Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    @Erica87 No, there was no option what so ever! I ended up having to throw a birthday party for her so I could age her up. Now I have a teen, a child, and a toddler running around my house plus a very pregnant matriarch. I've been having a lot of problems with uninvited guests as well. My second dad (Marcus Flex) has been coming over a lot and just inviting himself in. Sometimes it's great, because I can get him to take care of the tots while I let my matriarch sleep, but when I'm trying to flirt with a new dad it sometimes hinders my game haha.

I've added a family tree to my signature that will be updated as soon as I can get it updated. :) I'm having a lot of fun with the new toddlers, though at the moment they have to just age up when it's their birthday because I'm trying to figure out the skills. I'm going with the potty skill has to be maxed along with 2 other skills. It's just not happening for me yet.
  • Options
    JazzoholicJazzoholic Posts: 9 New Member
    Well done @Erica87 , the rules look awesome!
  • Options
    JazzoholicJazzoholic Posts: 9 New Member
    Having triplets for my first toddlers has been quite a challenge so far... At least I have teenage twins to help out :)
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Here's my blog link for the 100 Potter Babies!
    https://100potterbabies.wordpress.com/
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Amazing job on the thread @Erica87 ! The layout is very easy to read through and it will be nice to have an active thread again with revisions to rules as we all deem fit. Plus, the addition of the links to check out everyone's family trees or blogs is great. Thanks for doing this for us! :smiley:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    I don't know what's going on with my game but it's bugging out. Father's keep showing up and then not leaving, and I can't even tell them to leave the option just doesn't show up. My first toddler Lloyd needs a bath and i've bathed him twice but it doesn't do anything?? I had to bring my matriarch to the library and make the other sims care for themselves because no matter what happens their needs aren't changing.

I've heard that using the "repair game" option on the Origin launcher can fix these issues. Maybe try that if you haven't yet.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    @Erica87 - I've noticed that the link to my thread just leads back to here. Here is my link if you need it. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909223/suzies-100-babies-challenge-share-thread
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Erica87 - Paige and Percy are so ADORABLE. :) I love their names too. :)

I've started a new save for my challenge.

This is Gemma. I'm really happy how she turned out. I can't wait for her to have some little ones.
    32334159335_db3912603a_c.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Gemma is very pretty. Have fun!
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    SuzieSocks wrote: »
    I don't know what's going on with my game but it's bugging out. Father's keep showing up and then not leaving, and I can't even tell them to leave the option just doesn't show up. My first toddler Lloyd needs a bath and i've bathed him twice but it doesn't do anything?? I had to bring my matriarch to the library and make the other sims care for themselves because no matter what happens their needs aren't changing.

I've heard that using the "repair game" option on the Origin launcher can fix these issues. Maybe try that if you haven't yet.

I'll try it too :smile: can't make things worse after all :tongue:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    @Rawla Thanks so much. ♥
  • Options
    @Mareviola Hopefully it will work to fix your issues.
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    So I've managed to get Don to leave the house, I tried multiple things first but NOTHING worked. So I had her leave the house, taking Don with her, and had her travel back home without him and so far he hasn't made an appearance.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    RubeySim wrote: »
    So I've managed to get Don to leave the house, I tried multiple things first but NOTHING worked. So I had her leave the house, taking Don with her, and had her travel back home without him and so far he hasn't made an appearance.

I have the same thing going on with one of my baby daddy's. He just popped up when the kids were toddlers and refused to leave.

I traveled with him and left him at the bar and he stayed gone a couple days then showed back up.

I just went to manage world, evicted the family and put them back and he was literally still in their kitchen. So I evicted them again, bulldozed the house and replaced a copy of the house and moved them back in. So far, so good. He's gone and hasn't showed back up. I really hope they fix this in a patch, cause if he comes back again... I'll kill him with MCCC.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I have the same thing going on with one of my baby daddy's. He just popped up when the kids were toddlers and refused to leave.

I traveled with him and left him at the bar and he stayed gone a couple days then showed back up.

I just went to manage world, evicted the family and put them back and he was literally still in their kitchen. So I evicted them again, bulldozed the house and replaced a copy of the house and moved them back in. So far, so good. He's gone and hasn't showed back up. I really hope they fix this in a patch, cause if he comes back again... I'll kill him with MCCC.

Oh wow! That's terrible, must be a new glitch :disappointed: I only got a few days before I had another glitch when the second child went to age up out of the bassinet and disappeared. It showed her as baby still but she was missing.

I haven't been playing that long so I've deleted that save a started another one. The only thing I'm going to miss is the garden as the location in Oasis Springs takes awhile to spawn. Oh well.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Oh wow! That's terrible, must be a new glitch :disappointed: I only got a few days before I had another glitch when the second child went to age up out of the bassinet and disappeared. It showed her as baby still but she was missing.

I haven't been playing that long so I've deleted that save a started another one. The only thing I'm going to miss is the garden as the location in Oasis Springs takes awhile to spawn. Oh well.

I've had the disappearing baby, too. I went to manage world, and evicted them then moved them back in. I had to do it twice before it would age the baby up with it disappearing.

We certainly are getting a lot of glitches with this toddler patch. I hope the put out a hot fix to fix most of them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    @ChelleJo Yes! I thought it was just my game being laggy but it does seem like while we got toddlers we also got some glitch issues as well.

Also @SuzieSocks thanks! I always forget about the repair game option, i'm doing that right now. Hopefully it takes care of my issues!
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    https://cactisimmer.tumblr.com Here's the link to my tumblr! i've finally had time to pick a theme and actually make the first post! I'm in the middle of basically moving the updates from the previous thread to it (sorry it's kind of stale stuff at the moment). But soon I should be caught up and able to do real updates!
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Thanks again for the support guys, it's much appreciated! :smile: I updated the links in the first post and I even sorted them alphabetically instead of keeping them in a random order.

@Chellejo I'm going to try and travel but the situation in the house isn't really good for that right now as everyone's needs are in the red. I mean I would've even kind of been ok with it if it was... Say, Johnny Zest. Johnny and Margo had amazing chemistry and he cares so much for his kids, I would've understood that he wanted to stay with them permanently. But Paolo is literally the one guy both Margo and I are pretty indifferent to and due to him picking up my toddlers all the time I start to hate him a lot right now. I can't even kill him because I need him for an aspiration :disappointed:
    @Eminik Oh that is so weird, I wouldn't know why that would bug out. It's probably the newest patch that messed it up but I'm glad you managed to age her up anyways. Your second dad is like my first dad, Johnny comes over about every second day :smile: And of course if you can't finish the skills they'll still age up naturally and that's fine, it's basically a failsafe so that you aren't stuck with them untill you figured it out. So you can take your time getting the hand of the skills, just have them age up in a natural manner meanwhile.
    @VanillaChai I knew I was missing yours... Sorry! Added it now :smiley:
    @SuzieSocks The link was leading to your thread but I forgot the http so it didn't work. It's fixed now!
    @OneAdorkableGirl Gemma looks super sweet, I love the shape of her lips and she looks a bit like a doll :smile: I can't wait to see her babies!
    @RubeySim @Chellejo I tried repairing the game but it didn't help. I'm going to attempt to use MC command center to send him home because he's really annoying me with his constant picking up the toddlers and carrying them into the office schtick. If that doesn't work I'll go through with the eviction / bulldozing but I really only want to do this as a last resort. I think for the missing baby moving them out and back in or going to the main menu and reloading the savefile could've fixed it.
    @CactiSimmer Love your tumblr, added it to the list in the first post :smile:

Gonna head back in game and play some more now! The kids' birthdays will be on the next sim day and then I won't be able to avoid the move-out any further... Argh :frowning:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can happily report that I successfully got Paolo Rocca to finally leave us alone. I just called the simpolice and had an officer arre-... Errh, I used resetsim 'firstame lastname' and then clicked on the MC command center menu, then on cheats and then on make sim leave. And then Juno said goodbye to him and he left! Woo!

Unfortunately however I've noticed that I also have the aging / birthday cake bug. Luckily I found a thread with workarounds, for me placing the birthday cake in the fridge and taking it back out again fixed the bug @Eminik :smile:
    Post edited by Erica87 on
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options

I had the exact same issue with the baby. I just saved and then went to repair the game to try and fix the other problems and it fixed that too.

And yes the garden was what I missed too. Luckily after getting her pregnant with Travis' baby, she traveled to Johnny's house to try and get a romance going so it was ready for the next baby and she ended up spending the next two days at his house waiting for the lemons and tomatoes to spawn!

I think I'm going to start a tumblr for the challenge too... It'll be nice to have memory once it's over. I didn't take any during the first time I did the challenge and by the end I felt a little empty.

• Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    I also have the glitch of one of the fathers showing up and not leaving, nor giving me the option to ask him to leave. I went and repaired my game, but when I played the game this morning, another one of the dads showed up. xD Oh well, they can help with the tots. They sure are a handful!
  • Options
    I made the tumblr but I can't really post links yet :tongue: If anyone is intrested you can find it at mareviola,tumblr,com :wink:

It's not that great looking but I like it! :blush:

• Options
    lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks so much @Erica87 for taking the time to update the rules!! :smiley:

I don't write Simlit or blog, but I am doing this challenge on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested. :)

LessThanZero Sims:
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    I'm so excited that there are updated rules for this! I'm going to start this challenge once I finish my current Legacy!! =D
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762