Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe The Family GP is Actually About PARENTING

It just struck me... I was really thinking on how this is the chance for The Sims 4 to have generations like content. But thinking about the teaser, they showed bookshelves, painting racks, drawings on a string, kid's creativity table, a teen studying, a dad playing with a toddler, and a mom talking to a kid. Maybe that mom was teaching the kid some lessons, not just chit chatting. The choice of knowledge building activities and objects is what made some people think it was a school game pack, but since the icon shows a family, and the family was together in that frame with their kids, I think maybe It's not a generations pack per se, but a parenting one. More interactions and development between parents and their offspring. It may also add teen adjustments, kids behaviour like playing games with other kids, or general things that will make the raising of the children more meaningful, in that sense sort of like generations, but I think the focus will be on how parents can raise their kids, and kids intellectual and social development from toddler trough teens. A family pack, but the "parents with kids" stage rather than bachelorette parties, weddings and mid life crisis... Does that make sense to anyone else?

Comments

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Yes, it does, I hope they include punishment too.
  • RedHeadedSavageRedHeadedSavage Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to see something like this. As a parent with young children, it does at times annoy me when I play the game and interactions with children are just so basic.. lol. Punishment, Chores, etc ALL need to be a part of further game development in terms of interactions with children. Great choice of topic btw.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017
    That could be! It kinda fits with this for me:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    That's what I thought too, the icon would fit for a parental education/transmission of knowledge to the next generation, since there's the two parents and one children, and not a whole family. Though it may also be that the whole family didn't fit in a tiny icon :D
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Wow, that made me so happy. Their goal is to make family play more special and meaningful.

I think what I really loved from generations was how it made family play better. After this pack, I'll only need pets and seasons to feel like TS4 is complete gameplay-wise. And pets looks like it's coming!
  • RedHeadedSavageRedHeadedSavage Posts: 5 New Member
    @NeonHighways I hope to see Pets and Seasons really soon as well!! Especially pets, because I miss having my little french bulldog running around in almost all of my sims homes. haha
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    This pack can't come soon enough <3 .
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited April 2017
    I honestly feel like you're spot on, I really do. That makes a lot of sense. Last night I kept analyzing the little clip, pausing it and just looking at everything. The choice to add in artwork, the activity table, books on the floor, etc was something I kept trying to figure out and I agree with you a lot. More ways to interact with offspring, helping them grow and develop and teaching them things.

I really can't wait for this pack, I'm extremely excited :smiley:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Finally something I am really looking forward too!!!! I wanted a GP or EP to focus on families...I want to hear more details...can't wait!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Wow, that made me so happy. Their goal is to make family play more special and meaningful.

I think what I really loved from generations was how it made family play better. After this pack, I'll only need pets and seasons to feel like TS4 is complete gameplay-wise. And pets looks like it's coming!

Me too. :blush:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Finally a pack I would buy!!!! Been wanting more family play for years!!!! :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It looks indeed a family I'm very curious and excited about this pack.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This is exactly what I was thinking, I am kind of hoping this game pack is focused solely on the family dynamic as oppose to family extras.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited April 2017
    Gameplay Packs were the best packs so far in terms of real new gameplay! So I am quite excited myself about this pack! So far I did not dislike any GP they brought to us! They all brought new things to do and made The Sims 4 more round, all around :) So yep family dynamics is what they will bring to us :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I hope, if there's punishment, it's chosen by the player and not automatic. But this does sound interesting.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    That tweet sounds pretty reassuring. Glad to hear they are trying to make family play better :) Very much looking forward to a pack that's made for players like me. Just please EA.. make the teens act & look like teens... &/or bring on the preteens!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope, if there's punishment, it's chosen by the player and not automatic. But this does sound interesting.

I really hope punishments aren't automatic. I the Sims 3 I made the kids dad homeschool his children with a max level logic he would just tutor my kids to keep their grades up and didn't bother sending them too school since it let me do more with my kid Sims. Then I got generations and even though technically the Dad was teaching his kids and one hundred percent alright with them staying home the game always made him punish his kids. It destroyed his relationships with them and totally took me out of my immersion. Not all parents teach the same way and having the game assume what your Sims want to punish their kids for can ruin some stories.

I also hope they bring back the mini kitchens. I always liked those in previous iterations.and maybe tree forts and playground stuff like swings, those always reminds me of growing up and children.
    Of course family interactions are priority but having some more stuff for kids to do in general would be sweet.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I really hope punishments aren't automatic. I the Sims 3 I made the kids dad homeschool his children with a max level logic he would just tutor my kids to keep their grades up and didn't bother sending them too school since it let me do more with my kid Sims. Then I got generations and even though technically the Dad was teaching his kids and one hundred percent alright with them staying home the game always made him punish his kids. It destroyed his relationships with them and totally took me out of my immersion. Not all parents teach the same way and having the game assume what your Sims want to punish their kids for can ruin some stories.

Exactly. The automatic punishments did not necessarily sit the theme of the family. Sometimes I want super strict parents, sometimes I want families that run wild, and I don't want the game to decide when my sim kids and teens are grounded or denied privileges.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    More family aspirations would be great too.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the trailer. All the hints to school stuff, the toddler, child and teenager and the logo of the game pack. The way the child is standing in front of the parents remembers me of the icon for the 'Grow Up' aspiration of The Sims 2. That last one really made me believe that growing up is going to be the theme of this pack.
    I really hope the trailer about this GP coming very soon, it's too difficult to wait. :cold_sweat:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's a solid theory, imo. Guess we'll see.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    What does mean ''imo'' ? :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    I wonder if the teen studying and the parent talking to their child is a hint for homeschooling? If so, that would be awesome! I'm glad it's focused more on the meaningful side of family. :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    What does mean ''imo'' ? :open_mouth:

in my opinion