. Personally, I used the largest lot in S3 more than 80% of the time I played S3. To have a barn, plants, space to use a tractor, the farmhouse, and all the other things already in game and what will be added in the future, I think we really need that super huge lot.

Besides Seasons, this is the EP I would really love to have. After those two, the dangerous pack, more kiddy items, and University would make my game so much more interesting. I'm not into leveling up relationships or jobs and not into the party scene at all, so for now the Get to Work, Granite Falls, the addition of toddlers, and the Vampire GP have been the biggest add ons that have helped my gameplay. Personally, I'm hoping that S4 lives a very long life and grows into so much more than S3, minus open worlds/CASt. I'm hoping they bring back Sims 1,2,&3 stuff plus many new things before they ever even consider even giving a moments thought to moving on. Considering the vast amount of stuff in S3 & the store, that is a huge order; I hope they are up to the task. :)

OP Love the old sewing machine and the idea of crockpot cooking as something new and having soups. :o:p
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This would be really fun!

For me all of this is fantasy. I live smack in the big city with concrete. A beautiful city with water and parks but I will never have a garden in eal life. That is why I enjoy gardening and green living in the sims.

I love my town but it is fun to live somewhere else in my fantasy.
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    OMG ! I would love to have all this stuff ! Take my money now EA, for a farming expansion pack.
  • Deadlywoman1969Deadlywoman1969 Posts: 5 New Member
    This would be awesome if we had this! :p