Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Gigglecake wrote: »
    So, I was thinking about starting a new legacy (mostly vanilla with the exception that there will also be a pet following along with the legacy i.e having puppies for generations and generations). And I thought maybe doing the pen pal thing could add a cool dynamic. Should I go ahead and write up a profile for my Sim and see if anyone is interested in doing a pen pal legacy thing with me? :)

I might jump on this! I'm doing a dogacy, too! It'll probably be a week or three before I'd be ready, but if you can wait, I'd be interested!

And I encourage you to consider having more than one pen pal, too! That way, if I or the other pen pal get distracted for a while, you'll still have someone to write! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    @CathyTea

Oooh! That'd be awesome! Also, the Sim I've made for this legacy is definitely a people person. So, I can see her wanting a few pen pals! :D
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    I've set up Shirley Puggins' Pen Pal Profile!

You can find it HERE
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So, I was thinking about starting a new legacy (mostly vanilla with the exception that there will also be a pet following along with the legacy i.e having puppies for generations and generations). And I thought maybe doing the pen pal thing could add a cool dynamic. Should I go ahead and write up a profile for my Sim and see if anyone is interested in doing a pen pal legacy thing with me? :)

I might jump on this! I'm doing a dogacy, too! It'll probably be a week or three before I'd be ready, but if you can wait, I'd be interested!

And I encourage you to consider having more than one pen pal, too! That way, if I or the other pen pal get distracted for a while, you'll still have someone to write! :)

hey you went with my name i'm the one who called it a dogacy.
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member

Welcome @Gigglecake Definitely write up a profile! It may take a bit, but I'm sure you'll find a partner. I've been toying with adding a new pen pal back into my challenge, but I'm so busy that I decided I should probably wait til after Christmas. My penpal, Charliimae, was forced to write her story without any actual letters from me because I dropped the ball and didn't write back for months on end. (sorry again about that @Charliimae!) I definitely don't want to leave someone hanging again, which is way I'm forcing myself to wait before enrolling a new Sim. But I'm sure there are others out there, just waiting for a new profile to pop up. :)
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Yay!! @AllieMac so glad ur back. I have been following the Ramblers. Dace, His hilariously non-maternal wife and the 5 nooboo's.
    Cannot wait to read his letter. <3

(Navya is turning out to be quite the hoot, isn't she?) Wait no longer my friend...

25. How Trippy (Dear Dusk)

D3Xd7Me.jpg
    When Dace returns from his mysterious ride, he feels one of the puzzle pieces click into place.

Dace thinks he's finally started to unravel the mystery of Dusk's disappearance in... 25. How Trippy (Dear Dusk)

OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

Even though there's no letter this time, Dace is still hard at work trying to rescue his friend Dusk Mann.

26. Searching for Answers
    GqVV8Zg.jpg
    Dace:
    “I have to say, I’m honored that you chose to visit me. I was beginning to think the whole thing was a dream.”

Dace continues on his quest to help Dusk in... 26. Searching for Answers
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @Charllimae The next chapter is up. :)

29. Closure

Just as Diego and Dace are about to go to work, the arrival of a visitor changes both of their plans dramatically.
    gbsxZA2.jpg
    Grimm: “It’s time.”
    Diego: “Already?”

Grimm gravely nods.

Grimm & Diego team up, catching Dace completely off guard in...
    29. Closure
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    AllieMac wrote: »
    @Charllimae The next chapter is up. :)

29. Closure

Just as Diego and Dace are about to go to work, the arrival of a visitor changes both of their plans dramatically.
    gbsxZA2.jpg
    Grimm: “It’s time.”
    Diego: “Already?”

Grimm gravely nods.

Grimm & Diego team up, catching Dace completely off guard in...
    29. Closure

those look like the plants you see in aquarims. i used to have a small one i loved it.

those look like the plants you see in aquarims. i used to have a small one i loved it.

@friendsfan367 You're right! I think we had some in ours as well. Aren't they just too pretty?

@Charliimai @CathyTea I saw you two talking in the comments on Charliiamae's blog about the mail trouble Dusk & Dace were having and realized we had quite a big plot hole on our hands (simply because I wasn't able to write back in a timely manner). So I thought I'd try to fill that little hole in. Hopefully this will do it...

30. At Long Last - Answers

When we last left Dace he had just collapsed after being zapped by Diego…
    wMiz4yM.jpg?1
    As Dace slumps to the floor, Diego’s gaze snaps to Grimm and he jumps up in a panic.

The Rambler's part in Dusk's plight is finally explained in... 30. At Long Last - Answers

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac This is amazing, and very, very beautiful! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Aww thank you @CathyTea. What a great way to start my day!! *hugs*

Since this will tie up the loose ends, it will be my last chapter for the Pen Pal Project. (Dace's story is still ongoing, so be sure to keep reading if you're enjoying his journey :smile: .) While it's nice to complete a project, I'm going to miss it. I definitely plan to do this again though. It was so much fun and great writing practice! Having to adjust my story to respond to the letters really took Cassia and Dace's generations to a whole new level I think. So thank you once again @Charliimai for creating such a wonderful character with Dusk! I would love to collaborate with you again one day. :)

(To get the full story of Dusk, Cassia, and Dace, start at the beginning... 1. Introducing Cassia )

31. A Family Outing

When offered to spend the day down at the festival with his children and mother, Dace jumps at the chance, especially once he realizes Navya will not be joining them because she has to work.
    HKhjwBe.jpg?1
    After a brief discussion, they quickly realize not everyone is in agreement on what to do, so they decide to split up and to meet later in the day.

Dace shares with Cassia what he's learned in...
    31. A Family Outing

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Gonna drop off this letter before heading to bed :)

@rednenemon My letters are getting longer even when I try to make them shorter. :s I hope you don't mind the month long wait! And the length!

Niels talks about The Super Secret Society for Adults in his reply :)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @kkira555 Niels finished his reply to Nova with House Sitting.

This is pretty convenient since I wanted him to get a dog at some point in the story he's in. I've already got plans for the future of this doggo, hehehe
    CathyTea wrote: »

@Gigglecake Well, it took a really long time for my dogacy to get to the point where I had the right person to join the pen pal letter! (My original elder had the long-lived reward trait and lived over three Sim weeks AFTER her lifebar began to sparkle! :o ).

But I'm ready now! Are you still interested in having a pen pal who's part of a dogacy?

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Thanks @simslover163 ! Loooove the puppy photos!
    I wanted to check with your before I respond. Do you want me to keep our letters out of my story's time line, or acknowledge the passing of time? About 3 years have passed in my story since the last letter and I don't want you to feel at all pressured to keep a certain pace!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @Karilan The timing in your story tends to be a bit slower, compared to yours. So, I believe we should keep the letters out of your story's timeline. :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    @Karilan The timing in your story tends to be a bit slower, compared to yours. So, I believe we should keep the letters out of your story's timeline. :)

@simslover163 sounds good! This also means we can keep writing for ages once this gen ends.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Cam writes back to Hunter!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hi! I'd love to join in. I have no idea who I'll choose as my Sim though. :s but I'll come up with something probably tonight!
    Hi! I'd love to join in. I have no idea who I'll choose as my Sim though. :s but I'll come up with something probably tonight!

Welcome, Yay! @TheYayToast ! Glad you'll be joining us! It's possible that @Simslover163 has room for a new pen pal!

i might rejoin. i dropped out because my schedule changed. but the gm who changed my schedule quit. so now i'm cueious if my hours will change. i gotta stop typing in the dark.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2018
    I raise this thread with a letter from Seth to @Scribal_Goddess' Anya.

tumblr_p3zy7fimXk1riev15o1_540.png
    I’m still not sure about the plants that grew in the garden behind the roots, if they were kind or not.

The Garden Behind

And because it's been a while, the index of Seth's letters: Emo Pistols.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Thymeless I finally got Sienna-Lori 7 up! I am so sorry for the long wait. A lot has been happening. I do hope you enjoy! :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Look a PenPal Application! xD
    Chance Keener of my DBG story world is thinking about working on the postcard collection since I've never completed it before. I figured if I have someone to actually write to I'd be more encouraged to actually finish it! :dizzy: I haven't had a penpal since 3rd grade so i'll probably write a little awkwardly at first. forgive me?

I'll try to take a look at participants to see if any jump out. But I'm nervous about picking xD (His first partner is Sunset Valley if that helps anyone pick who'd they like to choose if they want to penapl with him! :D)

Link to the DBG story table of contents