Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Functioning cafe at the gym

Does anyone know if this is possible? Going to the gym or pool or park or anything seems a little empty when you can't double it with having a little something to eat. Now I know you can add the food stalls that came with City Living, but can I get a functioning cafe? A food stall just wont vibe well with my gym.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    I've always wanted this as well..I mean there are some gyms that have a place where you'd think they sell food but its always closed and feels empty, would be nice to work out with a friend then grab a bite to eat.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Right??? I find the loading screens between lots to be a bit time consuming when sims are out in a group so I tend to have them stick to one lot, trying to make each lot a one stop for most similar activities.

I feel like it's a no brainer to have a diner at the pool or a cafe at the gym. Even if there was a mod for this it would be really helpful.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Wasn't there cafe's at the pool and gym areas in sims 3 or is my mind playing tricks on me, I remember one of my sims and his brother would work out and then eat right after on their own in the gym, it was like their thing and it's something they did on their own without pushing them to do so..but that's a bit off topic sorry! Let's hope they add something like this, it would be nice.
    So what would happen if I put a cafe on a gym lot? Could I hire a barista similar to hiring a bartender? I know I created a resto at a pool once and then nobody used the pool. And of course, if you do it the other way the restaurant just doesn't work.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    I have no clue, I never did that yet, but if you do try it let me know if it works or not!
    I'm trying it now so I'll keep you updated. :)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2017
    There's an area with surface and bar stools on the upper level of the gym: My solution to no café at the gym was to put the Get to Work fridge there - and let gym patrons buy food from it. Works just like a vending machine. Although you could take the surface out and substitute a bar there, bar food just didn't seem like something that fit in a gym to me, and besides, then patrons would have nowhere to eat their food.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    You can always hire a barista or bartender at a venue that is designated for other things, but they may not do a lot of work and will eventually leave without being replaced.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    What if you built a restaurant that isn't too big & add a gym room? I know if you make a restaurant, then add a room with a video game console and other things, they'll use it. It won't be a gym and I can't guarantee they'd use the equipment, but I'm just wondering if that's simpler? This way you get the full restaurant experience at least. Or maybe make a bar with a gym? :/
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I once placed a cafe desk at the library. When I hired a barista there everyone wanted to have drinks instead of reading books. The attraction was quite powerful, but I still kept it.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    Wasn't there cafe's at the pool and gym areas in sims 3 or is my mind playing tricks on me, I remember one of my sims and his brother would work out and then eat right after on their own in the gym, it was like their thing and it's something they did on their own without pushing them to do so..but that's a bit off topic sorry! Let's hope they add something like this, it would be nice.

Aha, there was! I remember those too. I think you can get combined lots with Venue Changer by Zerbu.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I tried having a combined bakery and café, but because the game only generates the same 5 customers over and over it didn't really work.
  • Phoenix_ForcePhoenix_Force Posts: 44 Member
    There is a mod from Cinderelli (Simsinthewoods) that lets you add a Barista, Vendor or Bartender to various lots (gym, library, park, museums etc.). It automatically spawns an NPC. I've been playing with the mod for a few weeks, and recommend it :smiley:
    Origin name: Duuuc
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I still would have liked to see a lot with 2-4 service types, e.g gym + cafe + spa. That would have been perfect in a building in San Myshuno
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is possible? Going to the gym or pool or park or anything seems a little empty when you can't double it with having a little something to eat. Now I know you can add the food stalls that came with City Living, but can I get a functioning cafe? A food stall just wont vibe well with my gym.

There's a number of them out on the gallery that combines spa, gym, pool, café, restaurant, etc.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2017
    There is a mod by Cinderelli that allows this. Read the instructions carefully before downloading!

https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/ts4-download-auto-npcs-barista-and-stall-vendor/

ETA: I didn't realize someone already mentioned it lol anyway I hope the link is useful!
    There is a mod from Cinderelli (Simsinthewoods) that lets you add a Barista, Vendor or Bartender to various lots (gym, library, park, museums etc.). It automatically spawns an NPC. I've been playing with the mod for a few weeks, and recommend it :smiley:

Ooh! where can I find that?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    There is a mod by Cinderelli that allows this. Read the instructions carefully before downloading!

https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/ts4-download-auto-npcs-barista-and-stall-vendor/

ETA: I didn't realize someone already mentioned it lol anyway I hope the link is useful!

Yes! Very helpful, thank you!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif