Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day of the Dead affecting my ingame relationships.

I am getting a little upset with this collection, usually I love them, but these are affecting my ingame friendships. Connie and Eleanor are actually best friends and their relationship was 100 percent, but after asking for the sugar skull it has taken a dive and she refuses to give her one saying she is a stranger ??? Don't think I will attempt asking from ingame friends, her co worker relationship also took a dive for the same reason.

dFfity1.png

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Just a heads up, I play cc and mod free game. So this happens without them.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    How much did the relationship take hit? I've noticed some sims giving the skulls and others refusing, seems a bit random.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Interesting.

I literally had to reach a bit of green before they would give me mine. And one of the Sims spawned and my friend was SLIGHTLY negative and it called him an Enemy. So weird.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yeah, I just checked and my Sim's relationship with her girlfriend took a small hit -- I think it's because she asked for a skull before talking to Jasmine first. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    How much did the relationship take hit? I've noticed some sims giving the skulls and others refusing, seems a bit random.

Quite a big one, it used to be 100 percent and what you see in the pic is what it is right now.

jackjack_k wrote: »
    Interesting.

I literally had to reach a bit of green before they would give me mine. And one of the Sims spawned and my friend was SLIGHTLY negative and it called him an Enemy. So weird.

I just had a sim talk to another day of the dead celebrator and they spoke so long they made friend status and he still would not give me one as well, I have a feeling I might not complete this collection if this keeps going, or perhaps my sim will leave her job until she has completed this. She has enough money to survive on.
    Yeah, I just checked and my Sim's relationship with her girlfriend took a small hit -- I think it's because she asked for a skull before talking to Jasmine first. :|

I spoke to Jasmine first and it still took a hit, I don't think sims that they have relationships with ingame should be spawned in the clothes unless it does not affect the relationship and its just a random yes or no.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Mines be so wishy washy. One sim immediately gave me a skull after I did a funny introduction the other was her sister! High relationship and she would not give me a skull for a while. I did the gaze at clouds interaction and then she gave it to me.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Events play a part in a Sim's life just as much as they do your life.

Take this opportunity as a challenge.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    Mines be so wishy washy. One sim immediately gave me a skull after I did a funny introduction the other was her sister! High relationship and she would not give me a skull for a while. I did the gaze at clouds interaction and then she gave it to me.

I am doing a bit better now, I am avoiding sims I need relationships with though. I am getting a lot of doubles, but got 5 of the collection so far.
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »

I always enjoy a challenge, but the challenge is to befriend them and then get a skull, now my sim is losing friends because they see my sim as a stranger or enemy if they have a very good relationship allready.
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member

LOL, I'm sorry but this is one of laziest excuses I've ever read here. This is not a challenge, it's something that needs to be fixed if it's really affecting people's games.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @mcrudd wrote: »

I am doing a bit better now, I am avoiding sims I need relationships with though. I am getting a lot of doubles, but got 5 of the collection so far.

I always enjoy a challenge, but the challenge is to befriend them and then get a skull, now my sim is losing friends because they see my sim as a stranger or enemy if they have a very good relationship allready.

I'm curious to know if it's like Fighting in The Sims 3.

Even if you were 100% negative, you can't fight unless you do some mean interactions first. Maybe it works like that?
    Do a quick joke or chat before asking.

This may have been intentional (probably not) since when they come dressed up, they technically aren't supposed to be the exact same.
    But I doubt they went to that level.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

But a relationship shouldn't take a hit if you've already got a good relationship with that Sim. Technically relationships shouldn't take a hit at all -- just say "No" if you don't want to give me a skull. Since my Sim's got a couple of off days, I can have her concentrate on getting the skulls, then I don't have to worry about it till probably next year. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    This is weird. When a sim refuses to give a sugar skull in my game, the relationship's never effected, I never see the bar decreasing.
    I've noticed that refusing to offer the skull is a bit random. Usually, after a few friendly interactions the sims are more than willing to give their skulls. Even if they're friends, they might say no. But after a little chat, they all give it.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    I've been having my sim use a couple friendly/funny interactions before asking even when she already has a high relationship with the celebrant. That's been working. She gets refused more if she just asks immediately.
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    This is weird. When a sim refuses to give a sugar skull in my game, the relationship's never effected, I never see the bar decreasing.
    I've noticed that refusing to offer the skull is a bit random. Usually, after a few friendly interactions the sims are more than willing to give their skulls. Even if they're friends, they might say no. But after a little chat, they all give it.

This is the same for me. I haven't seen any issues with relationships deteriorating and I've had my sim get rejected several times (by different sims) when asking for a skull. After each rejection I just have my sim do a couple more friendly and/or funny interactions and she has a gotten a skull the second time every time. My sim has also never been rejected twice by the same sim.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited October 2016

This is the same for me. I haven't seen any issues with relationships deteriorating and I've had my sim get rejected several times (by different sims) when asking for a skull. After each rejection I just have my sim do a couple more friendly and/or funny interactions and she has a gotten a skull the second time every time. My sim has also never been rejected twice by the same sim.

Yup. When everything fails, hugs usually do the trick for my sims ;)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I had the relationship problem with my married sims, they are now nearly enemies. They are called enemies with benefits. I am not sure if it is the relationship mess in the game or if it is this new challenge.
  • Options
    WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    Yes, it also seems like my sims relationships are taking a hit from trying to ask for skulls. One of her nephews when she asked said she was a stranger or enemy. What the heck? :open_mouth:
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2016
    It actually sounds like a serious issue (I haven't had time to play yet), I think we should inform a SimGuru.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It actually sounds like a serious issue (I haven't had time to play yet), I think we should inform a SimGuru.

Just going to ping @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick and in case he's around too @SimGuruGraham
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xcloseyoureyesxcloseyoureyes Posts: 69 Member
    This whole sugar skull thing is becoming way more of a pain then it should be.
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    We're investigating.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    This kind of thing is why in Sims 4 I NEVER use sims already in my game to play any challenge - I always add a brand new Sim I download (usually one that has skills) just to play a challenge. The game itself does enough damage to any relationships my Sims has as it is - and why it is a good idea not to use your regular Sims for these things. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    edited October 2016
    Hello again.

EDIT: For anyone encountering this issue, if you have save files that you're willing to share, please post the links in this thread.

@mcrudd @stilljustme2 @jackjack_k @kingkong192 @Niki110287 @WitchessPancakes
    Post edited by SimQARobo on
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yup, I've had this happen to me, too. I tried socializing with other Sims trying to get skulls, and they'd magically be "un-marked" for the event, no longer possessing the interaction for giving my Sim the skull, after all of the time I've spent trying to get it from that Sim.

If these challenges are going to be done so frequently, it'd be really nice if they were tested beforehand..