Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    From what I have read from the blog, one need is still thirst, also known as plasma need.
    I know that there is a new death by sunlight, but can somebody ask what will happen when thirst need is too low?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Got it, or at least the same info in other Tweets. :) I *think* I'm caught up to right now but likely to fall behind if SimGurus stay up past me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to make this post. Yay. <3
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Something they really should consider doing is providing an on/off switch for life states. I get this is a vampire-focused GP, but some people *do* purchase these things strictly as completionists or for the stuff.

More importantly, I'd say Aliens are probably the biggest offenders. Think about it: imagine you're a teenage girl playing Sims 4 and it's your favorite game ever, and you want to share your hobby and your passion with your family. You make a sim version of your mother, your father, your brother, yourself and your boyfriend and you show it off to them, and they all think it's neat and interesting to the point they're initially interested in playing.

Suddenly, a UFO arrives and abducts dad. He comes back and he has a baby bump, and you explain to dad that he was impregnated by aliens. Suddenly he's...not amused.

It's quite understandable that aliens in particular can get in the way of anyone attempting to create Sim versions of people they know, because it means ANY male sim is at risk of...well, suddenly becoming pregnant in a super weird way that's definitely not remotely close to reality. It's understandable why this would irritate people, since there's no set way to summon them, nor is there a way to toggle them off.

Vampires I'd consider to be a step down in terms of how irritating they are, but if you share your computer with a spouse and the spouse absolutely wants Sims for it's realism rather than it's fantasy, then sad day for them the moment you purchase the supernatural packs. Stupid, no? Also annoying since all of this could've been fixed by offering an option to toggle them off by save file. A toggle would be great, and I hope the sims team considers such a feature in the future.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Good to see the change of heart after Sims 4 Movie Hangout stuff decided to bamboozle us and say "Did I say Movie stuff? I meant I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE BOHO."
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

That makes sense. I was waiting to see if there was another more catchy name coming but seeing as how everything usually gets misinterpreted I guess simple is better.
  • charmediowagalcharmediowagal Posts: 65 Member
    Something they really should consider doing is providing an on/off switch for life states. I get this is a vampire-focused GP, but some people *do* purchase these things strictly as completionists or for the stuff.

More importantly, I'd say Aliens are probably the biggest offenders. Think about it: imagine you're a teenage girl playing Sims 4 and it's your favorite game ever, and you want to share your hobby and your passion with your family. You make a sim version of your mother, your father, your brother, yourself and your boyfriend and you show it off to them, and they all think it's neat and interesting to the point they're initially interested in playing.

Suddenly, a UFO arrives and abducts dad. He comes back and he has a baby bump, and you explain to dad that he was impregnated by aliens. Suddenly he's...not amused.

It's quite understandable that aliens in particular can get in the way of anyone attempting to create Sim versions of people they know, because it means ANY male sim is at risk of...well, suddenly becoming pregnant in a super weird way that's definitely not remotely close to reality. It's understandable why this would irritate people, since there's no set way to summon them, nor is there a way to toggle them off.

Vampires I'd consider to be a step down in terms of how irritating they are, but if you share your computer with a spouse and the spouse absolutely wants Sims for it's realism rather than it's fantasy, then sad day for them the moment you purchase the supernatural packs. plum, no? Also annoying since all of this could've been fixed by offering an option to toggle them off by save file. A toggle would be great, and I hope the sims team considers such a feature in the future.

hahahahahaha
    sorry had to xp would be funny if it were my dad playing...
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Anyone know if the vampires are strictly immortal?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2017
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, @catloverplayer !

For the curious, that first one is about coffin woohoo :D
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just asked if turning into a bat is something allvampires can do initially or if it's a power that needs to be learned and it's the latter.

1FKDfKj.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    So can we create vampires in creative sim ?

This is what I plan to do with pre-existing sims: -
    in my library, I put them into CAS, give them a sibling (a room mate would have no friendship built with them so it might not work, and they might already have a partner)

make sure that sibling's a vamp.

move the family somewhere

ask the vamp sibling to turn them

then, if so desired, move out and manually cull the sibling. (To me the vamp sibling is just a prop to get the sims I want as vamps to be vamps without having to make new friends.)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I plan on using the debug enabler mod and adding a vampire that way. That's how I got a lot of my pre-existing sims to be aliens.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    So can we create vampires in creative sim ?

This is what I plan to do with pre-existing sims: -
    in my library, I put them into CAS, give them a sibling (a room mate would have no friendship built with them so it might not work, and they might already have a partner)

make sure that sibling's a vamp.

move the family somewhere

ask the vamp sibling to turn them

then, if so desired, move out and manually cull the sibling. (To me the vamp sibling is just a prop to get the sims I want as vamps to be vamps without having to make new friends.)

i just check, and yes we can create them like aliens in Get to work.
    Here is the tweet , that confirms it.
    [img][/img]2ypapna.png
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited January 2017
    Anyone any clue if the Bat can do things a walking Sim cant?
    Say, fly from the garden to the balcony without needing to go inside and use the stairs? Or fly over a fence? throug an window?
    I would like to use that, when it comes to Building, adding a Room non-Vampires cannot enter.
    Regardless, I am very unlikely to ever build a House again without useing the Assets from this Pack.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Thanks for compiling this together! Great info.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Just asked if turning into a bat is something allvampires can do initially or if it's a power that needs to be learned and it's the latter.

Thanks! Think I'll use the 3rd post for just vamp powers and weaknesses stuff - I'm sure there's going to be tons on that to come.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Vampires I'd consider to be a step down in terms of how irritating they are, but if you share your computer with a spouse and the spouse absolutely wants Sims for it's realism rather than it's fantasy, then sad day for them the moment you purchase the supernatural packs. plum, no? Also annoying since all of this could've been fixed by offering an option to toggle them off by save file. A toggle would be great, and I hope the sims team considers such a feature in the future.
    Umm if there is no on and off switch for aliens why would we have one for vampires? I just got use to aliens walking around now it really doesn't bother me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I have a question for @simGuruDrake , about the pack .Will we be able to buy this pack in stores ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top