Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watchers Writing: Reading Circle

Comments

• supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    I'm hoping to get back into playing/writing more I-G soon. I just haven't had the time/motivation lately. Our family dog passed over the weekend. He wasn't able to get up Saturday morning, and just seemed to have lost all his energy. We were able to get him into the clinic (where I work) right away, and made the tough decision to have him put to sleep. My coworkers were absolutely fabulous and let bring our boy into the conference room so we could all (four of us) sit with him in his final moments. We've had this puppers in our family since I was in elementary school, and I'm now a college graduate. I'm still struggling with the idea of not having him in my life anymore. I still expect to see him every time I come home. Honestly the best dog ever. :disappointed:
    So once I'm not so mopey I'll get back to writing. Just can't find the heart to do it right now.
    yaHATa3.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm hoping to get back into playing/writing more I-G soon. I just haven't had the time/motivation lately. Our family dog passed over the weekend. He wasn't able to get up Saturday morning, and just seemed to have lost all his energy. We were able to get him into the clinic (where I work) right away, and made the tough decision to have him put to sleep. My coworkers were absolutely fabulous and let bring our boy into the conference room so we could all (four of us) sit with him in his final moments. We've had this puppers in our family since I was in elementary school, and I'm now a college graduate. I'm still struggling with the idea of not having him in my life anymore. I still expect to see him every time I come home. Honestly the best dog ever. :disappointed:
    So once I'm not so mopey I'll get back to writing. Just can't find the heart to do it right now.

So many hugs and condolences to you and your family. That's so hard. One of my coworkers lost her old dog this weekend--tough weekend for old friends. I hope it won't be too long before the happy memories flow back. It's really such a hard thing to go through.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi Ladies!!

I wanted to pop in real quick to say hi & that I missed everyone over the summer. I haven't been in game since the beginning of May and am really missing my little Simmies. Sorry for vanishing so completely on y'all! It wasn't intentional by any means, I started tackling some long overdue projects around the house and before I knew it the whole entire summer practically flew by! I started writing again a few days ago and managed to get 7 chapters written with just a bit of fine tuning left to do, so I'm FINALLY ready to get back in game and started collecting more screenshots. I'm about to purchase the Fitness and Parenting packs and can't wait to get back to my Ramblers! I think I"m 4 patches behind, my last save was dated May 04!! No wonder I'm Jonesing for my Sims fix.

I hope everyone is doing wall & can't wait to catch up with all of y'all!

*huge hugs to all*
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac Hi! I missed you! I've been thinking about your Ramblers! I'm looking forward to their return and hope you're able to stop by here now and then! Sounds like you had a really good and productive summer!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hi @CathyTea I've missed you too!! I definitely plan to be a lot more active around here. So I'm sure I'll be rambling everyone's ear off again soon. :)

Before my little break, I REALLY had to force myself to write Dace's story - all I wanted to do was play the game. And of course now that I've finally caught my story up to my game play, I'm kinda bummed that I ran out of pics to write about. LOL Has that happened to anyone else? I should be over the moon - not only do I get to play with Dace, but he's got a huge life changing milestone about to happen moments after I get in game and I'll be purchasing the Fitness & Parenting packs, too with all that new content! So many new things are just waiting for me in TS4 land, but now all I want to do is write! Typical me. hehe.

Hmm. Maybe I'll let Dace chill out for a bit longer and see if I can catch up the story for the Switch challenge that I started ages ago with Alora Darcy. I think I'll have some lunch, then see which tugs at me more.

I hope everyone is doing well! I did post another chapter for Dace today. Have fun y'all!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    It seems I won't have much time for playing and/or writing from now on, until I get a portable computer and a reliable wireless connection plan. That could take me 2-3 months because money is tight.
    New job is very demanding! I hope I get used to the hours so I can squeeze in an hour or two of something other than sleeping, eating and exhausted staring out of the window to tired to do anything else.
    @DeiraShadeweaver I can definitely understand the need to take a break because of a time shortage. Hopefully you'll be able to get a laptop and better service soon and more importantly things will ease up a bit at work for you!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @DeiraShadeweaver Your busy life sounds so interesting, with all the travel and everything! I hope you get a little time for thinking and daydreaming, in between busy spells.

@AllieMac It's been so great to hear from the Drifters again! Dace is really interesting. I like that the woman he's interested in seems to have a similar fashion sense to his mom! :)

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's updates!
    @AllieMac Loved hearing from the Drifters again! I've really enjoyed Dace's story so far!
    @Thymeless Pandora's Box is such a fun story! She's such a cutie! <3
    @DeiraShadeweaver As always, loving yours TS4 legacy! And I was so happy to see an update from your TS3 story as well. Such drama with Naree.
    @CathyTea All of your stories always amaze me, as well as how you're able to keep so many going at once!

Finally got around to writing again! I've published another chapter tonight, and have 4 more scheduled for the next week. :blush:

I cannot wait for next month when we'll be getting cats & dogs! EEK! I don't know if I've ever been so excited for an EP. Just doing flips over here. :love: Definitely need to create my dogs and cats. Maybe I'll finally get around to making a simself as well (I've tried in the past, but I'm hopeless at making sims look like people).

I've also finally gotten around to making a family tree for my Isaacs and Goths. Click here to take a look.
    yaHATa3.png
    Well, it's been a year with no activity here. :worried:
    How's everyone doing?
    My computer died with all my saves on it, so I've had to restart from scratch. So I now have several new stories in the works, which I hope to start posting soon!
    yaHATa3.png
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    I recently started writing a story, and would be happy to participate in the revival of this Reading Circle, if you're interested in a new member :smile:
    I'm really interested in improving my game/challenge-driven storytelling!
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    I recently started writing a story, and would be happy to participate in the revival of this Reading Circle, if you're interested in a new member :smile:

I'd be more than happy to read your story and give whatever help I can! Hopefully this circle can get some activity going again. :smile:
    Do you have a link for your story so I can start reading?
    yaHATa3.png
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    edited October 2018

I'd be more than happy to read your story and give whatever help I can! Hopefully this circle can get some activity going again. :smile:

Yep! I just relaunched it - the one in my signature :smile:
    https://hcfurlong.wixsite.com/build-a-city
    Also has a Forum thread in the lonely TS3 section haha

Thanks so much :heart::smiley:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000

Yep! I just relaunched it - the one in my signature :smile:
    https://hcfurlong.wixsite.com/build-a-city
    Also has a Forum thread in the lonely TS3 section haha

Thanks so much :heart::smiley:

No problem! I'll start reading tomorrow and let you know what I think. :smile:
    yaHATa3.png
    Hi y'all

I thought I'd dust this off to see if anyone is still out there. I ended up taking an unintentional super long break from TS4 (and writing as well) and now that I'm back it seems like the forums are a lot quieter than they used to be. I'm hoping it's just due to Island Paradise's release. Or maybe it's because I'm still working on the Drifter Challenge and everyone seems to have finished it and/or moved on to newer challenges.

I've missed hearing what everyone has going in their games. So if you know where they've gone or if there's a challenge I should attempt, I'd be thrilled to hear about it.

Regardless I hope everyone is having fun!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Hi @AllieMac !

I'm so glad to hear you're posting again! Can't wait to jump back in and start reading!

I had to give up my ISBI challenge a while ago (my old laptop killed itself and I couldn't recover any of my files), but I started a new plot-driven story. I'm on a bit of a break right now due to family medical issues, but am still writing when I can, and should have a new chapter to post soon!
    yaHATa3.png
    @supernatural103

HI!! I'm so glad to see your still here, too. Hopefully we can get this going again. :) I'm so sorry about your old laptop! I bet you were crushed to lose your ISBI challenge. I hope the family medical issues improve and that it's nothing too serious. I'll definitely start reading Futility in Survival - love the banner by the way.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac
    Yeah, I was supper upset when my laptop died. So much lost. Thankfully I had all my photos saved on a memory card, so I still have my pictures of several childhood pets who have since passed.
    We're getting the medical issues under control (the worst of it has been resolved), which has been a huge weight lifted for me. Starting to feel like I can actually breath again.
    Thank you! The banner took me so long, it was ridiculous. For that save file, I have autonomy turned off, but they still do what they want and refused to listen to me. Sims, I tell ya. They have minds of their owns.
    yaHATa3.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @AllieMac
    Yeah, I was supper upset when my laptop died. So much lost. Thankfully I had all my photos saved on a memory card, so I still have my pictures of several childhood pets who have since passed.
    We're getting the medical issues under control (the worst of it has been resolved), which has been a huge weight lifted for me. Starting to feel like I can actually breath again.
    Thank you! The banner took me so long, it was ridiculous. For that save file, I have autonomy turned off, but they still do what they want and refused to listen to me. Sims, I tell ya. They have minds of their owns.

a few days ago i was playing ayden and hes more stubborn than he was the first time ( i got the orginal benders back) but he was on fire and i hit extinguish self and he actually did it.

so i get it,
    @AllieMac Hey! I'm too, playing the Drifter Challenge, currently on house 3!
  • Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 221 Member
    Hi guys. I finally made a member so I'd like to share my sims 3 legacy with you. I'm not a writer like many of you here, just wanted to tell my sim's story.

I'd be happy if you visit my blog and let me know what you think in the comments :blush:

You can find the link in my signature.
    edited July 2019
    @supernatural103

Sorry I thought I had already responded to you! Thank God you had your childhood pics saved on a card! I lost like 4 years of pics back when my kids were younger when an old computer died. It's devastating knowing you'll never get those back.

I can't wait to read your story. My fridge died and we've been dealing with the aftermath of it. It's been fixed but we had to wait an extra 48 hours to get it back to temp etc. Thankfully it was covered under the manufacturers warranty so the repairs were free! So it was more inconvenience than anything. You don't realize how much you rely on something til it breaks lol.

Too funny about your Sims during banner pic time. I've had to fight mine to get them all looking too (even with autonomy turned off), so I feel your pain!

@friendsfan367 too funny about ayden.

@DeiraShadeweaver I'm sooo excited that you started Drifting too!! Are you writing a story for it? I looked on your blog last night so I could mark it for later when I have some free time, but didn't see anything. Granted I only had a second to check, so I may have over looked it. House 003 is my favorite so far. It's such a shame that forum thread disappeared. :(

@Ann88cz Hi. I'll be sure to check it out.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac https://deiraplayssims.wordpress.com/drifter-challenge/ here you go! And I'm on House 3 right now! It was a slow start but it is picking up pace now.
    @DeiraShadeweaver I started reading it yesterday. Loving how it's going so far!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

a few days ago i was playing ayden and hes more stubborn than he was the first time ( i got the orginal benders back) but he was on fire and i hit extinguish self and he actually did it.

so i get it,

Yeah, they can be so frustrating. But at least Ayden listened and didn't die!
    AllieMac wrote: »
    @supernatural103

Sorry I thought I had already responded to you! Thank God you had your childhood pics saved on a card! I lost like 4 years of pics back when my kids were younger when an old computer died. It's devastating knowing you'll never get those back.

I can't wait to read your story. My fridge died and we've been dealing with the aftermath of it. It's been fixed but we had to wait an extra 48 hours to get it back to temp etc. Thankfully it was covered under the manufacturers warranty so the repairs were free! So it was more inconvenience than anything. You don't realize how much you rely on something til it breaks lol.

Too funny about your Sims during banner pic time. I've had to fight mine to get them all looking too (even with autonomy turned off), so I feel your pain!

Lol no worries! I've been super busy, so I'm hardly ever on here. Last two days I worked doubles at work, so I got 24 hours clocked in. Exhausting, but at least I'm making some extra money!

Aw, I'm so sorry you lost those pictures. It's just the worst loosing memories like that.

Yikes! Glad it was covered under warranty! At work, our dryer broke (again), and it's dead dead. Need to get a new one installed. Didn't realize how much we used it until now. It's literally running the entire time we're at the clinic. And until we get a new one installed, I have to make trips to the laundromat everyday. It's exhausting.

I'm hoping to have a new chapter posted this weekend, but we'll see how it goes. Not sure if I'll work on it tonight, as I'm dead after my double at work. And tomorrow I have my volunteer shift at the shelter, plus a coworkers housewarming party to go to. I really just need a vacation. XD
    yaHATa3.png