Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is getting ridiculous

AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
For the love of god, may we please have new stairs? I am so so frustrated, I'm at the point where I'm abandoning all of my builds due to the floor plan that keeps getting messed up by those gigantic staircases. It's been 2 and a half years, I mean there's not even a split level possibly, let alone an actual terrain tool, but cmon gurus! We really really really need new stairs! I'll take anything, l shaped, circular, curved, even an attic ladder. I'm just at the end of my patience atm
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
Post edited by Amiutza on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really keep hoping that they would add the spiral stair cases into Sims 4.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I know how you feel. I don't know who created the massive four tile stairs that's in the game right now. But they are always a pain to place because they take up to much room. The lots in the game have only so much room to place things on, even the 50 X 50's and 64 X 64 tile lots. And to top that those stairs take even more room on the lot when you go to adjust the walls to as high as they can go. Those stairs go from taking up four tiles to taking up five or six tiles. The least they can do is split those stairs in half to make them a double flight of stairs if the stairs are to take up four or more tiles on lot in the game. Not even the stairs in 3 took up that much room with out splitting them up. I'll even settle for a foundation like thing that we use to place in house in S3. Anything to split the current stairs in the game up.
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    Yes! And you can't place stairs diagonally either :unamused: Need spiral stairs, L shaped stairs, and I wouldn't mind ladders like we had in Sims 3 Island Paradise. I'm always hoping for more stairs!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I would love spiral staircases, but we also need the ones that aren't so tightly wound, as in a gently curving staircase. Two of my friends had this kind, years ago. Also, I very much NEED the U-turn (or bent, as I used to call it) staircase. The best way to allow for this would be to give us interior platforms, as was done in Sims2. So long as the steps can adhere to them, that is. A nice touch would also allow for steps to affix on an angled platform. My grand Aunt's house had a maid's entrance from the kitchen to the landing of the main staircase. The door was on an angle. Can't properly recreate that magnificent mansion without it. I've played around in three iterations trying to get it right.

Essentially, without having a variety of staircase types, our inspiration/imagination is being sharply curtailed. Please, EA, give us more stairs!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd love to have spiral staircases as well as ladders. No, I wouldn't just love them, I need them.

For example, I tried adding a roof balcony (or whatever it's called if you can walk around on one part of the roof as it's flat) to the small house at the end of the BFFs' street. Nearly impossible. After breaking my fingers twice in the process I managed to place the stairs at the river-side end of the house, which basically made the parents' bedroom a third smaller. But at least it worked and now they've got a telescope on the roof, which wouldn't fit into the "garden" area.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I totally agree, but I fear that complicated stairs would mess up routing in the game even further (think of swimming, darts, water slides etc).
  • Options
    I totally agree, but I fear that complicated stairs would mess up routing in the game even further (think of swimming, darts, water slides etc).
    While I get the routing point, I'm still not ok with being stuck with only one type of monstrous size staircase. I don't even care if sims just teleport trough it like elevators at this point. I always find myself trying to plan everything around the staircase. It never really fits well anywhere.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I was expecting at least spiral stairs at this point. They gave us L-shaped in sims3 right before 4 came out, so IT IS possible. I'm so tired of straight up and down.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    While I get the routing point, I'm still not ok with being stuck with only one type of monstrous size staircase. I don't even care if sims just teleport trough it like elevators at this point. I always find myself trying to plan everything around the staircase. It never really fits well anywhere.
    I would love spiral stairs too!! But the fact that we didn't get them after 2 1/2 years means probably that they are a) impossible or b) too expensive (like lounge chairs and elevators or c) both.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm on board for ladders. Spiral staircases took up too much space just like regular stairs. Never used them. Now ladders and firemen poles were A1.
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    Essentially, without having a variety of staircase types, our inspiration/imagination is being sharply curtailed. Please, EA, give us more stairs!
    I can't imagine what will happen when there are more stairs! B)

• Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm on board for ladders. Spiral staircases took up too much space just like regular stairs. Never used them. Now ladders and firemen poles were A1.
    I know, the space use is ridiculous. But I'll even take giant spiral ones just to change up the look of it a bit.

hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I want split level stairs, making it easier to actually build a spit level home without cheats. That's one thing I have never been able to build and would love to. lol And bunk beds, we need those back as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    FridFrid Posts: 11 New Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > One day we will have all of these types of stairs in The Sims hopefully: :smile:

Support this so much!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited May 2017
    yes please!! we need more stairs ASAP and I would also like pull down attic stairs included with all the others mentioned.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    KatieVapezz97KatieVapezz97 Posts: 36 Member
    Thankyou! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
  • Options
    mesonwunemesonwune Posts: 13 New Member
    Unfortunately, because of my membership status, I can't quote your photos @duhboy2u2 but I definitely agree with the Victorian-like stairs. That's something I expected in the Vintage Glamour SP.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!!
    I was surprised that we didn't see at least spiral stairs added with the City Living EP. Since apartments are a bit short on space, they would've went great with some of the larger, multi-level apartments.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer. :smile:
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @duhboy2u2 I love that 90 degree staircase , I would also love to have the option of having a landing rather than a curved step.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I love that large curved staircase.
  • Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Spiral staircases and functional elevators.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm really torn. So many things I really want, but I realize that the building tools already provided for sims 4 are great. I guess I'm just greedy because I want all the things you've all mentioned too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.