Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Doing this on my Tumblr! It's just occasional updates if anyone is interested. https://thegeeksims.tumblr.com/
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Again, updated the linklist in the first post to acommodate all your links. Please check if you're in there in case I forgot someone.

@mareviola I found you, followed you and added your link! Thanks for linking to the thread on your tumblr, it's something I should do as well. I realize that despite working on it for days I'm still not completely finished with it. I absolutely love your backstory! In my challenge the lawyer of Margo's grandmother mistook a joke in her last will as actual serious requirement and now she's having 100 babies to inherit that luxurious mansion and her grandmother's copious amount of money. However she also likes raising kids so she doesn't even mind that much. If you're still living in that narrow house you'll have to move soon... It can get very cramped with more than 2 children in a small house.
    @lessthanzero1013 I added the link to your youtube playlist as well :smile:
    @XDJSIMMERX Can't wait to see it!
    @TheGeekGamez Welcome and good luck with the challenge! Followed you on your tumblr, your matriarch is super pretty and the father of the first baby has interesting genetics. But why is the baby's skin black? :smiley: Is it just the lighting?

In my game the triplets grew up and are now ready to be moved out. I'm building them a quick house right now, it has just the necessities but also 8 beds for a full household. I have MC command center and so over time the sims in that household will marry or move into other households so I see it as sort of a transitional home. I will place Jaden with his father Johnny Zest because I feel like Johnny is feeling really lonely (he comes over so often, checks up on the kids and so on) and he and Jaden get along super well.

I also decided that I will have Margo own a retail store, which she will go to during the time her children are at school - when she's not spending that time waiting for plants to grow. At this point I'm nearly done building the store, it'll have pretty much a blank interior but the exterior is done and so it'll still take her a while untill she can afford it.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @Erica87 I have an error whenever I try to look at your tumblr, it says your page doesn't exist! :'(
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Okay so the one father that was hanging around is no longer there after his son aged up to a child. But the second father is still around. However I've had a third age up to a tot and his father has yet to show up, so hopefully he doesn't. xD

I had one of my teen sims cooking a grilled cheese while I had a child blowing out birthday candles, and a fire started on the stove. So I paid for the candles, but the fire interrupted everything and the kid didn't actually age up. After I put out the fire and got them all back in the house, I bought more candles and he properly aged up that time. Also, when they spotted the fire, the adults picked up the toddlers and ran out of the house and I just thought that was really endearing. :)
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Erica87 thank you! The reason the baby is black s because the baby's father is black. The man in te picture is the father of baby 2 and 3. They where just born in game and it is hectic already :D
  • FudgsicleFudgsicle Posts: 47 Member
    @Erica87 Thank you for updating this for Toddlers!

P.S you've done a great job laying out the thread :smile:
    Watch me try complete all of the Sims Challenges from start to finish :blush:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCUJb4PoX07uH_iNM1GyJ2mw
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    Repaired my game and that seemed to help my hygiene issue as well as my baby daddy always coming around issue. Not sure about the birthday cake issue as I haven't tried to age anyone up yet but worse comes to worse I'll just have to throw a birthday party every time. Thanks for the tips though!

I've just welcomed my first set of twins to my game, Ann and Kendall. I'm randomizing names and just take the first name offered. It's fun that way. So far I have 5 kids, all girls! Sonya, Kassidy, Maria, Ann, and Kendall. A teen, a child, and 3 toddlers. My house is starting to get crazy! I've updated my family tree up to this point.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    New chapter for the Potter family is up! Check it out here.

I'm so far behind on my blog, so I have to get caught up in the next few days and get some toddler updates in there soon. Luckily, *knock on wood* I haven't had any of the glitches you guys are experiencing yet. I wish I could help you all with the issues. Who knows, though, I may get them at some point too.

Once I'm all caught up with the blog, I'm going to check out our link list and see how everyone's families are doing! :smiley:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Now both my teenage male sims have female voices. xD
  • SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    @lessthanzero1013 I couldn't help but snicker when you were talking about toddlers in the CAS video. Good luck. XD
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited January 2017
    @lessthanzero1013
    I also had to cringe on your behalf. "Good thing there are no toddlers?" Yup. Not anymore. lol :wink:
    @lessthanzero1013
    Hahaha! Nooboos are nothing compared to these toddlers! I hope you're surviving the challenge. I'll have to check out the rest of your videos to see.

• MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @mareviola I found you, followed you and added your link! Thanks for linking to the thread on your tumblr, it's something I should do as well. I realize that despite working on it for days I'm still not completely finished with it. I absolutely love your backstory! In my challenge the lawyer of Margo's grandmother mistook a joke in her last will as actual serious requirement and now she's having 100 babies to inherit that luxurious mansion and her grandmother's copious amount of money. However she also likes raising kids so she doesn't even mind that much. If you're still living in that narrow house you'll have to move soon... It can get very cramped with more than 2 children in a small house.
    lol I love your backstory too! It's very funny XD And yes the house will be an issue very soon I feel... but we have no money at the moment!

@lessthanzero1013 lol I laughed a lot at the "thanks goodness there are no toddlers" too! iconic! Have you changed your mind now that they are actually here or your past self was right? XD
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @XDJSIMMERX The link in my signature still had the old url, I recently changed it and forgot to update that. Thanks for telling me! It should be correct now. I also updated the family tree which was outdated as well.
    @HeyBails Aww, I'm glad the parents look after the toddlers in a fire! I'm also relieved that no further fathers have turned up at your house. Have you tried resetting the one that is still there using 'resetsim firstname lastname'? Brian aged up with a female voice as well, it's clearly a bug introduced with the toddler patch.
    @TheGeekGamez Ooops! Sorry, I got the two mixed up :lol:
    @Fudgsicle Thank you so much :smile:
    @Eminik I linked a thread with solutions that helped me. What I did was having a sim place the cake in the fridge, then I opened the fridge and dragged the cake out on a countertop. From there on out I could place candles just fine. You are so lucky with the names the game generated for you. I could never do it because my sims would end up with 'ethnic' names like Amani. Not that I don't like ethnic names, mind you, but they don't really fit Margo's often redhead blue-eyed children.
    @VanillaChai I love the Potters and I'm reading your blog whenever you have an update, even if I don't comment on it (it gets overwhelming if you're trying to follow 10+ people's challenge stories) and I love the aesthetic of your game :smile: Plus I really like your writing, I think you're doing a fantastic job with your blog. Have I mentioned that I know where all your baby names are from? :smiley: Avid GoT watcher and HP fan here! I'm even caught up on the latest season of GoT, thanks to a binge-watching marathon recently.
    @Mareviola Thanks :smiley: I chose not to mention it anywhere because I wanted to write from the perspective of the player since that way I don't have to write a cohesive storyline and can instead do time skips or mention things that would otherwise be very meta.

I myself am still working on that hostel / temporary home for the kids, that's why there's no direct update right now. I hate building so much, I have no idea why I choose to do it all the time. I'm such a perfectionist, I need to do everything myself and it annoys me to no end :lol:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Mareviola Thanks :smiley: I chose not to mention it anywhere because I wanted to write from the perspective of the player since that way I don't have to write a cohesive storyline and can instead do time skips or mention things that would otherwise be very meta.

I know! I was trying to write the story and I kept going from "I" to "We" to "She" it was very confusing remembering whose perspective I was writing from... but in the end I was like whatever! I'm sure whoever reads understand the struggle the story anyway XD

Repairing the game didn't fix the bath problem... sometime it works and sometimes not. Also the father of my first child was still there and wouldn't leave even with the fridge on lock-down (he keep miming he was hungry). I almost killed him 'cause he was bothering but then he finally left. The weird thing is it's always Travis Scott! In both of my games!
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • FrozenFearlessFrozenFearless Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so much for updating the rules! I've been trying to figure out what to do but thanks to you, I know now!
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thank you @Erica87 the thread looks awesome x x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

edited January 2017
    @Erica87 - Thanks for checking out the Potters and for your kind words. :smiley: I completely understand what you mean about following tons of blogs. That's why I haven't gone through the link list just yet, because I want to get mine up to date before I start really checking everyone's out. I get drawn in and can't stop reading them or looking at the pretty pictures haha. Also, glad to hear that you got the references for the names. GoT and HP are my faves... but there may be a few letters that I'll need to steal from other books, shows, or movies since I'm doing the naming alphabetically and I'm bound to run out before 100. We shall see, though!

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Erica87 - Thanks for checking out the Potters and for your kind words. :smiley: I completely understand what you mean about following tons of blogs. That's why I haven't gone through the link list just yet, because I want to get mine up to date before I start really checking everyone's out. I get drawn in and can't stop reading them or looking at the pretty pictures haha. Also, glad to hear that you got the references for the names. GoT and HP are my faves... but there may be a few letters that I'll need to steal from other books, shows, or movies since I'm doing the naming alphabetically and I'm bound to run out before 100. We shall see, though!

Just to let you know, your blog link and your family tree link in your signature both take you to the same page (your blog) just in case that's not suppose to happen. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo - Thanks for catching that for me! I was half asleep when I updated it and I guess I put the wrong link haha. It should be fixed now.

@VanillaChai You're welcome. I love looking at family trees, so anytime I see one in someone's signature, I check it out. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo - Thanks again! I just checked out your first video for the 7 toddler challenge. Loved it! Very nice house layout for the challenge. It frustrates me to no end when the sims don't listen as well. I want to attempt it, but honestly I'm afraid I'll pull my hair out! Haha. I made a family for it already and tried in a more "traditional" house - and it was not working out. I think I'm going to try the Snow White and Seven Dwarves version made by @Rawla tonight. Rules found here.

@VanillaChai Thanks for checking my video out! Yeah, layout/functionality for toddlers was my main focus. I tend to get upset when sims disobey me! :D:D That Snow White and the Seven Dwarves looks fun, too! I'll have to try that one out, too! Thanks for sharing the link to the rules!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2017
    Anyone else noticing that kids and teens like to do their homework while sitting on toddlers beds? Especially when toddlers are sleeping in them? Every time I ask someone to do their homework it's like they gravitate towards the sleeping babies! I still haven't mastered getting their teachings down yet, looks like it will be a long challenge of letting the toddlers age up naturally. I've officially moved my first child out, Sonya, she's out on her own! I'm getting the hang of at least caring for the toddlers now, 6 children later!

And I don't know what is up with my matriarch but I've welcomed my 6th child as well as my 6th GIRL! All girls! Sonya, Kassidy, Maria, Ann, Kendall, and now Laurel!
  • SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    I posted this on my share thread itself, but I figured I might get an answer more quickly here in this thread: I just realized that there is a separate "Creative Corner" for Sims 4 stuff (not sure how I missed it) and that I posted my share thread in what technically seems to be the Sims 3 Creative Corner (even though it's not actually marked that way). Is there a way to get a Guru to move a thread or do I just need to delete the original and create it again in the other section?
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.