Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea/Mod Request: Baby Rework

So I was playing today, and realized that taking care of a baby feels very linear. They cry, you feed them and cuddle them a bit. They smell, you change their diaper. Other than that, there's nothing else to it. You can just leave them in a room by themselves for hours on end and nothing bad will happen. I can't be the only one who doesn't find that even remotely realistic.

Thus came the search for a baby mod--which I didn't find.

So I'm here posting this, because I hope someone can take this idea and run with it as I think updating how babies work will alleviate some of the painfully missing features when it comes to raising little Simlets.
  • Babies should cry/become lonely FAR more often. This would help to get rid of the "just leave it in a room" behavior when taking care of babies.
  • Baby bassinet becomes move-able in Live mode. Not something you can put in your inventory, but something you can move around the house with your Sim without having to jump into buy mode. Going downstairs to do some cooking/cleaning for several hours? Take the baby with you! Going to sit on your computer and game/write for hours on end? TAKE THE BABY WITH YOU! The bassinet kinda looks like it could have wheels on it anyway...
  • When babies are hungry or need their diaper changed, they become uncomfortable--not sad. I know the idea is to have to guess what the baby needs, but babies in real life don't have the same cry for everything. There's a difference between "I'm lonely" and "I'M STARVING". The baby would still cry to get attention, of course.
  • Babies have a chance to get randomly angry or sad for extended periods of time. Sims can either spend a lot of time calming them down, or ignore them until their tantrum is over. (Perhaps a "Calm Down" or "Cheer Up" interaction that has a 30% chance of success or something.)
  • Babies will cry for specific Sims, and can only be calmed by that Sim. (I have no idea how possible this is, but it would be a really cool feature.)

What are some of your ideas? Would you use a mod like this? Can you make this mod? Feel free to comment below :)
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!