Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't plant non-tree/flower seeds.

Hi! I just found this bug today when I was playing a new game. I can plant flowers and trees on the ground, but the option to plant isn't there for fruits/veggies/herbs. (Ex: I planted an apple, pear, lily, and snapdragon, but can't plant the onion, basil, or strawberry.) I encountered this when playing with and without mods, on the latest patch. I'm on PC with Windows 7, and have all the DLC other than vintage glamour stuff. The only Sim in my household is a human young adult. I tried moving the seeds around in build/buy to give them plenty of room, but there was no change.

Am I the only one with this issue? Any help would be appreciated :)
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Resetting the folder didn't help, unfortunately. I'll try repairing the game later and let you know if that works!
    edited February 2017
    I hope that repairing the game helps. If the issues still remain, try starting a new fresh save game and test to see if it occurs in that game also.
    Although you have tested with and without mods, try again moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then launch the game and see if the issues remain.
  • StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    I am currently having a similar problem with gardening. The biggest problem is that it will not allow me to graft on to a daisy plant. Other smaller things like the animations for evolving plants are off. I go to evolve a tree and the animation is on a totally different plant. I have tried to repair the game and move the folders but nothing seems to help.
    I am currently having a similar problem with gardening. The biggest problem is that it will not allow me to graft on to a daisy plant. Other smaller things like the animations for evolving plants are off. I go to evolve a tree and the animation is on a totally different plant. I have tried to repair the game and move the folders but nothing seems to help.

Hello @StarWhispers There is an issue where sims are unable to graft cuttings taken from plants that are not on their home lot.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/RE-OPEN-Spliced-Garden-Shoot-inventory-glitch/m-p/3450703#M108

Hello @StarWhispers There is an issue where sims are unable to graft cuttings taken from plants that are not on their home lot.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

All cuttings were taken from my own garden. I have tried with my other plants and tried to fix the problem outside of the game but it has done nothing. Now for some reason my repairman that I hired, that never showed until I fixed the broken item, is not leaving my house. He is literally hanging around my front door and not leaving. I do not know what happened with this last update, although I have seen many others having similar glitches so I will wait for a fix. Also is there a reason that you are pushing others to go to a different website? Is this not the place to talk about these issues? If not I will not post here. I just want to know if these bug reports are being passed on to the devs or just people talking to each other about the problems.

[/quote]

Thank you for your response but I am just going to submit my bug reports directly to the devs from now on. I would rather wait for an email from their team. Good luck with all your endeavors and the other website you keep pushing.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Repairing the game also didn't work. I did discover that I can plant things just fine in planter pots, just not directly on the ground.

Starting a new game after resetting the Sims 4 folder and repairing the game seems to have worked, however. My earlier save is still broken though, even though it was a new game in the latest patch.

@StarWhispers I noticed the evolving animations as well, but it only happens when the Sim starts trying to evolve all the plants without direction (which I greatly appreciate). It doesn't appear that the evolve all function is perfect--they only do 2-3 plants in the area at a time and the sparkling/swirling level up animation is only appearing on the first plant that was supposed to be evolved, but it's functional at least. I haven't noticed the issue with grafting but I haven't really tried it either. As far as websites go, we can't really confirm that the Sims team sees them here or at the answers HQ site, but there's not really anything we can do other than e-mailing them directly which they also may not reply to, but if you want to try it then I wish you the best of luck! They have to be hearing our complaints somewhere, since issues do get fixed eventually. I know on answers HQ there's a resident non-EA poster who tries to help fix/confirm bugs. If there's nothing he can do to help, he adds it to the ever growing list of confirmed bugs.
    Snowie wrote: »
    Repairing the game also didn't work. I did discover that I can plant things just fine in planter pots, just not directly on the ground.

Starting a new game after resetting the Sims 4 folder and repairing the game seems to have worked, however. My earlier save is still broken though, even though it was a new game in the latest patch.

@StarWhispers I noticed the evolving animations as well, but it only happens when the Sim starts trying to evolve all the plants without direction (which I greatly appreciate). It doesn't appear that the evolve all function is perfect--they only do 2-3 plants in the area at a time and the sparkling/swirling level up animation is only appearing on the first plant that was supposed to be evolved, but it's functional at least. I haven't noticed the issue with grafting but I haven't really tried it either. As far as websites go, we can't really confirm that the Sims team sees them here or at the answers HQ site, but there's not really anything we can do other than e-mailing them directly which they also may not reply to, but if you want to try it then I wish you the best of luck! They have to be hearing our complaints somewhere, since issues do get fixed eventually. I know on answers HQ there's a resident non-EA poster who tries to help fix/confirm bugs. If there's nothing he can do to help, he adds it to the ever growing list of confirmed bugs.

Hello
    I am sorry that your old save continues to have the issue. You may need to use the new save game. You could save your sims and save their homes to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

edited February 2017
    Thank you for your response but I am just going to submit my bug reports directly to the devs from now on. I would rather wait for an email from their team. Good luck with all your endeavors and the other website you keep pushing.
    [/quote]

Hello
    The Developers read all the reports both here and on the AHQ EA site. They often comment in threads. The other website is the official EA site for reporting games issues.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2017

Wow! That "other website" is the official EA Answers HQ. The post you were referred to is in the Sims 4 Bug Report section of this official EA website.

You can post your bug reports here, but also having the reports on the other website is a good way to let EA/Maxis know of the problem.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Snowie wrote: »
    Hi! I just found this bug today when I was playing a new game. I can plant flowers and trees on the ground, but the option to plant isn't there for fruits/veggies/herbs. (Ex: I planted an apple, pear, lily, and snapdragon, but can't plant the onion, basil, or strawberry.) I encountered this when playing with and without mods, on the latest patch. I'm on PC with Windows 7, and have all the DLC other than vintage glamour stuff. The only Sim in my household is a human young adult. I tried moving the seeds around in build/buy to give them plenty of room, but there was no change.

Am I the only one with this issue? Any help would be appreciated :)

Some of the landscaping plants have a very big footprint. I had trouble planting, too, just this week. I had to move the plants (such as harvested flower seeds) very far away from some landscaping. Try it in the middle of a field. Some of the new stuff is hateful.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    joleaco wrote: »

Wow! That "other website" is the official EA Answers HQ. The post you were referred to is in the Sims 4 Bug Report section of this official EA website.

You can post your bug reports here, but also having the reports on the other website is a good way to let EA/Maxis know of the problem.

My big problem with that link is it could be used as "Click bait" to get you to download viruses. It has and does happen. That is a big reason I try to avoid going on forums. But unfortunately I can not avoid this forum. Because like so many others I have glitches to work through as well.

Hello
    The Developers read all the reports both here and on the AHQ EA site. They often comment in threads. The other website is the official EA site for reporting games issues.

First problem with that is, although you are well known in the community so that means you are trusted, I do not know you. So to try to get me to click on an external link made me extremely suspicious. External links can be used as "Click Bait" to get people to download viruses, or even just to obtain their IP address. So I never click external links.

Second is: I ended up deleting this character, as not only could I not splice from my own yard, but for some reason the repair man thought it would be an awesome idea and stick around! I mean it too. The guy never left my house no matter what I did :s I told him to leave he didn't. I added him to group and left with him then left him at that place. He was there outside my house when I returned my sim home. I kid you not he was like an true stalker. After playing for about a week (real time) and having that repair man always there coming in and out of my house as he pleased. I gave up. I completely deleted the game and did a full game reinstall. Funny thing is that fixed the splicing glitch too :p
    edited February 2017
    joleaco wrote: »

My big problem with that link is it could be used as "Click bait" to get you to download viruses. It has and does happen. That is a big reason I try to avoid going on forums. But unfortunately I can not avoid this forum. Because like so many others I have glitches to work through as well.

Hello
    The site that is linked to is the official EA Help site. It is understandable that you are wary of clicking on links. There is always the risk of downloading viruses by doing that. There is a filter censor applied to this current forum that helps to prevent links to virus -sites in posts. It prevents those links being posted.
    I would never ever post a link to a virus site. The EA Help site is an official EA site.
    Edit : I was writing the above part of this post at the same time as you were writing your post and didn't know that you had posted a second post.