Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watchers Writing: Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @AllieMac So sorry to hear about all that's going on. What a crazy week for you! I hope things have finally started to calm down for you. I just got back from vacation and it went very well, I think. Still feeling exhausted. My mother passed on about four years ago, and I still have moments where it hits me particularly hard. She was particularly fond of penguins and on vacation, they had some at the aquarium we visited and I had a little bit of a cry just wishing she could be there with us. She would have loved it. I think missing our loved ones is something that never really goes away, it just fades a bit.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    2.64 - We Have Our Missions
    02-64-ss06.jpg?w=700
    In which Lor seeks a new recruit.

I am still writing this, I promise =p Just a bit hectic at the moment <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi :) Sorry I've been quiet - I've had a lot of writers block and it makes me moody =p I tend to just vanish for a little while when that happens so I don't bring anyone else down. Will try to catch up with all your stuff soon!

2.65 - A Little More Conversation
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all

Sorry I haven't been around. It looks like life is finally going to settle back down for me. Yay team! The last time I logged on I was dealing with a car loan, refinancing the house, painting my bathroom, readying the house for the appraisal, and prepping for our trip to Virginia.

The very next night after I wrote on here about all that I had going on, we were woken up by a storm around 2:20 am. Despite living in 'Tornado Alley', this was the first time I had ever actually been fearful during a storm. The rain was sideways and we couldn't even see our neighbors house across the street. We were woken by 3 loud bangs. Turns out 2 trees were knocked down. One across the street - it landed on my neighbor's truck; the other was on the side of our house and luckily fell towards the street instead of on our house or my neighbor's. We lost most of our fence, a lot of the roof, all of our patio furniture was piled up in front of the door, the grill landed on the shrubs, our patio table went in two directions: the base was on the north side of the yard and the top on the south side and of course had tons of trash in the yard (front and back).

There's a small strip center behind our house and part of their roof landed in our front yard. The road that the strip center is on had to be closed because a electricity pole was laying in the middle of the street. But the worst damage was sustained by our next door neighbor. The signage from the donut shop went through the back of his house creating a 6 foot wide hole in the back of his garage and his garage door was bowed out from the winds. More debris hit the corner on the second story and created another hole in a guest room closet. He's still without water and gas.

When he ventured out the next morning, my husband saw a trampoline wrapped around a telephone way up where the transponder is and 2 news crews were reporting from our neighborhood. Every worker that showed up was amazed at how much damage my block had. It wasn't classified as a tornado (to my knowledge), but I do know we had winds of 83 miles an hour! Thankfully, no one was hurt. It was all property damage that can be fixed.

And of course this all happened 3 days BEFORE my house appraisal! LOL (It's funny now, but not so much at the time.)

I'm happy to report we got the fence temporarily fixed, my neighbor (with the smashed truck) owns a roofing company so he did emergency patching the very next morning and fixed all of our roof damage while we were in Virginia. Our trip was a lot of fun and a MUCH needed break. Only thing I have left to do is arrange for a roof inspection and all of my banking adventures should be over. Oh yeah, the house passed the appraisal with flying colors (pending the roof repairs & inspection).

So now I can finally get back to writing and playing with my Sims. Hopefully, I won't have too much trouble getting back into the groove after being away for so long.

I hope everyone else is doing well and all is going smoothly for y'all allowing plenty of time for relaxing, creating, and playing!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @AllieMac Oh, my goodness! WHAT a story! That must have been so scary. Doesn't sound like there were any injuries, so that's a huge relief. And, if you ever have a massive storm in one of your stories, you've got experience to draw on!

Congrats, too, on all the business stuff with the inspection and refinance! Just think how great you'll feel when the payments are lower!

Great to have you back! I missed you!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea *hugs* I missed you too! And it's great to be back. :)

It was terrifying! It was the first time I heard the tornado sirens go off while not being able to see my own yard out the window. The kids' rooms are upstairs and they both came down before I even had time to get them. Their beds were shaking from the force of the wind and it woke them up! The storm only lasted about 15-20 minutes. Luckily no one was hurt (neighbors included). If the signage from the businesses had hit our house instead of my neighbors, it would have hit the master bedroom where my hubby and I were sleeping. (The loud bangs happened a few minutes before the sirens started screaming.) Needless to say, we were all more than a little antsy when we had strong winds a couple of days later.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Upon arriving home from our trip, we discovered that the upstairs air conditioner is broken, so I have workers coming tomorrow to fix it and I accidentally scheduled them at the same time as my daughter's doctor's appointment! *shaking my head* I'll be glad when everything settles back down. :) My daughter's toenails are discolored, she either has a toenail fungus or it's from malnutrition from her gluten allergy. Either way it should be an easy fix. In the meantime I'm praying for some 'boredom'. hehe

Well time for me to turn in for the night. I've got another busy day ahead of me.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hi y'all

I'm happy to report that all of my side dramas seem to be finally coming to a close. The AC was fixed, my daughter's toenail trouble is a result of Celiac (malnutrition) and should resolve itself now that she's gone gluten free & is taking vitamins to boost her recovery. Now if I can just find a roof inspector that will not only call me back, but come out to conduct an inspection this week all will be rosy!

I even managed to finally put up my new banner for Dace's generation and wrote the next chapter in his little saga. I've had the hardest time finding his voice and figuring out what to do with his story. (Even worse than the struggles I had with Cassia at the beginning.) Probably because this will be the third time that I've written about House 004, add that it's from a male POV, and that I've never been big into science... well it's gonna be a challenge. But I think I finally found my 'kicking off point' and hope to be able to start posting on a more consistent schedule now. We'll see. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Have fun & happy simming!

5. The Learning Curve
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Hey all! Sorry I've been AWOL for so long (over a month!!), but I'm back now! I have had an absolutely crazy month. School was just super hectic. I had so many projects to finish up, and I wasn't doing well in one of my classes so I had to pull that grade up. But I did it! I just finished my last final yesterday. And by last final, I mean my LAST final! I'm done with school. As in, once my grades get posted, and the school finalizes everything, I'll have my bachelor's degree in Animal Science. :smiley: I'm done guys!!!!
    I am just so relieved to be done. It has been such a challenging semester for me. I'd been having a really bad time at school, and because of that my grades had started to drop. I almost didn't finish. I came so close to just calling it quits, but I only had one semester to go. So I pulled through and got it done. So yay!

On another note, I should have a chapter of Isaacs-Goth up tonight, with more to follow. I feel like I've finally gotten into a rhythm with this story, so hopefully chapters will be easier to write and flow better. I'll edit this post once I get the chapter up.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    @supernatural103 Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment! Real milestone. I am so impressed and inspired that you stuck with it, even though you had to really focus and work to do so. That's fantastic. Now here you are: at the step of what's next! All your life, you'll be grateful for having earned that degree. Congratulations! :)

super1.png

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea Thank you! I'm not sure what's next for me, but I can't wait to find out what! I do have some pet-sitting opportunities for over the summer, as well as extra hours at work and some volunteer work to tackle.

I've posted 2 new Isaacs-Goth chapters!
    Interlude: Paulina and 1.13 Babies and Parties
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I've been busy with work mostly. And beading! It's an addiction. I started offering commissions and now I have a waiting list! It's crazy. I never expected it to turn out this successful... so I have even less time for everything else. But beadwork is immensely fun to me still. It fulfills me almost as much as painting, and is less stressful.

And I'm moving to my daughter's city in the next 3 months and also my work contract runs out and I'm going into long distance traffic and I just wish everything to be over, because changes upset me a lot, even if they are good changes.
  • Options
    @DeiraShadeweaver Congrats on getting commissions for your beading! And to have a waiting list, too! That's crazy!
    I hope your move goes smoothly!

I have another chapter of my Isaacs-Goth story for everyone. My teens are aging up to young adults! Eek! After playing on long lifespan with the Isaacs Sisters, normal lifespan feels so dang short! Everything's just flying by.
    1.14 Life Changing?
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! I've been so busy that I keep forgetting to come back here to say hi! :)

@DeiraShadeweaver What an interesting time of life you're in! I empathize with feeling that changes are tough--even when they're good changes. And it does sound like these are good challenges. I'm loving the pictures you're posting about your beadwork! It's so beautiful. What a great new business to be starting! That should be quite wonderful to be in your daughter's city. How do you feel about your new truck-driving job?

@supernatural103 I'm so happy you're writing more frequently! Normal lifespan is weirdly short, isn't it? The Isaac-Goth kids are so cute. The girls remind me a lot of their aunt Cassandra!

• Options
    Well, now my course is over so I'm officially back! Hopefully will be all settled into my normal writing thing by next weekend. Still, here's a new chapter, wooooooo~
    2.68 - The Powers That Suck
    02-68-ss12.jpg
    In which Lyra confronts her future.

How is everyone?
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @CathyTea Normal lifespan is defenitly weirdly short! I wish we could customize lifespans, like in TS3. I'm so happy to be writing more again! I've really missed it.

@Thymeless I've been great! How've you been? I just finished up my classes, too. ^-^ No clue what I'm doing with my life now. Figured I'd just give myself some time to relax before trying to figure my life out. XD

I've had a crazy busy week at work. One of my full-time coworkers ended up sick and in the hospital, so we're all trying to pull together to get her shifts covered. So I went from 2 days a week to 5-6 days a week. So that's been keeping me pretty occupied. Love my job, though, so no complaints! I do have the weekend off, though I'll be out of town. Hopefully I'll be able to get some writing done!
    I've got a new chapter of I-G out! Find it here ~~~> Interlude: Loves the Outdoors

yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    Hey all! How've you all been? It's been so quiet over here. 0_0
    I have a new chapter out, find it here ~~~> 2.1 Finding 'The One'?
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    @supernatural103
    Yeah, this place kind of died.

My WP reader looks rather desolate currently, so there seem to be no updates from most of our members, which is kind of sad, but I guess we all have more important things to do!
  • Options
    @supernatural103
    Yeah, this place kind of died.

My WP reader looks rather desolate currently, so there seem to be no updates from most of our members, which is kind of sad, but I guess we all have more important things to do!

Oh, I'm writing up a storm! :) I'm on vacation this week! I've been slowly getting little inklings of Whisper again--but I'm predicting I'll find my way back to it in a few months (as long as work doesn't get too demanding again...

In the meantime, tonight I started a new piece! It's inspired by @mastressalita 's Photo Friday #26, in which she quotes Margaret Fuller, reminding me of how much I love this writer.

Here's the first chapter: Reading Margaret: In Dismal Nooks

And I've also got the Pen Pal Project; Vampire Code; Septemus, My Son; and my Murkland Challenge story which are active. (If the story is rolling around in my imagination, I consider it active, even if it's a month or two between updates! )

And @DeiraShadeweaver , I've been loving your updates!

I don't really think of this thread as ever dying--it just takes naps, now and then!

Looking forward to your update, @supernatural103 !

• Options
    @DeiraShadeweaver
    It's good to hear from you! How's your job going?

@CathyTea
    I've been loving your new stories! I really adore Septemus, My Son.
    And I agree, I don't think this thread will ever really 'die'. We all get busy, or distracted with other things.

I have gotten a couple more chapters of I-G posted. 2.2 He's Gone was posted last month. I just posted Orion & Paulina's House Tour and 2.3 Better today. I've been playing more, so hopefully I'll have some more chapters soon. I also have several more story ideas floating around, so maybe I'll get to work on those.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    @supernatural103 thanks so much! I'm on vacation this week, so I've had a chance to write to my heart's content! :)

@DeiraShadeweaver might be joining the alien adoption challenge collab! *fingers-crossed* And anyone who wants to join is so very welcome!

I've got a thread for it... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921134/collab-for-the-alien-adoption-challenge-collab4aac#latest

I'm looking forward to reading your updates, @supernatural103 ! How is life after college? I hope your summer is sweet!

• Options
    @CathyTea
    That collab looks so cool! If I get motivated, I may give it a go! I've adored reading about little Septemus.
    Life's been going pretty well. Not sure what I'm doing with my life now that I'm done, but I figure I still have time to figure it all out. I've just been working extra shifts at the clinic for now, and hopefully will get more regular shifts when coworkers head back to school. I recently had my review, and got a raise! That was pretty awesome.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    There's a lot of stuff happening in my life currently... not only with the planned moving, but also with an unplanned change of workplace... I'm finally going into long distance traffic! It will be a lot of change at once.
    I think I need a break from my TS4 legacy so I will be playing TS3 for a while!

And yes, I really want to do the alien kid, but I really want to finish the legacy first before committing myself to different ts4 projects.
  • Options
    There's a lot of stuff happening in my life currently... not only with the planned moving, but also with an unplanned change of workplace... I'm finally going into long distance traffic! It will be a lot of change at once.
    I think I need a break from my TS4 legacy so I will be playing TS3 for a while!

And yes, I really want to do the alien kid, but I really want to finish the legacy first before committing myself to different ts4 projects.

Deira, it sounds like really interesting changes are happening in your life right now! I know changes can take a lot of creative and emotional energy.

We're setting up the Alien Collab so that it can be ongoing and people can participate at any time, so it'll still be around later!

Good luck with all the new things--and it was so fun to read your TS3 ISBI today! Made me want to get back to mine...

• Options
    @DeiraShadeweaver
    Congrats on getting into long distance traffic! That'll be an exciting experience.
    I enjoyed reading your newest TS3 chapter! TS3 doesn't run well on my laptop, so I love experiencing it through others stories.

I've had a lot going on in my life. I've been working on cleaning up my room so I can redecorate it. I've had the same room since middle school. :grimace: It's a little outdated and childish.
    I've also started training/working reception at work. We defenitly get some interesting calls. :lol: It's not my favorite job ever, but it's good experience, and it gets me more hours.
    My dog was diagnosed with hypothyrodism last month, so we put her on a medication to help get her thyroid hormone regulated. It's worked wonderfully, and her bloodwork came back normal (her thyroid was causing several things to be off, and they're all normal now). Now we just need to work on getting her weight back under control.

Several more I-G chapters have been posted! 2.4 Too Fast, 2.5 Island, 2.6 Blind. And I just posted 2.7 Coward tonight.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I have got the appartment I wanted, starting 1st september! It's going to be a wild ride. And I had to pay lots of bills so the paycheck I got today is already gone and I have to hold back everything this month. No new beads for me :(

I started playing TS3 and the McGregor's again. The game keeps throwing crap at me. Sean has a World Adventures LTW, and it keeps being severely messed up. For example, I can't complete a quest chain because the Hot Springs Lot is screwed up and I can't reach the boulder I need to destroy with Pangu's Axe. There are several ways to fix this but most require creating a new game and saving the lot to the library and importing it in my current game and I can't be bothered with it right now. I think I will go to France or Egypt to gather the missing relics to complete the Private Museum LTW and not go to China again in a while.
    I could also reset the entire world and I'm seriously considering this but that would also reset the people in it... and I have to get Naree's daughter first.

Edit: Didn't want to double post.
    I played a lot today. I had the game CTD when I sent Sean to Egypt... then I reset Egypt and it worked. Then it crashed to desktop again when I sent him back home... I got scared then because I accidentally overwrote the pre-Egypt save. It crashed three times and finally loaded on the forth. I immediately made a backup save.
    Well anyway - I don't write about their everyday lives so I will just post stuff here.

Sean has almost finished his LTW of having a private museum. He had a baby with Naree (former Huy Young) Kim, it's a very cute girl, I called her Bridget to keep the theme of vaguely Scottish sounding names. She is a toddler right now and has Excitable and Artistic traits. Naree is fine with being around toddlers, I think she dislikes Children and Children only. She's actually very sweet so far. I imagined her differently.
    Natalia died of old age shortly after Bridget was born.
    We had room in the house after that to invite Lloyd's girlfriend Susanna Behrens to live with us. She's pregnant now too, and rolled a wish to marry Lloyd, and has a wish to have a girl.
    With the second baby on the way, and my plan to get Yue Kim, Naree's daughter from Lee Yao into the household, we're running out of room. The Build Mode doesn't like me and I can't change the house somehow.

I guess we are moving to Twinbrook as soon as Sean is done with his LTW, because when he is, I have unlocked the second expansion, Ambitions!
    Post edited by DeiraShadeweaver on