Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does TS3 + all expansions run bad in an average notebook?

My sister wants me to install my TS3 games on her notebook, which is a sony vaio from 3 years ago with an intel hd 3000 and an i5. I don't know if installing all expansions would make the performance worse than if I only installed a few... I play in a gaming pc and all expansions runs fine, but I don't know if any of you have experience with a notebook like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2017
    You can try, but more than likely no, it wont run well on a notebook, particularly if you include Seasons and Pets, the two most intensive EP's for TS3.
    You're probably much better off just installing the base game and one or two EP's that you really feel you couldn't live without, if you want the best performance possible.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The graphics are really not good for Sims. They're integrated which does not tend to go over well with sims. I'm pretty sure it won't handle the more intesive EP's pets and seasons for sure. I'm pretty sure IP and ITF are supposed to be pretty intense to and I doubt it would handle them either. Looking at benchmarks for it the game is only supposed to be playable in low settings, maybe medium, and that's only for the base game. So I wouldn't expect to add many EP's at all to it.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The graphics are great for sims on highest settings. The game looks a lot worse on lower settings though and playing it on a notebook, apart from better not installing everything like Pary said, requires playing it on low settings.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    If you play with an old and crap computer you should avoid cc (even though myself I can't) the performances decrease with them.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll install generations, ambitions and late night.
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    I play on a HP notebook and I have all expansions + stuff packs and mods + CC and I do pretty good almost 100% of the time.
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I play on a HP notebook and I have all expansions + stuff packs and mods + CC and I do pretty good almost 100% of the time.

Hmm...I run an HP as well.
    What model?
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    edited January 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Hmm...I run an HP as well.
    What model?

I followed advice to check, but whenever I get close it just says model: HP Notebook
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • dreamergrl84dreamergrl84 Posts: 84 Member
    I play on a HP pavilion 17 notebook and the game runs OK on low graphics but I'm planing on getting a gaming laptop when I get some money saved
  • zhoudaohanzhoudaohan Posts: 7 New Member
    If it stucks a lot you can try to run Sims 3 without the pets and seasons EP,and use the overwatch mod to do some optimization.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It already doesn't run great on some high-performing PCs so most likely no :D But, like others suggested, it could be alright if it's only the base game + maybe 1 or max 2 EPs. Unfortunately though, it's not gonna work on high settings, and I find like @JoAnne65 mentioned that it doesn't really look great on low settings :/
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited January 2017
    No way, no how, is Sims 3 + expansions (you'd be lucky if the base game would properly run tbh) would play on a little notebook. NO way. The base game doesn't even play on my $300 HP laptop without over-heating, and I even have a COOLING pad! Plus the graphics are horrible. Thank God I have a whole separate gaming desktop (that I refuse to allow internet access) or I'd never be able to play at all. I'd be SOL. I use the desktop PC for absolutely nothing except Sims 3 + EP's. It helps keep the game running smoothly, among other things I do to keep performance in check. (and no, Sims 4 isn't touching my desktop, despite the cute new toddlers LOL)