Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uhh...how can I avoid vampires?

justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
I was trying to go into buy mode last night, and it was greyed out because 'a vampire is breaking in'. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Also, the vampire entered the house, snuck downstairs, and started playing a game on the computer. Not sure why.
wr7jm5.png&quot

Comments

• King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    If you skill up on your vampire lore you will be able to make garlic garland. There is also a garlic scented mirror that you can hang by the front door that may help :)
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Yeah, this is a one time event that happens Adkins the time you start the game, it shouldn't happen a second time
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I wonder how they break in if you put your doors and windows in the family inventory each night?

I wish I had tried that in TS3 to see how a burglar got around that little nugget of joy.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Do you use mods? These two will protect your sims!

Neighborhood Protection
    No vampire tutorial

I use them both and my "normal" games are mostly vampire free. I only see caleb and lillith zipping around town sometimes.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    ....You brought the vampires pack, but you want to avoid vampires? O_o?
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I've never had a vampire try to break in and I've had the pack since it came out.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I also never had a vampire break in I had to use cheats to make a vampire :|

But if you don't like vampires try using the mods that might help.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

I bought it for the furniture. lmao
    wr7jm5.png&quot

Wyrren wrote: »

Neighborhood Protection[I /url]
    No vampire tutorial

I use them both and my "normal" games are mostly vampire free. I only see caleb and lillith zipping around town sometimes.

I do! Thank you :)
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• nightflower284nightflower284 Posts: 660 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »

Neighborhood Protection
    No vampire tutorial

I use them both and my "normal" games are mostly vampire free. I only see Caleb and Lillith zipping around town sometimes.

I have both of them. It was working well at first but with all the update, it lost it power that the human sims is no longer safe. In sims 3 there was an option for vampire or not. But maybe during that time, they weren't attacking people in their homes.
    "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel. But it is life." Auron to Tidus-FFX

MY ORIGIN ID:cth284
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've never had a vampire try to break in and I've had the pack since it came out.

Same here (well, since I restarted my game). I simply left Vlad standing at the door and never researched vampires. Never had a break-in.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I know what you mean.it's not the first time this last week saw a thread poster wanting to avoid using the vampire features in the vampire pack :#

I guess like the other poster they wanted the pack for the content.

If people don't want it's features they should sonsider removing the pack or use a mod.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I get them rarely but when I do, I just lock the doors. Those buffoons don't even have a key! Stumps them every time.
    6riwm5.png
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I know what you mean.it's not the first time this last week saw a thread poster wanting to avoid using the vampire features in the vampire pack :#

If people don't want it's features they should sonsider removing the pack or use a mod.

Well, I've said this in a couple of this type of threads before: I both wanted vampires and didn't want vampires. I really want to play with these cool immortal and powerful creatures, but on the other hand, I also like to play with human sims and in those games I don't want them to be attacked by vampires (one reason being that I like to keep those games kind of realistic with no vampires or aliens in them).

I had that same thing in TS3. I had a separate game for vampires and other supernatural beings and I had all the supernaturals switched of in all other games. So, while I think the new vampires are better than the ones in TS3, I really miss the chance to just not have them in every game without being constantly deleting them.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    I like the vampire pack (the reason I bought it) but I don't always want to play with them. Like kati77 I have several games. My vampire dynasty is completly different to my human family tree and I don't want the vampires to be in my human game. At TS3 I was able to put off the supernaturals, so the only supernaturals ingame were those I placed there by purpose. I would wish to be able to turn them off in TS4, too. Otherwise I have to think twice about buying other supernatural GP's in the future (who sure will come).
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    How often do you guys experience vampire break-ins? Because it's not common on my game. Also it's pretty easy to ignore, they come and go fast, leave a fairly easy to overcome bad moodlet and that's about it. I don't think it's that invasive, just pretend it did't happened to keep the realism? Idk. Dress them like burglars and delete a item for extra challenge :D

They're not invasive like aliens, for example. I love aliens, but I gotta admit they were intense. 6 hours (I think?) of your sim gone from abductions and a pregnancy to deal with until you can send the baby back home. Now that was hard to ignore.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Vlad got into my house, while my Sim was sleeping. I got lucky and spotted him on my lot (kicking over my trash can), and I immediately woke my Sim up. I knew about Vampire attacking sleeping Sims both from the forum and afew videos on YouTube. Well, after he kicked over my can, he turned into a bat and flew into my house and started using the computer!

I'm not sure if waking her up saved her from a Vampire attack, or if Vlad was just intending on just being a rude house guest. :neutral:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've found locking doors at night to be effective.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Some of us want vampire play in some saves (I have a Sim that's studying to be a vampire hunter in one of my saves), but not in every save. And deleting the premades doesn't work; the game generates more though they don't seem to be the type that do the random break-ins -- the only one I've seen do a random midnight visit is Vlad and that was only in one save. An on/off switch in Game Options (like we eventually got in Sims 3) would be ideal -- of course it was worse in Sims 3 because that game changed random townies into occults so I'd go visit the Keatons and find that Marty was now a vampire. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member

Some of us want vampire play in some saves (I have a Sim that's studying to be a vampire hunter in one of my saves), but not in every save. And deleting the premades doesn't work; the game generates more though they don't seem to be the type that do the random break-ins -- the only one I've seen do a random midnight visit is Vlad and that was only in one save. An on/off switch in Game Options (like we eventually got in Sims 3) would be ideal -- of course it was worse in Sims 3 because that game changed random townies into occults so I'd go visit the Keatons and find that Marty was now a vampire. :|

Actually, unfortunately, it's not only Vlad, who does those random break-ins. In my human game I first deleted all the known vampires, but still the game occasionally spawns new vampires (usually elders) and they break into one of my family's penthouse. But now that I've learned it can happen, I just save, when my sims go to bed, and if the vampire breaks in at night I check it's name, quit the game without saving and then start again and go to manage households to delete the vampire. I've had to do that three times by now.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited August 2017
    If you have the pack you will have Vampires. - Unless you use Mods. - Locking bedroom doors seems to stymie them. This does seem to be a rare occurrence, tho.

My system for tracking Vampires is to play with Vlad and have him form a Vampire Club. I add all the "Not in World" Vampires to the club and can then identify them out and about. (I mark Vlad as unplayed once I've got the Club going.) Afterwards, if I get the "Vampire breaking in" notice I can usually find the Vampire, chat with them a bit and that - most times - fixes the problem.

Just because it amuses me: My Scientist Sim sells "Sim Rays" in her retail shop. When the Vampires come around you can cause them to "sleep." She also sells Vampire Cures, but you have to win a fight with the Vampire before you can use it. And they're expensive.
  • MountainMamaof4MountainMamaof4 Posts: 200 Member
    I put fences around my lots & lock those gates! I still get the "vampire breaking in" notice but they never get past the locked gate. They'll stand there all night until the sun comes up & they start to sizzle....then they'll take off!
    Loving Helpmeet To: Bryan (40 yrs.)
    Proud Mama To: BJ - 36, Angel - 32, Kathy - 28, & Shaun - 25
    Caring Grandmother To: Rafael - 9, Nadya - 7, & Bruce - 4
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No sure if anyone said this, but I have buy debug on, and the garlic wreath and garlic braid are unlocked. So I place one or the other at the front doorway and haven't had any vamps bother my sims since. Though, I will say that Vlad hangs out in front of my Not So Berry challenge house, because he is obsessed with my sim Pattie. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2017
    Simply raise your house foundation then there should not be worry about Vampire break in!
    Maybe ask a Vampire to move in with your sim is a good idea too, BIG NOTE: GORGEOUS LOOKING IS A ABSOLUTE MUST
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    edited August 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »

Same here (well, since I restarted my game). I simply left Vlad standing at the door and never researched vampires. Never had a break-in.

But Vlad is a vampire?
    Nevermind. I got what you were saying lmbo
    wr7jm5.png&quot