Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on apartments and the City Life EP?

SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
Yes, I know the dangers of creating an opinions thread, but it seems like a lot of people have varying opinions on this EP and I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts, especially on apartments! Please try to keep it calm and professional, and don't hate on people just because you don't agree with their post. Everyone has their right to an opinion!

My opinions:
I'll start with the fact that in TS2, Apartment Life was my favorite EP. When I moved on to TS3 I was extremely disappointed by they high rise buildings and after playing in them a couple times, I never used them again. They felt so lifeless and empty, and the fact that you couldn't even interact with your neighbors made it feel like you were just living on top of a mountain.

With TS4, I didn't have high hopes for the apartments at first, but hoped that the Sims team would have learned from their mistakes with TS3 and would improve on that. As we got expansions like Get to Work, and Dine Out, I saw that they were really trying to improve on things that we had been asking for for a long time, especially things that we felt were missing from TS3. This led me to believe that maybe, hopefully, apartments would take a page from TS2's book (as so many things have, for better or for worse), and I posted this thread about what we could and would love to see with apartments in TS4.

Enter TS4 City Life. I think it's safe to say that everyone was excited for this pack--if for nothing else than just to have something new to add to their game and excitement that the Sims team was actually TALKING to us. However, I've been disappointed and at times downright offended by everything that has been happening with this EP as far as the leaks and treatment of the fans go. In their defense, we haven't been very kind or supportive of the Sims team with this game... but they had to have expected that when taking out key gameplay features in a game that was supposed to improve on what all previous Sims games have done.

I check Sims VIP almost every day, as I find it the best place to keep up to date on what's going on in the Sims community, and was excited to see that it had literally blown up with information on this new EP over just one weekend. Watching the original trailer, I looked specifically for signs of building your own apartments, and had a sinking feeling that we wouldn't be able to do this. Upon the reveal of the apartments trailer, I was severely disappointed that this game, even this EP that I had such high hopes for, seemed to be sacrificing key game features that everyone wants for features that are... kinda cool, but not really necessary. So, do I think that the apartments in City Life will be an improvement on high rise buildings from TS3? Yes. And like many others have said, I think the traits are interesting... but not necessary. Things like leaky pipes and vermin infestations could have easily been linked to cost, which would have still encouraged you to upgrade to bigger, better apartments. All in all, I would take building and running my own apartment over living in a skyscraper I can't customize any day. In my opinion, the apartments that we'll be getting with this EP are nothing more than a fresh coat of paint on TS3 high rise buildings, which is just so sad for me. The worst part is, though, is that we will NEVER be able to even move these pre-made apartment lots. We can't move them into Windenburg, or Oasis Springs, we don't even get that level of customization. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I would love to be wrong on this, but apartments aren't a feature of the pack, they're a feature of the world.

Phew. Ok, moving on to the rest of the pack. I'm excited to see more interesting and "ethnically diverse" Sims in this pack, but again I worry that they will only be found in the new world... which I'm far less excited to play now. I think the festivals could be interesting... I never really liked the festivals in TS3, and I'm really not excited for yet another young adult oriented party feature, but I'll still check them out in the hope that they'll be worth attending. If not, this will have pretty much no affect on my gameplay. As far as the new careers go, It's always nice to have options and maybe there will be some cool perks with these new careers, but I definitely won't use these careers in every family I play and they will likely just blend in with the other base game careers.

That's about it as far as "features" go, but as a builder I am of course excited to see what new build/buy options this EP will bring. One thing I'm most excited about is that we saw a glass roof in the apartments trailer, and I hope that we will be adding glass roofs to our arsenal of build options. Looking at what we've seen in the trailers it seems like there will be a good amount of new stuff, but none of it seems like a new style of objects to me. For example, Get to Work added a lot of industrial-style objects that we didn't have before. It all looks like it will be fitting in to the same modern-y style of the rest of the build mode stuff, which I'm okay with because I like the modern style :)

I want to note that a feature I'm patiently waiting for is more life states, and I'm extremely sad that there aren't any in this pack. Vampires or witches would have fit well with this pack, but I have a feeling they'll just add all supernaturals in with a specific EP, like they did with TS3 Supernatural. I'm overall okay with this, but it means that unless such a pack comes out soon, we could be waiting a long time for that supernatural aspect to be implemented in TS4.
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I used apartments constantly in Sims 2. Even when I play now they are the heavily used because of how flexible they are. I have tons of little compounds, duplexes, apartments - I can create tons of different styles of each because of how flexible it was.

These apartments are not flexible. They prohibit creativity, honestly. They're stuck in one world, and rely on shells to give them their appearance. You can't edit them, and there are loading screens between all units. They missed their mark here big time.
  • Ms_PocketMs_Pocket Posts: 14 New Member
    I am extremely disappointed that we won't be able to build our own apartments. It would open up a whole new world of possibilities. I tend not to play in EA-designed houses--I much prefer to build my own that is specific to the family. I also hate the idea of ONLY having apartments in San Myshuno. Places that aren't big cities have apartments too! Other than that, though, I'm very excited about apartments! It will be cool to have neighbors close by and it could be nice to have the sims you give a key to drop by. It might help my sims have better friendships. I currently struggle with my sims not having more than 1 friend, mostly because my sims don't leave the house too often...

When I first saw the apartments trailer and saw the lot traits, I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸??? But after thinking about it and watching the video a couple more times I've decided I'm a little excited about them. In real life, different apartments have different feels to them (I've lived in one that could almost have had the 'filthy' trait, and the one I live in now is a bit more inspiring), so I feel it could add a little something new to gameplay. I just read that there's supposed to be about 20 different lot traits--that seems like an awful lot! (pun fully intended.) I'm hoping that lot traits can be changed because some of them are bound to be ridiculous.

I'm also excited for the cultural variety that is supposed to come with the game. I'm hoping for more "ethnic" food and dress. I think I remember seeing a food truck in the trailer. As for festivals, I'm hoping that they have family activities, or at least some things to do for children and teens. I hate playing either of those life stages in TS4 because they feel so empty and boring. I'm imagining my teen sims meeting up at the festival to hang out, and games for children. I won't keep my hopes up for all that, though.

All in all, I'm getting pretty excited about this expansion, but I definitely understand why some people are upset. It seems that San Myshuno will be quite different from any other worlds in the game, and that you won't be able to bring many of the new features into your pre-existing neighborhoods and save games. The best part about expansions is that it usually improves all your neighborhoods and adds something new to all your pre-existing sims' lives, but in this case, it seems like that won't be possible. I'd prefer an expansion to be something that adds to gameplay all throughout my little sims universe. It would probably be smart to wait until it goes on sale, but I desperately need something new for my game, because it just hasn't been able to hold my attention.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    My opinion is I can't wait to get this pack so I can move my sims into high rise penthouses.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    I refuse to get too hung up on not being able to build your own apartments. Fortunately, I'm not a builder, which is probably why it's that little less gut wrenching for me. So far as I'm concerned what you can do with apartments more than makes up for what you can't. There are buildings with 2, 3 and 4 apartments, so you can put in various sims of your own choice, which means if you so choose you can rotate through families that live in the building. Or just plain choose your neighbours. You can redecorate the inside to your liking or do a full redesign. There'll be cheap little things ranging to more expensive ones. Because of the lot traits, there'll be disadvantages to having them, from filthy to haunted to earthquakes. Power outages also.

Because of the way it's set up (and also because I wasn't expecting otherwise) the halls are neighbourhood space so you can interact with your neighbours, which to me is a bonus and leave the apartment building without a load screen. I grant you to visit your neighbour that means a loading screen, but like I said, wasn't expecting anything different. You can see what's going on outside from your apartment window, apparently. Festivals, karaoke, games consoles, bubble blowers, basketball, all make me happy.

Then there's the penthouses. We don't know what we can do with those yet. More info on that comes another time.

I will admit, I'm me. I prefer to be optimistic rather than pessimistic. I don't expect others to feel the same way.
  • Ms_PocketMs_Pocket Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh, I forgot to mention my absolute favorite part from the trailer: the VIEWS! I really hope the views from the apartments are as fabulous as they look in the trailer. Sunrises and sunsets over the buildings, the city at night...yes PLEASE!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good thread, OP :smile:

Now I actually like the idea of seeing real apartments again but after the recent information about them I am starting to question weather they will even be that good. There seems to be too much restrictions based on them alone and so far I am not impressed at the slightest

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited September 2016
    Why was I just notified when people make comments in this thread? I am not the OP. What's that about?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Why was I just notified when people make comments in this thread? I am not the OP. What's that about?

Did you accidentally subscribe to it?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member

Did you accidentally click the follow button for this thread?

Back to the original topic. I am a builder, and I don't think it's such a huge deal that apartments cannot be built from scratch. All the build mode items are still useable outside of the apartments and interior decoration is a vital and frankly underrated skill set for a builder so this pack will highlight that.

From a gameplay perspective, I still think it's too early to conclude everything. Each apartment having their quirks seems interesting.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member

Did you accidentally click the follow button for this thread?

Back to the original topic. I am a builder, and I don't think it's such a huge deal that apartments cannot be built from scratch. All the build mode items are still useable outside of the apartments and interior decoration is a vital and frankly underrated skill set for a builder so this pack will highlight that.

From a gameplay perspective, I still think it's too early to conclude everything. Each apartment having their quirks seems interesting.

Did you accidentally subscribe to it?

You know what, I think I pressed the little star by accident. Thanks
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The penthouse is kinda a house on a higher level and the apartments are shells and you can't build your own. That's it to me, that's the pack.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    The penthouse is kinda a house on a higher level and the apartments are shells and you can't build your own. That's it to me, that's the pack.

Penthouses are flying lots with FX bellow. They spent more time doing FX than making gameplay for this EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Actually @SimGuruEugi said they are lots so you can make them whatevee type of lot you want, not just residential.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Oh, I just realized what I might not like about the high rise lots, is that the camera gets wonky and if you put your camera off the edge by a bit, the camera will just drop down like crazy. :\ I hope they don't do that tho for these apartments.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I personally have never like apartments in sims starting with sims 2. I only bought sims 2 apartments because of the supernatural life state included, which ended up being difficult to meet and become that life state. I suppose no one remembers the fights on sims 2 forums about the that expansion pack because of the lack of supernaturals versus sims 1 which had Makin Magic. That's why in sims 3 they gave us a supernaturals expansion pack again. This of course was also fought over with those who wanted seasons first. I guess my point is I remember fighting over apartments and supernaturals since the beginning too lol.

That all being said, I'm pretty neutral on the apartments for sims 4. I can empathize with those who are dislike it. I feel badly that people are posting they are quitting sims 4 because of this expansion and I hope they do find something else they love to replace this game.

I am liking the other parts of City Life such as the grungy parts (cockroaches, dirty house), the lot traits, and the festivals. Even some of the smaller glimpses we have gotten with actives like the basketball looks fun. Festivals was something I enjoyed in sims 3, so I will most likely enjoy them in sims 4 too. I also feel like living in the city and having these different traits for any lot will give me more stories to play with. I like doing stories with sims, which I can actually write them down again in game with sims 4.
  • pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    edited September 2016
    Honestly, I understand the rage and disappointment.
    However, I'm stoked and I haven't been this excited since Dine Out. I will definitely be buying it. I've been let down a bit by other packs before, but it's honestly no different than let downs for other video games I've bought. Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 werent all they were hyped to be, but there are things I like. I don't expect some abstract perfection that I can't be sure of from a video game. In my opinion, it's a lot like cooking. Everyone likes their steak cooked differently, and a good chef will try to accommodate everyone's tastes, but no matter what they can't please everyone.

I'm rambling a bit. But despite The Sims being a major part of my childhood and having played every iteration, I do welcome change within the game. TS2 was different than TS1 and TS2 stories was way different too. Urbz was different than the gameboy versions, which was different from bustin' out. These were all different from TS3. And TSM (medieval) was different than all of those too. And now TS4 is different than all the others. Like I said, I welcome the change. I may not adore everthing the devs do, but I want to see where the game goes.

Anyway, I'm buying the game ;)

Edit: typos
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Ms_Pocket wrote: »
    When I first saw the apartments trailer and saw the lot traits, I was like plum??? But after thinking about it and watching the video a couple more times I've decided I'm a little excited about them. In real life, different apartments have different feels to them (I've lived in one that could almost have had the 'filthy' trait, and the one I live in now is a bit more inspiring), so I feel it could add a little something new to gameplay. I just read that there's supposed to be about 20 different lot traits--that seems like an awful lot! (pun fully intended.) I'm hoping that lot traits can be changed because some of them are bound to be ridiculous.

I didn't give the lot traits much thought either, as I initially saw them as the "feature" that was going to be the Sims team's excuse for us not building our own apartments, but I agree they can definitely enhance gameplay and not just in apartments, as they're confirmed to be available for (nearly) every lot type. This could add a lot of character and another dimension of storytelling which we've never had before, which is good. I think this is actually going to be the new feature that I use the most from this pack, although it's disappointing we won't be getting it in a free update or something as I think this dimension of creativity and storytelling should be available to everyone, not just those of us who can shell out $40 for a new expansion. Would have been nice if we had a bit more warning on this release so that those of us with lower income could save up ;)
    Arletta wrote: »
    I grant you to visit your neighbour that means a loading screen, but like I said, wasn't expecting anything different. You can see what's going on outside from your apartment window, apparently. Festivals, karaoke, games consoles, bubble blowers, basketball, all make me happy.

I know a lot of people are upset by the loading screens, which makes sense coming from the Sims 3 where there was basically no loading screens... and when there were they could be upwards of 10 minutes long. Honestly these loading screens don't bother me, but that's probably because I have a high end PC. If I was playing on my laptop, I would probably be just as frustrated by the loading screens as everyone else is.

I hope the best for these festivals and I think there was a food truck as well in the trailer, but out of these new items the one I'm most excited about is game consoles. I know this isn't a major feature for everyone but I'm looking forward to my nerdy Sims being able to play video games together :)

I was just really hoping that the Sims team would give us as much creativity in apartments as they have in everything else so far, but yes of course I'm excited for all the new build items and the options given to us with the lot traits :)
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Actually @SimGuruEugi said they are lots so you can make them whatevee type of lot you want, not just residential.

I can see this working great with the option to build restaurants and stores, which wasn't a feature I had really thought of with apartments. While this is cool, I think building our own apartments (and I know we can customize the penthouses completely) from scratch is more what the community was looking for.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Oh, I just realized what I might not like about the high rise lots, is that the camera gets wonky and if you put your camera off the edge by a bit, the camera will just drop down like crazy. :\ I hope they don't do that tho for these apartments.

Oh, that drives me crazy when I'm trying to build/get screenshots on anything taller than a couple floors... I'm willing to bet the apartments will do that as well, hopefully they'll fix that game-wide in a patch sometime.
    Honestly, I understand the rage and disappointment.
    However, I'm stoked and I haven't been this excited since Dine Out. I will definitely be buying it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've bought every pack so far and will definitely be getting this one as well. I think they could have done more with this pack, but all in all it will be a good EP (probably second only to Get to Work) and even if it doesn't add all the features we hoped for, it will add some new features that will still breathe some new life into the game.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    @Snowie
    Oh I love building in this game and don't think I can truly express how disappointed I was when I found out we can't build our own apartments or place them in other worlds. But I have found other things in thus pack that excite me, especially the lot traits, so I'm still looking forward to it. I was mainly directing that response to someone who seemed to think they could only be houses. But actually quite a few of us are excited at the idea of being able to put a restaurant in the penthouse slot. Make for some awesome views while your sims eat.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    My opinion having a few days to think about this EP and my own boring game which ended in June with some bugs or possibly more annoying things like I posted in May. After trying DO for a few days (which I thought was a very good GP for entertaining my Sims' friends) which then ended with relationship culling, I was not thrilled with the news apartment shells are only available in the new world/town.

I was livid. I wanted Apartment Life TS2.2.5 Can't deny that, because I like building all sorts of types of units my Sims can live in such as not only tenements and apartment buildings enclosed or open breezeway, but trailer parks, duplexes, condos, lined up connected town houses, garage apartment over the neighbor's garage, or rent out a few rooms or rent them their own flat on the top floor of my Sim's building or home.

Looks like I won't be getting the new and improved Apartment Life EP remake. Give me a few more days or another month to weigh the good with against the bad.

What do I want most in this game? No it's not toddlers, no it's not more stuff, no it's not even CAW but those things are way up there in my list of things I would want and need but not my top priority.

What I want are the Sims to have consequences for their actions and choices. Life and Death consequences. What I want is these Sims' traits to truly define exactly who they are, and to somehow build on their personalities with more layers upon layers of who they really are.

I want them to stop being so darn happy, and know what is going on around them and it affect their entire life. A jilted Sim seems to me might carry that jaded feeling for a few years not just an hour. I want them to struggle not live a pampered life.

Can this EP bring me some of that back into The Sims? I don't know, maybe in some small way with living in a cheap apartment but what happens if they leave it? I think we can apply some of the lot traits (or all) to other places so can I keep a struggling Sim for a few more years until 'I' think they should have an easier life and go back to being overly happy, yes. Is that going to be enough for me to love TS4 with this one EP which can possibly help me play some of my style of playing, no, but it's a start. But whether it actually works like they say it will is another matter. I'm not concerned about a new world, but the heart of the problem about the game. And I'm always looking for ways to root out those problems and bring these Sims back inline with the older games which are much more fun. The lot traits are a start for my grunge rags to riches or torture style. Will it be everything, no.

ETA: But it's a start and leaning toward the EP rather than farther away.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I was disappointed that we couldn't build our own apartments, but I do like that we can change the interior layouts of them, and the lot traits I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with (just wish that earthquakes had more consequence that a moodlet).
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I was mainly directing that response to someone who seemed to think they could only be houses. But actually quite a few of us are excited at the idea of being able to put a restaurant in the penthouse slot. Make for some awesome views while your sims eat.

They will definitely make for a nice view, and a different lifestyle experience for sure :)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I was livid. I wanted Apartment Life TS2.2.5 Can't deny that, because I like building all sorts of types of units my Sims can live in such as not only tenements and apartment buildings enclosed or open breezeway, but trailer parks, duplexes, condos, lined up connected town houses, garage apartment over the neighbor's garage, or rent out a few rooms or rent them their own flat on the top floor of my Sim's building or home.

Looks like I won't be getting the new and improved Apartment Life EP remake. Give me a few more days or another month to weigh the good with against the bad.

What do I want most in this game? No it's not toddlers, no it's not more stuff, no it's not even CAW but those things are way up there in my list of things I would want and need but not my top priority.

What I want are the Sims to have consequences for their actions and choices. Life and Death consequences. What I want is these Sims' traits to truly define exactly who they are, and to somehow build on their personalities with more layers upon layers of who they really are.

I want them to stop being so darn happy, and know what is going on around them and it affect their entire life. A jilted Sim seems to me might carry that jaded feeling for a few years not just an hour. I want them to struggle not live a pampered life.

Can this EP bring me some of that back into The Sims? I don't know, maybe in some small way with living in a cheap apartment but what happens if they leave it? I think we can apply some of the lot traits (or all) to other places so can I keep a struggling Sim for a few more years until 'I' think they should have an easier life and go back to being overly happy, yes. Is that going to be enough for me to love TS4 with this one EP which can possibly help me play some of my style of playing, no, but it's a start. But whether it actually works like they say it will is another matter. I'm not concerned about a new world, but the heart of the problem about the game. And I'm always looking for ways to root out those problems and bring these Sims back inline with the older games which are much more fun. The lot traits are a start for my grunge rags to riches or torture style. Will it be everything, no.

ETA: But it's a start and leaning toward the EP rather than farther away.

Very well stated, and I think you hit the nail on the head as far as what the real problem people have with the game is. The game feels too shallow, and the stories are less interesting than previous iterations. I remember in TS2 when you were able to play families who had a real story... you could play as one of the families in a century-old feud, or could play as a single mother with two kids and another on the way. These stories weren't made by the text in their description or their personality traits, but by how they interacted and reacted to the world around them. I've tried to re-create these kind of stories in TS4, but nothing can be more than superficial, especially if you want to share these creations with the community via the gallery. I love the gallery and think it's a great way to share creations, but I think that TS4 in general has far less depth and intrigue to it as previous iterations of the game did. Be this from your friends and grandparents being culled, or just bad programming in the progression of Sims outside of your family, there's a depth to the game that's just missing. As Lazy Game Reviews said, you know what you're going to see 100 hours into the game after playing 5 hours of it.

How can this be fixed? I'm not sure. Making the unplayed Sims actually do things like get married and have kids, or die prematurely, might be a good start. I've always wished for deadly diseases in the Sims... or for your Sims to actually be injured by that car that drove through them and have to go to the hospital. Even pregnancies in TS4 seem very toned down as I can probably count on less than 10 fingers how many times my Sims have gotten morning sickness or had fun cravings for weird food.

Now, I'm getting totally off track here. I was upset at first (and admittedly when I first started this thread) about the fact that we couldn't build our own apartments. This was because I could see so much potential for such a feature with TS4 as we've seen with Dine Out and GTW. Please understand, I didn't just want to build apartments, I wanted my Sims to be able to own and run apartments! Obviously the shell-apartments we will be getting is far from the now very distant dream I once had for TS4 apartments. And I agree with you, we could have done so much with apartments in this game if implemented correctly. People have been begging for functional row homes and duplexes for as long as I can remember. But I think that what I missed when first posting about this pack is that these lot traits will be a big difference in the game, especially since they can be applied to every lot. It will add a layer of realism and even a layer of difficulty that we've never quite had before, and will probably be my favorite feature of this EP. You have a good point, though. With these lot traits we will have to be in control of them, and while the Sims has always felt like a game where you "play god", TS4 has taken a different route to where you have full control of everything, while other iterations it felt like you had to work against the game to be able to really succeed with your Sims. I think this is one reason why challenge playing has always been so big with the Sims, but especially in TS4. The most popular challenges force you to start from nothing and work your way up to whatever goal is set.

Perhaps what TS4 needs is a difficulty setting--one that changes how much you're paid, how much bills are, work performance gain, skill gain, etc. I really don't know what this game needs, and I don't think anyone does. I really hope that someone figures it out before every fan of the Sims loses interest. Maybe EA just needs a competitor to push them to make their game the best out there.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    I am deeply disappointed that we can not build our own apartment complexes. I'd like to see the dev team to tell us they'll change it in a update. That's what I'd like to see. But I know it's not going to happen. :( If they really listen to us, they'd do that. They would work on an update allowing us to build our own apartments, even if they could be just 2 or 3 flooors. That's my opinion.
    I am deeply disappointed that we can not build our own apartment complexes. I'd like to see the dev team to tell us they'll change it in a update. That's what I'd like to see. But I know it's not going to happen. :( If they really listen to us, they'd do that. They would work on an update allowing us to build our own apartments, even if they could be just 2 or 3 flooors. That's my opinion.

I would honestly pay for a game pack that just featured apartments and an apartment building tool, similar to Dine Out.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do like some aspects of the EP and I do not like other aspects of this EP. I like building what I like in any other neighborhoods, if I want to build a business center in one neighborhood I can and I want a mixture of Residential and Commercial I can do it. However with this EP you cannot use certain elements in any other neighborhood but the new neighborhood and sadly I looking beyond this EP and what Sims 4 can offer me and it is not much. I am waiting to see how Seasons going to play out if it does come out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'm disappointed with not being able to build apartments (or put them in other worlds), but I am liking what I see so far of the other features like lot traits, murals/street art, festivals, etc. I'm hoping there will be more information on these features.

Hopefully we can build apartments or something similar in a future pack or something.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)