Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Yay! That was my choice! :)
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

Yay! B is so lovely!! Thanks for let us vote sz
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm so happy!!! I really like the style of B! *happy smustles*
    Nectere wrote: »
    Can yall please make those cluttered shelves a separated shelf unit rather than a single unit with attached clutter? Like, instead can that clutter be separate so we can mix and match stuff on the shelves?

This! ^^^ I'd like these as plain kitchen shelf units in similar swatches to one of the existing sets, so I can mix and match them in with the cabinets we already have.

I did like A as well, and I hope it gets kept for another pack. I'm sorry to those who are disappointed. I'd have felt the same if it was the other way around. *hugs*
  • Sweet_PookiePeaSweet_PookiePea Posts: 2 New Member
    I like Style B, it feels like a first step to Tiny house living; but of course its Eco Friendly Style! B) I can't wait to see more of what we all can vote for in the Stuff Pack Vote!
  • RetroberriiRetroberrii Posts: 11 New Member
    Ohhh thank god. I buy every pack anyway, but if A won it would have been awful. Modern style is so blah, I love old fashioned stuff. And the clothes are ADORABLE.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm NEVER tired of modern interior, however I'm so glad B won! Please let us vote for the decor objects as well, because those are important items in this render!

I really hope we'll see style A in another pack!

Also, I agree with @Nectere and @Cinderellimouse ! Shelves and clutter should be separate items and being able to mix and match is really important (for me anyways). I always get a bit frustrated when there's no matching swatches to items we already have!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yay! I'm actually getting excited for this pack now! I was disappointed in the theme at first, but this art design appealed to me so... I'm interested!

Nice work, guys! :)
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Ohhh thank god. I buy every pack anyway, but if A won it would have been awful. Modern style is so blah, I love old fashioned stuff. And the clothes are ADORABLE.

Ahah I love old fashioned stuff, but this seemed a bit... Tacky? You can be old fashioned without having to look poor :P
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    edited April 2017
    How will we be able to disable the farmer clothes being used in the random outfits of NPC's? I think it would really clash with our current content, don't want my Sims walking around in a sleek dress and farmers boots aha!!!

I don't think those look like farmers' clothes. I live in a big city and all the hipsters dress like that lol

Yeah, if the whole outfit was like this! But the random npc thing just mixes EVERY item of clothing! Don't think it would match a fancy crop top or an Indian dress!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope style A is reused in another pack. Maybe in a futuristic EP, celebrity EP/GP or high-end SP. The objects look too nice to be scrapped.
    @SimGuruGraham
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    It may not be the style I initially chose but I am looking forward to the next step in this process and I know I can make use of these objects. :wink:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Will the door and window also possibly come with this Pack?
    They look awesome and simple!
    a256aFi.gif
    [quote=Ahah I love old fashioned stuff, but this seemed a bit... Tacky? You can be old fashioned without having to look poor :P[/quote]

It doesn't look poor to me. It looks like if you walked into any random irl house to me, which is how I like to decorate my sims houses anyway. I just like making normal families, not super high-end ones. Although if I did, they probably wouldn't have modern furniture anyway lol. If you have the money to decorate however you want, why would anyone choose that???

Ahah I love old fashioned stuff, but this seemed a bit... Tacky? You can be old fashioned without having to look poor :P

It doesn't look poor to me. It looks like if you walked into any random irl house to me, which is how I like to decorate my sims houses anyway. I just like making normal families, not super high-end ones. Although if I did, they probably wouldn't have modern furniture anyway lol. If you have the money to decorate however you want, why would anyone choose that???

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    For me there was really no way to lose with this vote. I thought both styles were really nice and both are styles I would use in game. So yay for B!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yaaaay! My votes have won 2/2 so far.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    So happy B won can't wait for the next vote :) I hope for those that wanted A to win will eventually see that art style maybe in another Sp. But B is right up my alley!!!
    justlurking.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

my thoughts exactly. Most people like homey homes not some ultra modern houses where you're too scared to breathe incase some expensive hitech gadget breaks or your breath stains the air lol :D

I'm thoroughly satisfied with the voting results and art style. Can't wait for this pack, I don't even feel like there's anything more to vote for.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    And again, you'll have many more pieces of clothing and accessories to select from by the time voting begins.

That really is going to be a new form of torture! But it'll be hard to displace that hanging herb rack as my #1 choice.

I agree! I really want that in my game! :)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

Here in California, clothes as styled in this concept art are usually sold through the likes of Urban Outfitters and Abercrombie & Fitch as well as several other retailers. Trust me at the price point used in those stores no one who makes less than 40 thousand a year is walking around in those clothes unless they got them on sale or from a thrift shop. Or they are wearing super cheap knock off's that fall apart after two washes.

This dress from A&F retails at $78
    ny8vjm7

And this outfit from UO runs around the same
    lukk4vh

Here in the US country chic as it's become labeled can cost people a pretty penny as they decorate their homes with a style that brings with it a sense of nostalgia, and might remind them of a grandparents or other relatives kitchen.

It also fits the theme of ecological living better as most pieces like this that aren't manufactured are created through recyling and giving new life to furniture that was tossed, including some of the stuff from the 60s and 70s that look very different once refinished.

I won't lie I'm happy style B won, as I like to have sims in a mix range of homes and hopefully some of these eco themed items can also fit a starter home budget. (fingers crossed but won't hold my breath)

Hopefully as with s3 any sim who has an eco or similar trait will get good buffers from recycling, it would be nice if they bring back the compost bin from ts2, but given how plants are coded not as likely. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

Google, eco friendly decorating ideas. It has a great mix of ideas. ;)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited April 2017
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing (that's what the art style looks like, I can't see any washers, just a sink)!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

The feature vote happens in late June. Be sure to vote for what you want when that happens :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top