Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    @Erica87 @TheGeekGamez I've had this hygiene glitch multiple times in different game files to get rid of it i think i repaired the game
  • Options
    @Erica87 i thought i saved the file but then i signed up with the same e-mail?? it's okay that i lost it cause this one is better. Yeah, Akira is pre-made from san myshuno! I swear my sims always get with him. Yes feed Jacques to the cow plant! He's being so annoying in my own game I wish I could have killed him.

I decided to add all of my father's to the plum tree, but now it kind of looks junky. But I like having pictures of all of them, and a little story about how they met Alexandrea. https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#587fd992b12f3732714ed687 That's my plum tree, what's everyone's take do you like having a list of all the father's?
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @marildm Oh that is really unfortunate! Do you have a possible next matriarch in the house?
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    @Erica87 @TheGeekGamez I've had this hygiene glitch multiple times in different game files to get rid of it i think i repaired the game

Did it work? 'cause I tried repairing the game too but I still have the glitch :neutral: should I try repair it again?
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @Erica87 i thought i saved the file but then i signed up with the same e-mail?? it's okay that i lost it cause this one is better. Yeah, Akira is pre-made from san myshuno! I swear my sims always get with him. Yes feed Jacques to the cow plant! He's being so annoying in my own game I wish I could have killed him.

I decided to add all of my father's to the plum tree, but now it kind of looks junky. But I like having pictures of all of them, and a little story about how they met Alexandrea. https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#587fd992b12f3732714ed687 That's my plum tree, what's everyone's take do you like having a list of all the father's?

I wasn't a big fan of how the Plum Tree puts the fathers to the side instead of putting them with their children, so I went with Family Echo instead. It's really easy to use and the layout makes a lot more sense to me.
    You can see mine as a picture in the link on my signature, or this link might take you to the actual tree - I'm not too sure. Does someone mind to check the link and let me know if it works? I usually just post the screenshot photo of it instead. :smiley:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    @VanillaChai it works :smile:

Lilian just had her 4th child/daughter! Yay! Also I've checked and it still says that Lilian has 20 days till she ages up... Do your matriarchs not age up when pregnant too?

• Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited January 2017
    Mareviola wrote: »
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I have found gardening to be more of a money maker, to start off. Once I can get a decent garden going where cowplant seeds grow, the money starts flowing in.

I love gardening too. It could really give you a lot of money and the great thing is that when you change matriarch you don't have to start from zero like the others skills. The garden will give you the same amount of money (or more money if it still can be improved... but my goal is for it to be ready during my first matriarch time). :smile:

For now I decided to go for dragonfruit grafted onto the plants that I need for cooking (tomatoes, carrot etc...) and then when I'm not struggling for money anymore and can have a bigger garden and hire a gardener to go for the cowplant :smiley:

Yep.. exactly. All the grafted plants, the snapdragon, strawberry, and dragonfruit are the money makers for me. It doesn't take much more to get the cowplant once you have the dragonfruit. Just graft the snapdragon on the dragonfuit. Presto, you have the cowberry growing on the plant.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited January 2017
    @VanillaChai it works :smile:

Lilian just had her 4th child/daughter! Yay! Also I've checked and it still says that Lilian has 20 days till she ages up... Do your matriarchs not age up when pregnant too?

Congrats! You are making good progress. My Sims don't seem to age when pregnant either. I like that. Especially for challenges such as this one.

p.s. I changed my avatar.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Erica87 - Thank you! (: I'm super excited as well. She's just so cute; I wish there was more "goofy" traits that I could give her, because she looks like she would be clumsy, goofy, dorky and a unflirty (which is gonna be soo funny trying to get guys to "woo" her).

@XDJSIMMERX - Elizabeth is soo pretty! I love that blonde hair color. ♥

@Fizzstix - Liberty is gorgeous; and I love her name! Super cute.

@SuzieSocks - Oh no! I'm not sure if you fixed the Dad won't go away bug, but I hope you found a solution. :( I'm getting the error where mom wants to just pick up the kids and hold them and stand there and smile. It's like. O_o; errm, okay... lol, I don't know. I keep having to make test saves to see if my game is just completely borked. Hopefully a patch will come soon!

@RubeySim - You're getting that error too? Every time I go into CAS, it says that my toddlers are infants still; and when I go back into game, they're infants, and mom is "pregnant" again with the little one that was supposed to be an infant/toddler by now. D: It's a weird glitch..

@Eminik - Congratulations on having 2 grown kids for the challenge! Hehe. :O! What the ! You got abducted?? My Sim never gets abducted! It's so rare now that EA changed it because it was happening too much in players games. I'm sure your question has been answered, but it's always been that females can't get pregnant from abduction, but I think that's silly and there was a mod for it. Now after the update where women and males can get each other pregnant from the CAS options, I don't know if this changed it. I doubt it. BUT I do know that if a female meets a Sim that is in disguise, you can get pregnant from an alien that way.

@CactiSimmer - Sorry to hear something went wrong with your plum tree account. Wow! Congratulations on #7 and such cute names. And that toddler picture. So adorable! (: Jacques is not a happy ghost! D: He must be upset that she was having some romantic times with other guys. D; Haha at the picture of her walking away from Jacquez being dramatic. Oh wow! Good luck to getting Harley and Jaycee back on that A track! Your Plum tree is looking great so far.

@Erica87 - Aww, I hope Juliet gets something of Josh. Teal hair would be soo pretty! I haven't tried bathing the toddlers, yet.. Are you still
    having that issue? (I know I'm behind on everything, so I apologize if things have been answered already. )

Oh no! Are you having the girl glitch again?? I'm so sorry! This time looked so promising.

@Mareviola - I don't know, I feel like it's just me, but Gardening in Sims 4... is.. confusing, I love it, don't get me wrong, but I definitely feel like I'm doing something wrong. :( It's probably one of my favorite skills along with Cooking/Baking. I'm going to try gardening again.. maybe need to find me a guide or something, lol. Especially now after learning that even though you have a new matriarch, you don't have to start from 0, I didn't know that. Sounds like you got a nice little system for your challenge. Very exciting!

@KraftyKiana55 - Oh wow! How long have you being doing the challenge to get 20-30 kids? Are you still on your first Matriarch, or have you moved onto the last girl she had?

@Marildm - Oh no.. that's no good. Hopefully you have a second matriarch to take over? But if it was an accident (?), I don't see it hurting to age her back down, oh.. I guess that would reset her days before aging huh. Well. That stinks! Do you have another save for backup?Maybe you could go to that one and play it if it's not too far off from where you are currently?

@VanillaChai - Link is working and that's a really nice family tree you got there.

Guys, I have the PGamePackS! (PEPS); ugh. It's soo difficult to play at the moment, because I'm trying to figure some stuff out in terms of game-play. I'm also trying to figure out WHAT the heck I'm gonna do when Vampires gets here. I *NEED* a vampire in my save. At least one. And I hope the baby is a female (so she can be matriarch), because.. haha. I'll probably be spending all my attention on her and make her my favorite and be like, "Oh, sorry rest of Sims family, you don't matter, because. Vampires. " hello. :x.

I'm trying to figure out.. what I should do in terms of the rules for Vampires. I know "realistically" Matriarch cannot be a Vampire because they don't age, however, thankfully EA, put in that we can still age them up with the birthday cake; soo I have this little story idea... that she's "Different" from her other Siblings and well.. doesn't get along with most of them, but one little sibling thinks it's so cool that she's a vampire; and of course, there's some sibling rivalry and what not, but I'm still working on a "story" for them.

I cannot wait for Vampires. Eep! Waiting impatiently for the live-stream tomorrow. D:
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
  • Options
    KraftyKiana55KraftyKiana55 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes we had to move on to the last girl the matriarch she had since she passed away. And I'm not sure how exactly long I've been doing the challenge, but it has definitely been awhile since I started! <3
    YouTuber | KianaLuvsYou44 | 13k+ Subbies

ERM8xAm.gif

• Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    @Erica87 I had the same thing happen in my legacy with the golden hair. The primary spouse had it and passed it onto all 3 children, the eldest passed it onto their 2 children and the heir passed it onto 4 of her 5 children.

@VanillaChai Ya the family echo tree makes much better sense that way, I think I may use that once I get around to making a family tree. Just need photos first.

@OneAdorkableGirl Ya it sucks. I had to redo everything and saved it after I got Rhea pregnant with Marcus Flex and the twins aged up. I'm hoping with the twin boys age up the same doesn't happen but I'm going to save before in case it does, that way I can exit and re-enter exactly where I was instead of having to repeat myself again.
  • Options
    marildmmarildm Posts: 49 Member
    @Erica87 Fortunately I have my next matriarch, she is still a child, but soon will take care of the "position" of her mother hahaha!
    @OneAdorkableGirl Unluckily I don't have another save for backup :c but I have the next matriarch.
  • Options
    @Fizzstix Yep! Another good way is to let the cowplant grow and then sell it! it's like 400 simleon if I remember correctly! :smiley:

@Rawla Yeah It's nice but I was convinced that was a glitch they fixed! Guess that's just part of the game. Great. :wink:

@OneAdorkableGirl Gardening it's great! It looks confusing but once you get it's very easy! If you want a garden for money, it's like @Fizzstix said: get the snapdragon and the strawberry. Once you get to level 5 you can "take cutting" and "graft". So what I do/planning to do is to "take a cutting" of the snapdragon and then graft it onto the strawberry and it will create a split plant with Snapdragon, Strawberry and Dragonfruit. Then once I harvest the Dragonfruit I'll plant it and once it grow I'll take a cutting of it and graft it onto the Snapdragon and you have a split plant with Snapdragon, Dragonfruit and Cowplant! Once you evolve the plant to level "Perfect" (I believe that's the highest) a single Dragonfruit will sell for 80 and a single Cow berry for 100!! :wink: Have as many slipt Snapdragon/Dragonfuit/Cowberry as your sims can handle! Once you have grafted all the plants (which anyway only needs level 5 of the gardening skill), anyone can harvest it and sell it so your next matriarch doesn't need to actually learn the skill at all!
    Technically you could take a cutting of the snapdragon and graft it on the dragonfruit, it still create the same plant except the first one since it's started as a snapdragon will grow every 36h while the second one will take 80h! So take a cutting of the dragonfruit and graft it onto the snapdragon so you can harvest it every two days! :wink:
    However this is just base game (which is what I have) If you have Get to Work, other money makers are the aliens fruit! The Glow Orb and the Quill Fruit both sell for 100 (in a perfect plant) and the U.F.O. for 120! So getting a rocketship and retrieve them it's totally worth! They take a while to grow on their own but you can always take a cutting and graft them onto a plant that take less (the Outdoor Retreat ones are the best 'cause they only need 18h to grow... don't get the bad ones tho! :wink: I suggest the fireleaf! or if you don't have it, there are several base game that grow in 24h).
    ... it really is less confusing (and less work) than what it looks like, I swear! :blush:

• Options
    @Mareviola Thanks for checking my link for me. I'm glad it worked! :smiley:
    My matriarch doesn't age while pregnant, either. She's several children in and still isn't an adult. I like it, but at the same time it's weird to see so many "baby daddies" get old and die before she does. Plus her kids are passing her in age. Kinda weird lol.
    Also, along with gardening, a great money maker is to find some expensive frogs and keep breeding them with the same type. Each family member can breed them a few times a day, racking up quite a bit of money each day if you remember to do it whenever you can. Even the toddlers can do it!

@OneAdorkableGirl Thank you! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for checking the link for me. I'm in the same boat with the new Vampires pack... I can't wait to play them! I'm okay with not having my matriarch be one, but she'll definitely have some plasma-drinking nooboos.

@RubeySim I've been using Family Echo since my first Sims 3 legacy and I was so excited when Plum Tree came out because it just looked so pretty - I just wish it worked the same way as Family Echo in layout. If anyone knows of any others out there, I'd love to check them out. I was thinking of even maybe making my own with Adobe, but that would just take way too long. Maybe when the challenge is complete. Who knows.

Now I'm off to hopefully get another chapter up. Gotta get my blog caught up with where I am in the game so I can play again!

• Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I've decided I'm just killing off all of the dads from now on via cowplant. Not for the milk or anything, just to get rid of them! They always want to come over or go on a date, and I'm just like no, you don't matter to me at all :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    @Broncos4life Hahaha! Well, that's certainly one way to deal with it.

• Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    I've decided I'm just killing off all of the dads from now on via cowplant. Not for the milk or anything, just to get rid of them! They always want to come over or go on a date, and I'm just like no, you don't matter to me at all :D

BRILLIANT!!!! :smirk:
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

That's one way of doing it. lol
  • Options

Did it work? 'cause I tried repairing the game too but I still have the glitch :neutral: should I try repair it again?

I think it worked but honestly i can't remember. I usually find that exiting the game and reloading solves most of my problems
  • Options
    @Vanilla yes! If anyone knows of any alternative family tree things please share! I like the look of the plum tree but the way the dad's line up in super annoying so I might just switch to Family Echo
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member

Ha! So you're doing the 100 Babies Preying Mantis Challenge. XD
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    @Erica87 I've gone ahead and redone my share thread in the correct section so the link is completely different now. This is the new link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910051/suzies-100-babies-challenge-share-thread

Thanks.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I think it worked but honestly i can't remember. I usually find that exiting the game and reloading solves most of my problems

Ugh.. I now have the hygiene glitch. I was able to bathe one of my twins, but now I can't bathe either. I repaired my game, but still not able. I also replaced the tub.
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    The Hygene glich stopped for me after i reloaded the game. but instead of that i got the baby daddy glich. :'( I managed to kick him out using mc command center cheats though.
  • Options
    Wowza... with all of these glitches and bugs, I guess maybe that's why it took them so long to release toddlers. Perhaps they had even bigger issues than these before that they had to fix before they added it. Hopefully we get a patch soon that fixes everything.

Just added a new chapter - getting closer to catching up to my save! Only 4 or 5 more posts and I should be able to play again. I hope.

I may give in and play tomorrow anyway. I miss my kiddos!