Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    @Brennachan Thank you! Everything looks amazing so far- all the builds and Sims you put up are super creative. Murkland has been really fun so far (I'm so used to using cheats and living the life in normal gameplay so this is a real challenge not being able to use them)

I reimagined one of my characters just for this universe and I'm enjoying every second of it. (´。• ω •。`)
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    saishou wrote: »
    This is such a cool concept! I'm gonna get to placing all the Murkland lots and households right now! *v*

Welcome to the world of Murkiness, @saishou !
    EA Account: SunReiShin
    @Songwolf666 Thank you! *smears mud on your face as a sign of appreciation* :D
    Keep moving forward.

• BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @Brennachan Thank you! Everything looks amazing so far- all the builds and Sims you put up are super creative. Murkland has been really fun so far (I'm so used to using cheats and living the life in normal gameplay so this is a real challenge not being able to use them)

I reimagined one of my characters just for this universe and I'm enjoying every second of it. (´。• ω •。`)

Have fun! I would love to see screenies, if you get a chance! *smears mud on face in a sign of solidarity* :D
    Murkland is
    ezgif_5_b07d5a4834_by_sai_shou-dbst8hm.gif
    awesome

12 in-game weeks later I'm almost done with evolving the trash plants to perfect and yard-selling fishes and crystals to scrape up the money, bless the table ;n;
    Excited to do the gym and library challenge!
    Keep moving forward.

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Happy you are having fun in Murkland, @saishou ! I always do ;)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited November 2017
    Murkland is
    ezgif_5_b07d5a4834_by_sai_shou-dbst8hm.gif
    awesome

12 in-game weeks later I'm almost done with evolving the trash plants to perfect and yard-selling fishes and crystals to scrape up the money, bless the table ;n;
    Excited to do the gym and library challenge!

@saishou you are doing great! Fast paced too! I am glad you are having fun! Woooot!
    Murkspiration 9

Murky Pets and Mutant Wildlife

Murkland is known for its toxic waters where only bonefish are edible. It’s infamous for its beloved mutant raccoons who are blueish green from radioactivity. Even the bears in Granite Fallout are able to talk. Slowly too, feral animals, once pets, are coming out of hiding and looking for homes in camps and settlements. This murkspiration is all about animals – mutant, feral, tame or strange! For this murkspiration, create anything you like involving or related to murky animals big or small – the animals themselves, where they live, how they survive. You do NOT need the latest EP to play!

Remember you can make a video, create CC, write a story, post screenshots, make a household, build something. It’s up to you!

Use #Murkland and #Murkspiration when uploading to the gallery. Please provide links if uploading to other sites.

23473197_2002208316706275_3114578277217086131_n.jpg?oh=6fe7b5a71801a81bf56f6c1f87f37b00&oe=5AAC962B

• AngelDAngelD Posts: 6 New Member
    Been playing this challenge for a couple of days and have lots of questions about the rules for the first part of the challenge.
    1. What can we buy that doesn't use electricity? I have seen someone mention we can buy a toilet and the rules mention if you fish out a shower you can use it (M,W,F)? Can we buy a sink, shower, garbage can? Stereo? (asking because other lots have this and I'm guess because it's battery operated?)
    2. Can we sell lot items that were not bought? Like the palm trees or the tent if we buy a bed?
    3. Can we replace items that are damaged due to fire?
    4. Are we allowed to rearrange the lot and move stuff around?
    5. When I use phone to travel to a lot inside Murkland can I use the option to bring others with me or do I have to invite them once I get there? Or does it even matter?
    6. For this rule:

For both lots in Acquisition Faction: your sim must have a Level 7 in gardening and a Level 8 in Charisma to visit these two lots. They may become friends with either household if they meet these sims around town but they cannot visit those sims at their homes until the appropriate skills have been met.

What is the Acquisition Faction? And does this mean your starter lot is the only lot when you start and then once Gardening is 7 and Charisma is 8 you add all the other lots? I added all the lots at once because I wasn't sure.
    7. Before your trash plants make fruit, do you have to harvest the fruits from other lots to meet the daily intake quota or does the daily consumption of trash plant fruit start the moment you get your first harvest? If you had the money can you hire a gardener?
    8. Can you sell items from your inventory or do you have to only sell from the shop table?
    9. I understand you can use the bushes and coolers on other lots but can you use their grills, stereos, bars, hookah?
    10. Can you build a house on your own lot (with no electric items)?
    11. When others invite you to festivals/movies/whatever in the city via phone can you go?
    12. Can you get a job?
    13. Can you order fruit starter and herb starter from the planter box to acquire ingredients for deodorant powder?
    14. Can you grow garlic to ward off vamps?
    AngelD wrote:
    Been playing this challenge for a couple of days and have lots of questions about the rules for the first part of the challenge.
    1. What can we buy that doesn't use electricity? I have seen someone mention we can buy a toilet and the rules mention if you fish out a shower you can use it (M,W,F)? Can we buy a sink, shower, garbage can? Stereo? (asking because other lots have this and I'm guess because it's battery operated?)
    2. Can we sell lot items that were not bought? Like the palm trees or the tent if we buy a bed?
    3. Can we replace items that are damaged due to fire?
    4. Are we allowed to rearrange the lot and move stuff around?
    5. When I use phone to travel to a lot inside Murkland can I use the option to bring others with me or do I have to invite them once I get there? Or does it even matter?
    You will be living in a tent and cooking on the grill or eating from the cooler provided on your lot. No bed on your home lot in the starter challenge. {If bills are not paid you must remove the cooler.) No toilet either. the potty bush from Get Together serves are your only toilet at home. No sink or shower but you can use the tarp shower (Outdoor Retreat) if you catch one while fishing. The shower rules of M-W-F do apply. I recommend putting the shower in personal inventory to avoid spontanious use. Yes you can replace things damaged by fire if funds are available. A garbage can is okay but there is one just outside the lot so not really necessary. You can rearrange a bit if you like. As for items you can buy for your lot. Take a look in the Mercantile to see the items available. That will give you an idea of what you can use on your home lot.
    AngelD wrote:
    6. For this rule:
    For both lots in Acquisition Faction: your sim must have a Level 7 in gardening and a Level 8 in Charisma to visit these two lots. They may become friends with either household if they meet these sims around town but they cannot visit those sims at their homes until the appropriate skills have been met.
    What is the Acquisition Faction? And does this mean your starter lot is the only lot when you start and then once Gardening is 7 and Charisma is 8 you add all the other lots? I added all the lots at once because I wasn't sure.
    All lots and Murkland residents are placed before you start the challenge. The Acquisition Faction are the two lots at the top of the map where the Cliff Dwellers and the Salamanders (Mayor Epoch's family) live. These households are the 'Upper Crust' and wealthiest households in Murkland.
    AngelD wrote:
    7. Before your trash plants make fruit, do you have to harvest the fruits from other lots to meet the daily intake quota or does the daily consumption of trash plant fruit start the moment you get your first harvest? If you had the money can you hire a gardener?
    No gardener allowed. However you can form a group with your visitors to garden together. There are Trashplants on every lot so yes you can help your neighbors take care of their gardens and get a few Trash Plant fruits as a token of their gratitude.
    AngelD wrote:
    8. Can you sell items from your inventory or do you have to only sell from the shop table?
    Unfortunately the Street Sale Table is 'broken' and cannot be used to sell anything right now. @Brennachan has stated in our Facebook group you can sell from inventory.
    AngelD wrote:
    9. I understand you can use the bushes and coolers on other lots but can you use their grills, stereos, bars, hookah?
    Yes but be aware that cooking n another lot may result in being chastised for inappropriate behavior. :) Unless you have the Always Welcome reward.
    AngelD wrote:
    10. Can you build a house on your own lot (with no electric items)?
    11. When others invite you to festivals/movies/whatever in the city via phone can you go?
    12. Can you get a job?
    No ... no and no :)
    AngelD wrote:
    13. Can you order fruit starter and herb starter from the planter box to acquire ingredients for deodorant powder?
    14. Can you grow garlic to ward off vamps?
    Per @Brennachan nothing but Trashplants can be planted / grown on your home lot. You must travel to Granite Falls to gather ingredients for the Deodorant Cream.
    edited December 2017
    @AngelD I hope I answered your questions. I have played thru the starter challenge several times now and find it a fun way to play. No worries about questions ... ask away :)
    If you are on Facebook you may want to consider joining the Murkland group there.
    Let us know your Forum or Origin ID when you join.
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
    @AngelID
    When I use phone to travel to a lot inside Murkland can I use the option to bring others with me or do I have to invite them once I get there? Or does it even matter?
    Missed this one.
    The phone is supposed to only be used for travel to Granite Falls.
    If you want to travel with other Sims inside Murkland you can just go to Map view and select other Sims to come along.
  • AngelDAngelD Posts: 6 New Member
    @EuphorialQueen Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, I do not use Facebook, so I can't see the page. I didn't know about the map view thing, I always used the phone to travel. Yeah it is unfortunate I tried to sell stuff on that shop table but no one was buying anything so I figured it was broken. Aww shucks, gonna have to start over again. But it was sure amusing watching sims knock on my outhouse like it was a front door.
    AngelD wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, I do not use Facebook, so I can't see the page. I didn't know about the map view thing, I always used the phone to travel. Yeah it is unfortunate I tried to sell stuff on that shop table but no one was buying anything so I figured it was broken. Aww shucks, gonna have to start over again. But it was sure amusing watching sims knock on my outhouse like it was a front door.
    :lol: I laugh every time that happens. My Sims usually start on empty lots and an outhouse is the first enclosed space they get. I just put a door on one wall at the front of the lot as the front door.
    There is a thread at AnswersHQ [OPEN] [CL] Yard Sales not working anymore that I am tracking. Neither the Yard Sale table nor the Street Gallery items work right now.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Welcome to Murkland, @AngelD ! I hope you have fun getting murky. ;)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• AndeezAndeez Posts: 1 New Member
    Started the Murkland Challenge last month. It has been fun and almost have all my trashplant at perfect. Had to get my simself a dog. My simself looked so lonely. Within the first few days I killed off the head vampire at the Pufferdome. He didn't eat the fish. The sun got to him. That's what I get for walking away.
    Andeez wrote: »
    Started the Murkland Challenge last month. It has been fun and almost have all my trashplant at perfect. Had to get my simself a dog. My simself looked so lonely. Within the first few days I killed off the head vampire at the Pufferdome. He didn't eat the fish. The sun got to him. That's what I get for walking away.

Shucks, I hadn't even considered getting a pet for the challenge now that Cats and Dogs is out!
    Keep moving forward.

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hello! I'm excited to start this challenge - looks so much fun! Not to get ahead of myself - and apologies if it's somewhere obvious as I've not been through all 67 pages of this thread :p - but is there a list somewhere of the other challenges when Challenge 1 is completed?
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello! I'm excited to start this challenge - looks so much fun! Not to get ahead of myself - and apologies if it's somewhere obvious as I've not been through all 67 pages of this thread :p - but is there a list somewhere of the other challenges when Challenge 1 is completed?

At the start of this thread are the rules for the two sidestep challenges for the gym and library you can do before part 2 but they are optional. Here's the link to the two paths for part 2 depending on whether you paid the bills in part 1 or not.

Did not pay the bills
    Paid the bills
    There's also an alternate zombie one if you die in those... I haven't done these yet.

At the start of this thread are the rules for the two sidestep challenges for the gym and library you can do before part 2 but they are optional. Here's the link to the two paths for part 2 depending on whether you paid the bills in part 1 or not.

Did not pay the bills
    Paid the bills
    There's also an alternate zombie one if you die in those... I haven't done these yet.

Ah, thank you very much - bookmarked :)
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Ah, thank you very much - bookmarked :)

You're welcome! Have fun getting murky! :D
    Posted 15January 2018 by @Brennachan
    Update Vending Table:
    For challenges where you have to use the vending table to sell, you will need to either sell out of your inventory OR if that is not possible, like with food, then make the dishes and go to various lots to drop them off like a gift. This is the workaround for now.
    Update Pets:
    When pets get sick you can either go to a vet clinic in Nukecrest (you will have to add one there), or add the 25 wellness treats cache to your home lot. If you choose the second option, you can either keep the room intact, making the treats more expensive (the more difficult, more expensive option) or you can delete the room once you retrieve the treats (the cheaper, easier option).
    Here is a cache of 25 wellness treats. If you don't delete the room, the cost per treat is about 81 Simoleons. If you want cheaper treats, remove them from the room and then delete it.
    I made this because you cannot buy wellness treats at the store and the vending machine doesn't work there either.
    25 Wellness Treats Cache
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ED35C132F98E11E780EEE5E9CE364264
    Deodorizing Cream by Brennachan
    50 Excellent Deodorizing Cream containers for your off-the-grid sims to get clean.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/930B2842ECAF11E7825B4CCCC2B386C8
    Herbalism Recipes by Brennachan
    All herbalism recipes as bestseller books.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B5E2C65EEA9C11E78ECC1ABA89D9A6D9
    Are we allowed to have the new washtub (manual, not electric :D ) and drying line that are coming with the stuff pack tomorrow?
    Are we allowed to have the new washtub (manual, not electric :D ) and drying line that are coming with the stuff pack tomorrow?
    @Brennachan posted in the Facebook group that she will be testing them before deciding :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top