Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    *comes running in shouting (sorry for the noise everyone) @Rainydayz179 You're HERE!! <3<3<3<3

UHHH I mean Murkland :) We also have a Murky FB group :)

Meh, yea I saw that about the FB group. I've shunned Facebook. Shunnnnnnnnned! I wish I could make a profile for Rainy cuz my family drives me nuts on mine. :#
    Yay! I played for awhile last night and wrote my first chapter if anyone wants to see me trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing.

Chapter 1.1: Rainy Dazed

02-26-17_12-32-37c2a0am.jpg?w=768&h=434&crop=1
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    *comes running in shouting (sorry for the noise everyone) @Rainydayz179 You're HERE!! <3<3<3<3
    dark2010.jpg
    Hey ... that looks like the guy who took my red Swingline Stapler >:)
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    @tammyjo329 -- YAY!!! Woooot! You finished! I am dilgently working on testing Challenge 2 as well as finishing some builds for Murkland. I hope to finish soon!

@Kittenayngel -- it was difficult to lose the fur baby. He was a feral so we weren't as close as I am with my pets, but it was so difficult to put him down. I just take it day by day, but thank you so much for asking!

@Pebblycat -- sounds like things are going great with your alien child! Awesome!

@EuphorialQueen -- thank you for the info! I didn't know that! I thought they would get taken away if they had bad grades!

@Rainydayz179 -- YAY! A new Murklander! Yes, if someone drops trash you can use that. It's easier to have the trash drop on the ground by you or someone else if you have no trash can though they will through it in the fire if it's burning! Acquisition Faction are the two large lots at the top of Oasis Springs. I have only uploaded Cliff City and the Cliff Dwellers. I will upload the other lot in this group shortly. As for use of the vending table, I found that my sim had to bring her own table with her to a lot and use it. Any tables that I had placed, were not usable to my sim except the one that she brought in her inventory.

@Rainydayz179 -- good to know about the teens and school. I thought their grades would keep dropping and they would get taken away.

@lisabee2 -- thank you for your continued support on the challenge and for letting peeps know about it! You are doing fantastic!

Raccoon hugs and hip bumps for all! Happy Sunday!

Brennachan wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 -- YAY! A new Murklander! Yes, if someone drops trash you can use that. It's easier to have the trash drop on the ground by you or someone else if you have no trash can though they will through it in the fire if it's burning! Acquisition Faction are the two large lots at the top of Oasis Springs. I have only uploaded Cliff City and the Cliff Dwellers. I will upload the other lot in this group shortly. As for use of the vending table, I found that my sim had to bring her own table with her to a lot and use it. Any tables that I had placed, were not usable to my sim except the one that she brought in her inventory.

@Rainydayz179 -- good to know about the teens and school. I thought their grades would keep dropping and they would get taken away.

The confusion over the trash was because I saw someone mention a trash can and I didn't see one on the lot. For some reason, I was thinking that you had to use trash from a can. My sleepy brain I suppose.

I can only get the table to work on my home lot. No clue what I'm doing wrong but it's fine for now I'll just use it there and guard my piles of trash.

As to not going to school... their grades will drop until they get an F. You'll get constant calls from the principle that you can't ignore but there are no other repercussions beyond that.

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    The confusion over the trash was because I saw someone mention a trash can and I didn't see one on the lot. For some reason, I was thinking that you had to use trash from a can. My sleepy brain I suppose.

I can only get the table to work on my home lot. No clue what I'm doing wrong but it's fine for now I'll just use it there and guard my piles of trash.

As to not going to school... their grades will drop until they get an F. You'll get constant calls from the principle that you can't ignore but there are no other repercussions beyond that.

There is a trash can on the lot but you need to activate MOO before placing the lot. Where it is positioned when it was built seems to disappear if moo isn't activated before placing the lot.
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Rainydayz179 - oh I finally used the table on my site - it was really cool. Did it on a sat, and had 2 yard sales one after another. And people stopped by! I sold all the little statues I found at a 50% mark-up. Yeah! I have never used that table before, so it was kind of cool! Of course, people visiting my lot tried to pick up my wanna-be trash plants and put them in the garbage...No, stop...come here....look at my table! lol I am on the hunt to find 1 herb (I think it's parsley) to make my deodorant cream! Yes! If there is one aspect of this challenge that is hard is raising 16 trash plants from scratch. I am doing well on Friend of the World Aspiration and making money, but those darn trash plants! Ugh!

@Brennachan - ok when is part 2 coming on -- the gym challenge? Yippee! Excited!
    @Rainydayz179 @Brennachan @lisabee2 and all the other Murklanders out there...I am just testing right now, and haven't taken any screenshots, but I think I will re-start from scratch and make a story out of this. I am having such fun with it!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 - oh I finally used the table on my site - it was really cool. Did it on a sat, and had 2 yard sales one after another. And people stopped by! I sold all the little statues I found at a 50% mark-up. Yeah! I have never used that table before, so it was kind of cool! Of course, people visiting my lot tried to pick up my wanna-be trash plants and put them in the garbage...No, stop...come here....look at my table! lol I am on the hunt to find 1 herb (I think it's parsley) to make my deodorant cream! Yes! If there is one aspect of this challenge that is hard is raising 16 trash plants from scratch. I am doing well on Friend of the World Aspiration and making money, but those darn trash plants! Ugh!

I really enjoy the yard sales on the table as well. I've never done it either, as anyone who's read the blog posts know from my confusion. I didn't think things would sell at a 50% markup. I'll have to try that! I have a strategy for the sims trying to mess with my baby trash piles. It'll be in my post today but mostly I've learned if you start a conversation with them they'll stop in their tracks. So I have to keep the view of the lot sorta zoomed out so that I can see these annoying do-gooders.

The parsley grows in the deep woods with the hermit. In the area with the stone garden and in a box by her house. I had to buy it from the ranger station though because I ran out of time. This is better than buying herb packs since you never know what herbs you'll get.
    I am just testing right now, and haven't taken any screenshots, but I think I will re-start from scratch and make a story out of this. I am having such fun with it!

Awesome! Can't wait to read it. I'm having such fun with this challenge. It's a nice break from the goal-oriented challenges with aging on. I can spend as much time as I want just messing around and socializing.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited February 2017

I really enjoy the yard sales on the table as well. I've never done it either, as anyone who's read the blog posts know from my confusion. I didn't think things would sell at a 50% markup. I'll have to try that! I have a strategy for the sims trying to mess with my baby trash piles. It'll be in my post today but mostly I've learned if you start a conversation with them they'll stop in their tracks. So I have to keep the view of the lot sorta zoomed out so that I can see these annoying do-gooders.

The parsley grows in the deep woods with the hermit. In the area with the stone garden and in a box by her house. I had to buy it from the ranger station though because I ran out of time. This is better than buying herb packs since you never know what herbs you'll get.
    I am just testing right now, and haven't taken any screenshots, but I think I will re-start from scratch and make a story out of this. I am having such fun with it!

Awesome! Can't wait to read it. I'm having such fun with this challenge. It's a nice break from the goal-oriented challenges with aging on. I can spend as much time as I want just messing around and socializing.

Yeah me too. I've been thinking of re-doing/starting over, I had so much fun with it the first time. I might even play Dusty this time, since we seem to have some time before the next challenge comes out. Not sure if I'll do a story or not. I'll have to make-up my mind before I start over again! :smiley:
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Yeah me too. I've been thinking of re-doing/starting over, I had so much fun with it the first time. I might even play Dusty this time, since we seem to have some time before the next challenge comes out. Not sure if I'll do a story or not. I'll have to make-up my mind before I start over again! :smiley:

If you decide to write about it I'd love to read it! It's so nice having a challenge that I can just mess around and not really stress over anything trying to get to an end-goal. Even though we have goals we have to achieve I feel like I can take my time and have fun since I opted to keep aging off. I've already gotten enough points that I would have been able to buy the potion of youth though.
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Feel free to post your stories or links to your stories here on this thread. I would love to read any that are made!

You can mark up your finds if you wish. I didn't make a rule about that but I can if it makes it too easy.

For the table to work on other lots, you put it in the sim's inventory and then place it where it will fit on another lot. Make sure you have things in the inventory to stock it with and then stock it once you have placed it on the lot. Don't forget to take your table with you!

Use MOO on all the lots. I use MOO a lot in building. The Engine Family Bunker seems to have two toilet bushes missing that go at the very front of the lot on either side, in the corner. Sometimes trashcans end up missing as well.

I'll have to make a rule about going to school for the second challenge! Thank you for all the info around that!

I'm glad everyone is having fun! That's the key!

Raccoon hugs for all! And have a MURKY day!
    Since we can post our chapters! Here's yesterday's and today's. I need to play today if I will have one tomorrow...

Chapter 1.2: A Quest
    02-26-17_10-14-24c2a0am.jpg?w=300&h=172&crop=1

Chapter 1.3: Hands Off My Trash!
    02-26-17_12-34-00c2a0pm.jpg?w=300&h=172&crop=1

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    dark2010.jpg
    Hey ... that looks like the guy who took my red Swingline Stapler >:)

HA HA HA I am rolling!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @Rainydayz179 @Brennachan @lisabee2 and all the other Murklanders out there...I am just testing right now, and haven't taken any screenshots, but I think I will re-start from scratch and make a story out of this. I am having such fun with it!

Awesome .. I will read it :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @tammyjo329 -- YAY!!! Woooot! You finished! I am dilgently working on testing Challenge 2 as well as finishing some builds for Murkland. I hope to finish soon!

@Kittenayngel -- it was difficult to lose the fur baby. He was a feral so we weren't as close as I am with my pets, but it was so difficult to put him down. I just take it day by day, but thank you so much for asking!

@Pebblycat -- sounds like things are going great with your alien child! Awesome!

@EuphorialQueen -- thank you for the info! I didn't know that! I thought they would get taken away if they had bad grades!

@lisabee2 -- thank you for your continued support on the challenge and for letting peeps know about it! You are doing fantastic!

Raccoon hugs and hip bumps for all! Happy Sunday!

*hugs :) you are more than welcome @Brennachan <3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    OH and a quick BTW .. @Pebblycat meet @Rainydayz179 ... she is UFO cursed too LOL SMH
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

@Brennachan - ok when is part 2 coming on -- the gym challenge? Yippee! Excited!

I just read where I have to start over on my trash plants .. I only have one that I did not plant from the fruit of the original .. back to the old drawing board LOL .. I am thinking of spending a bit of my hard earned cash and putting fence around the trash piles so no one .. including her .. can clean them up. Even the dang vampires clean up at night!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    OH and a quick BTW .. she is UFO cursed too LOL SMH

Oh no! hahahaha!
    I just read where I have to start over on my trash plants .. I only have one that I did not plant from the fruit of the original .. back to the old drawing board LOL .. I am thinking of spending a bit of my hard earned cash and putting fence around the trash piles so no one .. including her .. can clean them up. Even the dang vampires clean up at night!

I think I'm up to 5 hard-earned trash plants now. It's crazy but I'm enjoying the challenge of keeping everyone away from it. :D
    @Rainydayz179 - just read your stories...love them both! Ok, have to work on starting over again! lol Looking forward to more stories and have joined the FB group, too!. Ok, I'm obsessed! hehehe
    @Rainydayz179 - just read your stories...love them both! Ok, have to work on starting over again! lol Looking forward to more stories and have joined the FB group, too!. Ok, I'm obsessed! hehehe

Thanks! Can't wait to see yours.
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Feels like I haven't been here in ages! So much to catch up on :o

I've marked up my items on the table to 200% and stuff still sells :D
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    I've marked up my items on the table to 200% and stuff still sells :D

Wow! I think I'll leave it at 25%. It might sound strange but I don't want to complete all the tasks fast. Everything else I do is so time-driven and goal oriented. I'm enjoying just relaxing and goofing off in this one.
    @Brennachan - Chapter 1 is up. I also did a Brief summary of the challenge in another post. Happy reading!

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-sunday-chapter-1.html

• 14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Erghhhh I wanna play this so bad but I don't have outdoor retreat and I just don't think it would be the same T_T
    B6dXq3o.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top