Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Careers & Aging

I've been playing and started to wonder, more so as I have read how some have said they never had a sim reach the max lvl in any Career...

I am playing a sim who is supposed to be a pauper, but the game would be dull with no career so he's in the astronaut career, JUST hit lvl 9; an Adult with 6 days till elder... About given the in game day (Wednesday or Thursday..) he has 3 days or more in the day span...
I got to thinking how in the Young Adult stage I had used a 'Youth Potion' about 8 days til adult once...

Anyhow, I am getting to wonder when playing on 'normal' age span, how often do YOU get a sim from lvl 1 to lvl 10, no reward trait or Teen age high grade to start a career at a higher lvl in their life span? And ever before elder..? I'm thinking it only naturally happens only by having your sim work hard each day they go to work lol (from my time playing; I THINK I did a lot of it to get my sims there in the past..).. I'm trying to make a personal rule for myself to get each Generational Pauper Sim I play to max their career (only play two where/ when I have a parent Pauper and their Heir Pauper, waiting for the parent one to pass) and also TRY to max 2-3 skills while playing on normal and only ever using MAYBE one Youth Potion if any.
Not important, but still wondering...
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2017
    You can get promoted pretty quickly if you keep all the requirements and needs high. Sending your Sim off in the proper mood also helps. Comedians need to be playful, for example. But it's going to have to be your focus, for sure.

Edit/Addition: I'd recommend using clubs to help boost skills quicker if you have GT. Because you want to focus on maxing a career, that means you'll have less time to spend on skills (because you'll be busy doing whatever daily prepwork for your job instead). This also helps if you want to get promoted as soon as possible, because it's less time you have to wait to reach certain job-related skill levels.

In fact, clubs can make daily life faster in general for you. They help you set it so other Sims cook automatically, or clean, or skill up in whatever they need, all at the same time. Jobs are time sinks so you need whatever you can get, lol. It's why I tend to play my Sims as freelancers instead, writing or painting or whatever. More time outside of 'work' to do things.

But that's just my thoughts. Don't have to use them if you don't want to. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I usually can get a sim to max a career at some point during the adult life stage, but some careers are more difficult than others, I've noticed, so it varies. My strategy is to try and skill them up to the correct skill level ASAP and to do their daily tasks/get them in the correct mood before work, and once they're at work, I have them work hard.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's totally doable. If your sim goes to work with full needs, and at least a 3-4 hour buff on the emotion they need, and you make them "work hard" every day and do all their work tasks, you should be getting promotions every two work days. When they give you those silly work events that could go either way, it might set you back a day if you get a performance loss but even then you should still reach max way before becoming an elder.

and in addition to what @TheGoodOldGamer has said regarding clubs, if you start a gathering before work and set a club vibe, you can also take advantage of the emotion boost, to be in the right emotion for your entire work day. But even if you don't have GTG, it's just kind of helpful, you can reach level 10 without it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2017
    You could also use the bath tub. I soak my sim in the "Citrus" one, gives them an 8 hour focused buff (they have others to choose from besides citrus, focused is the citrus one you would need though). Give it to them before they leave for work and it usually last an 8 hour shift, LOL. I make sure all the needs are filled too. My Dr. needs this to get thru the day, and I put her tablet in her inventory to fill up the fun need because it goes down quick. But since you have an Astronaut Career, you can't go to work with them so a tablet would do you no good :D

I use to try to wait a few days and build some skills up first, but playing normal, I just get them started in a career right away!

Edit: Oh, the soaks costs about $30 I think?