Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WASHING MACHINES and a whole new set of furniture in concept art!

These are from the new blog post. Check it out!

They thought of adding washing machines to City Living. Maybe they decided it's better for another pack?

large.img-6.jpg

And look at the furniture and decoration in this concept. None of it is in City Living. Maybe it's concept for a future pack?

large.img-11.jpg

I love this furniture. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Comments

• Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Nice! I like the furniture as well and would love a washing machine in a future pack.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2016
    Also the pink couch is a MURPHY BED! :0
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Stage tool confirmed
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    I also like the 2-ring hob and the under-counter fridge (the type I grew up with) in the first pic.

Also, there's a toaster in that first pic, and a kitchen sink with a draining board...
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    There are a few items that did make into CL , the folding chair and the one tile desk.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would actually love a washing machine and laundry like it was in TS3.
  • Options
    iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    Is that a landing for stairs? Want!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    These are from the new blog post. Check it out!

They thought of adding washing machines to City Living. Maybe they decided it's better for another pack?

large.img-6.jpg

And look at the furniture and decoration in this concept. None of it is in City Living. Maybe it's concept for a future pack?

large.img-11.jpg

I love this furniture. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Someone said they saw a murphy bed but I didn't. Washers and Dryers may be part of SP 9 since we don't know much about it yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Really?

I thought that was a sofa that converted to a bed. A murphy bed is a bed that can be lifted onto the wall.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Murphy Beds, Washing Machines (and possibly Dryers?) as well as Stair Platforms were planned? Perhaps we'll be seeing these features sometime next year? I hope so!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Ooooh, this thread is getting exciting! I hope for washing machines and Dryers and more!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2016

Really?

I thought that was a sofa that converted to a bed. A murphy bed is a bed that can be lifted onto the wall.

I very well know what a murphy bed is. :) Look at the upper "doodle" drawing. The white box behind the couch can be seen as a murphy bed, as there is a matress inside it. The couch just expands the matress. The white box is part of this object as a whole.
    Or they might have considered the "original" murphy bed (how it was in TS2+3) and a couch bed version.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2016
    I love the concept art so much better than the end product!!!
    large_img_3.jpgsubir imagen

We got some of these things but still looks better here!
    large_img_12.jpgimagen

large_img_5.jpgsubir gif
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited November 2016
    I am sure the concept artist had no idea most of these things such as stages and half-landings are impossible (or too expensive, or beyond the scope of an EP) with the current game engine.
  • Options
    MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I am sure the concept artist had no idea most of these things such as stages and half-landings are impossible (or too expensive, or beyond the scope of an EP) with the current game engine.
    Possibly, on the other hand they could have been made aware of limitations in their brief? I'm not disagreeing with you, just throwing another angle out there.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I'm going to guess that one of the devs thought a talking toilet would be more fun.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    If these were actually the end product I would've bought it right away, now I spend my money on Planet Coaster since i'm getting more for my money. Those stairs and washing machines would've been perfect. Pretty sure it's going in a 10.- pack.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    It's just a concept art for city living meaning they could still be not adding items by it. But that washing machine, I've even heard SimGuruGraham stating it.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It's just a concept art for city living meaning they could still be not adding items by it. But that washing machine, I've even heard SimGuruGraham stating it.

Back in September,on Twitter, SGGraham said something about there were more requests for other things rather than laundry. I think he said something like requests for a laundry were like a whisper compared to requests for other things.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So all the good ideas were cut why am I not surprised by this. Just imagine had they added in those build tools for split stairs we get the folding chair and a one tile desk...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The artist probably didn't even realise that we don't have washing machines or stairs like those in the game. These concept artists aren't necessarily Sims fans at all. Most of their portfolios include 5% Sims stuff. They probably think we have toddlers too.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    There is better looking furniture on TSR and it is free.
  • Options
    iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    That concept art looks amazing!
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    Possibly, on the other hand they could have been made aware of limitations in their brief? I'm not disagreeing with you, just throwing another angle out there.

I think the concept art comes first, then the devs try to create it within the limits of what they have - only occasionally requesting an engine change (I would guess updating the core code is one of the more expensive items that they try to avoid where possible)