The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• kkira555kkira555 Posts: 102 Member
    @Cement Nova Wrote back to Neils, its a little short, I genuinely didn't realize Vega was in the background of the last picture.

https://kkssimestories.wordpress.com/letters/a-new-friend/
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @rednenemon Ah! Norm finally got a chance to sit down and write Mel!

Norman - Mel 5
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Hey everybody!
    I'm about to write to @kkira555 and Brio, and my post will contain a lot of worldbuilding about aliens. I'm going to put what I'm going to write below in spoilertags so that it can be objected to, since it's something that 1. others may want to use and 2. others may not want to be used. You'll see...
    In Dove's "sector" (multiversal zone, aka "world") aliens do not believe that clones have souls. This leads to clone babies being used for organ harvesting. The practice is frowned upon, but not officially illegal. Cloned babies are also used for the implantation experiments performed in abductions, meaning that if they get sent back they go to the organ farms...
    Due to the way our little multiverse works, this doesn't have to be the case everywhere, but it's really dark so I wanted to get some feedback before I commit to anything like this.
    If I go forward with this plan, Dove's storyline will be that she is now part of a group dedicated to stopping clone exploitation and consent violation via abduction. She will adopt a clone baby into her family and dedicate her life to proving that it's just as human as her natural-born children – that it has a "luos".
    I don't expect too many problems- I just wanted to poll everybody before adding something so dark to our multiverse.

Also @Gilplum I recently visited your blog and all of the pictures are broken...
    41tidg8.jpg
    Hey everybody!
    I'm about to write to @kkira555 and Brio, and my post will contain a lot of worldbuilding about aliens. I'm going to put what I'm going to write below in spoilertags so that it can be objected to, since it's something that 1. others may want to use and 2. others may not want to be used. You'll see...
    In Dove's "sector" (multiversal zone, aka "world") aliens do not believe that clones have souls. This leads to clone babies being used for organ harvesting. The practice is frowned upon, but not officially illegal. Cloned babies are also used for the implantation experiments performed in abductions, meaning that if they get sent back they go to the organ farms...
    Due to the way our little multiverse works, this doesn't have to be the case everywhere, but it's really dark so I wanted to get some feedback before I commit to anything like this.
    If I go forward with this plan, Dove's storyline will be that she is now part of a group dedicated to stopping clone exploitation and consent violation via abduction. She will adopt a clone baby into her family and dedicate her life to proving that it's just as human as her natural-born children – that it has a "luos".
    I don't expect too many problems- I just wanted to poll everybody before adding something so dark to our multiverse.

Also @Gilplum I recently visited your blog and all of the pictures are broken...

Oh, holy cow! I think I want to use this in my Alien Adoption Collab! Let me run it by the group tomorrow to see if this fits with their plans!
    I wanted to have a reason for Septemus and his siblings to be there... and I was going to go for the corny "To teach us how to love" reason... but this one will be even more amazing... I will check with everyone to see if it fits with their plans OK...

Also, I was hoping that Sebastion could write to Dove and Brio (maybe when Sept is a little older) and this would work with that!

I've got to think through the details a bit--and of course, check with everybody, but Wow! This could be super awesome!
    When Dove adopts the baby, are you doing it as part of the Alien Adoption Challenge? If so, wanna join the collab, if we agree with the clone-thing? Also... we could always have some babies as clones and some not... for some reason...

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hey everybody!
    That's awesome and interesting and twisted! I like it.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @cathytea - I have Kaitlin's response to Meadow written, I just need to finish it up. I plan to do that today before we take off for vacation in the morning if at all possible.

And I really, really wanted to gets Newt's reply to Norman but it will likely have to wait until I get back. :( Newt has made so much progress. :)
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

Oh, holy cow! I think I want to use this in my Alien Adoption Collab! Let me run it by the group tomorrow to see if this fits with their plans!
    I wanted to have a reason for Septemus and his siblings to be there... and I was going to go for the corny "To teach us how to love" reason... but this one will be even more amazing... I will check with everyone to see if it fits with their plans OK...

Also, I was hoping that Sebastion could write to Dove and Brio (maybe when Sept is a little older) and this would work with that!

I've got to think through the details a bit--and of course, check with everybody, but Wow! This could be super awesome!
    When Dove adopts the baby, are you doing it as part of the Alien Adoption Challenge? If so, wanna join the collab, if we agree with the clone-thing? Also... we could always have some babies as clones and some not... for some reason...
    I will probably do the Alien Adoption challenge with Dove's adopted baby! I would love to join the collab if so.
    41tidg8.jpg
    Hey everybody!

I will probably do the Alien Adoption challenge with Dove's adopted baby! I would love to join the collab if so.

Awesome ! I can't wait to get a chance to share this idea with everybody! Got a busy day , so I might not get a chance till later!

Hey everybody!

Awesome ! I can't wait to get a chance to share this idea with everybody! Got a busy day , so I might not get a chance till later!

I posted to the challenge collab thread on the forums, so that's taken care of. I put more info there too.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Asaoyoru Darren-Tim 3 is up! So sorry for the long wait! I’ve had it written for about a month now but wasn’t able to get into the game until yesterday to get pictures. I loved writing Darren as always. I hope you enjoy! :)

Also, @cecerose0208 Sienna-Daniella 5 is up! It was such fun writing her again! I think she does some of her typical “give just enough to adequately answer the question but leave them wondering.” I hope you enjoy this letter! I didn’t get to answer everything, but I’m sure those questions will come up again.
    Jasper is writing Seth! Jasper - Seth 6

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    ny275 wrote: »
    @Asaoyoru Darren-Tim 3 is up! So sorry for the long wait! I’ve had it written for about a month now but wasn’t able to get into the game until yesterday to get pictures. I loved writing Darren as always. I hope you enjoy! :)

Also, @cecerose0208 Sienna-Daniella 5 is up! It was such fun writing her again! I think she does some of her typical “give just enough to adequately answer the question but leave them wondering.” I hope you enjoy this letter! I didn’t get to answer everything, but I’m sure those questions will come up again.

Loved this letter!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited July 2017
    tumblr_inline_otckk7c56n1suf0gn_540.gif

The things which are in this world are finite.

Instant Messages In A Bottle
    Letter 13: Forbidden Fruit

@Xantheanmar, Kia's reply is up!

Now I have to... figure out how to link photos from Imgur. Or something. (I used a Tumblr crosspost as a photo repository and... nope.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    Kia has some things to say about Love and Summer @Scribal_Goddess !
    41tidg8.jpg
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm sorry I've been gone. I've been pretty unwell, and unfortunately I wasn't really able to do the whole speaking/writing thing very well. I'm still tired, but at least I make sense again :) I owe letters to people, but I'm goign to try to get them up as soon as possible.
    Lori
    @ny275 I've got most of an Ambrosia chapter rewritten, and a letter for Sienna planned to happen straight after it.
    @sweetnightingale I'll try to get a reply to Tara up within a week if all is possible.
    Steve
    @RipuAncestor as of my last chapter (posted today) STEVE HAS AN ADDRESS so he can finally write to Tad :)
    @peatock did we say I would start or you would? I'm afraid I've completely lost my brain.

Yet again, I'm sorry for vanishing. I hope everyone is ok <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @Thymeless Yay! Steve! Congrats on him getting an address!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @Thymeless hi! You made my day popping in here! So happy to see you !

• ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Thymeless so great to see you! Sorry to hear you weren't doing well- I hope things only get better from here! <3 I'll be looking forward to the ambrosia chapter and the letter! And I plan to read your legacy chapter today when I find some uninterrupted time so I can enjoy. :smile:
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea @ny275 I'm glad to be back :) Fingers crossed things do get better - it's not been a fun time =p I have lots of stories to catch up on, though, so yay for that! Plus, I missed you guys.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    Hi everyone! I am back from vacation and slowly catching up. @cathytea - I owe you two letters and should easily get them done in the next couple of days. It seems like forever since you've heard from Kaitlin and Newt!
    Welcome back, @AudreyFld and @Thymeless !
    My Sims stories:
    edited July 2017
    @CathyTea - Okay! Here is Kaitlin's letter to Meadow - 9! I also updated the links on Wordpress. :)
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @CathyTea - Okay! Here is Kaitlin's letter to Meadow - 9! I also updated the links on Wordpress. :)

Thank you! And welcome back! Hope you had a great vacation! :)

Thanks for updating the links in our collab blog! I'm woefully behind on keeping it updated. The classes I'm teaching finish in two weeks, and then I've got a touch of a break before the fall semester begins, so I'm hoping I'll feel like catching up with organizational stuff then!

I'm looking forward to reading the letter! You're sure at an exciting place in your story! :o

@AudreyFld Great letter! There's so much happening in Kaitlin's life right now!

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm not totally back yet, but I will be in a few days when my finals are over :sob: I'm buried in study guides for classes and trying to get some documents in, but I was able to write bit by bit in between.

@Xantheanmar
    Niels wrote to Aylin finally with A Legendary Gamer. (I took that legendary status literally lmao)
    If I have any typos, it's er, it's intentional :smirk: 'cause Niels is 12. (Or 2-3 years old, dependent on how many times he's had his birthday :joy:)

I still owe another letter to @kkira555 which I'll hopefully be able to post on the weekend when I finally have free time.

Also, welcome back to @Thymeless and @AudreyFld :)