Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for TS5?

SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
edited November 2016 in Off Topic Chat
So, I think at this point almost everyone feels like there's something missing from TS4. We've screamed and yelled for the things we want to see in the Sims 4, but just for a moment let's pretend that TS4 is coming to an end, and the developers are looking for ideas from the community on what to do with the next life simulation game. What are your ideas? What do you want to see?

I'll add new ideas to the list as you guys post them and I think of more ;)

1. Aging over time--Characters gradually age from babies all the way to elders, without any leaps from baby to child, etc. More IMMERSION :)
2. Full creative customization for objects/clothes--Yes, I mean color wheel.
3. Realistic build options--IE any building you see IRL can be re-created exactly in the game... along with some not-so-realistic things. If I want to create a circular tower with a glass roof and curved, glass windows on every wall, let me do it!
4. Challenging gameplay--Gameplay that keeps me interested and surprised for 100 hours of game time and beyond! This may be a game where you play god, but that doesn't mean it should be EASY.
5. Realistic mortality--Diseases can be deadly. If you walk across the street without looking, you might end up in the hospital. This can still be teen rated! You don't have to show any blood and gore for us to understand that our characters are in dire situations that they will have a hard time recovering from!
6. Open world--'Nuff said. If you can do it once, you can do it again. Especially if explor-able worlds are the size of Sims 4 worlds.
7. World creation tool--Yes, we want pre-made worlds too. But please give us the ability to create our own! It's the ultimate building challenge, and is by far the most rewarding.
8. Supernaturals--Popular supernatural life states to play as, with the option to start in one of these states. This enhances role playing on so many levels.
9. Weather--We need at least some rain shipped in a base game. Would be great to have real seasons, holidays, a variety of weather (including dangerous ones), and lunar phases.
10. Animals--Not just pets, but animals in general. Birds that you can interact with, perhaps the occasional predator that scares your character and requires you to call animal control, etc.
11. Full character creation--One thing the Sims 4 did REALLY well was CAS.
12. Mod Support--Would like the modding community to not have their hands tied to just new objects/outfits. I want to see awesome mods that change how we play the game!
13. Clean art style--Another thing TS4 did well. I agree that sometimes making it too realistic looking can take away from the theme of the game. Models can be cartoonish and we can still be just as immersed, especially if this means more time spent on things like open world :)
14. Real Moods--I think moods in TS4 were a nice idea, but it's so easy to just have the right items in order to counteract any and all negative moods. We should keep moods, but make them far more difficult to just ignore.
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
Post edited by Snowie on

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    It would be interesting to see aesthetic wise where the Sims world will go. Would you prefer cartoony or alpha?

Would most definitely love to see an open world again with more build freedom.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Basically, for TS5 I want TS2 and TS3 to make sweet love to each other and produce a revolutionary life sim game like no other.

(I actually like TS4's art style so that can be a welcomed recurring thing for TS5 for me, personally.)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Awesome :star:

When TS4 was in pre-production I was hoping exactly that. A marriage of 2 & 3 :relaxed:
    Hopefully we will get something like that in the distant(not too distant) future.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sounds great, I could do without 5 since I like total control if my Sim dies or not. I'm so ready for Sims 4 to be over these things are just the tip of the iceberg of things we will never see in Sims 4 hurry up Sims 5.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    EA please design the basegame as a simulator of real people with real people's concerns, reactions, relationships and needs. By EP1, as well as their immediate needs, they should be able to recognise priorities (like earning money cos they can't afford the next meal should take precedence over telling jokes cos their social is low - depending on IQ and experience, which should be part of a sim's data). Don't try to add "weirder stories" until a later EP.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Basically, for TS5 I want TS2 and TS3 to make sweet love to each other and produce a revolutionary life sim game like no other.

(I actually like TS4's art style so that can be a welcomed recurring thing for TS5 for me, personally.)

Exactly right :)
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    I have only one idea - no EA.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I would buy it if it wouldn't be made by EA anymore. Also, create a world and toddlers since I still miss those a lot.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

Lol yes that might fix the recurring problems entirely :)
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    edited November 2016
    The Sims 2 with improved graphics, open world and seamless aging. That would be my dream Sims 5!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ts2+ts3=ts5 just modernized with up to date features, more personality and deeper gameplay please.
    giphy_1.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Great suggestions! :smiley:

I would by The Sims 5 if you are developing it ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

This!!!
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    I agree, EA needs to get their s*** together, but for the sake of the thread let's try not to bash on them too hard. Perhaps the creators of Project Vie will also see this thread and see what the community wants :) Until then, we have to keep screaming and hoping that the Sims team not only hears us, but actually listens and responds.

Added:
    12. Mod Support--Would like the modding community to not have their hands tied to just new objects/outfits. I want to see awesome mods that change how we play the game!
    13. Clean art style--Another thing TS4 did well. I agree that sometimes making it too realistic looking can take away from the theme of the game. Models can be cartoonish and we can still be just as immersed, especially if this means more time spent on things like open world :)
    14. Real Moods--I think moods in TS4 were a nice idea, but it's so easy to just have the right items in order to counteract any and all negative moods. We should keep moods, but make them far more difficult to just ignore.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sounds great, I could do without 5 since I like total control if my Sim dies or not. I'm so ready for Sims 4 to be over these things are just the tip of the iceberg of things we will never see in Sims 4 hurry up Sims 5.

Was just a thought I had that would make the game more interesting to play :) I was never thinking totally irreversible, just that you would have to throw a lot of money at the hospital in order to keep your Sims alive. Would also work to see such a feature implemented through a mod or an option you can toggle off :)