Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No internet, can't go on origin offline mode to start the sims 4

SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
edited September 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hello, we have been having internet outages so I wish to play the sims 4 offline. I was able to fine yesterday but today origin won't let me log in and play due to a lack of Internet. I obviously own this game and have connected before so how can I get this working. It's endlessly frustrating. Thanks for any help!

**Edit: I "solved" it by using my phone as a hotspot allowing origin to connect just so it could go into offline mode. I don't know if there's another fix.
Post edited by SpecterCody on

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Another example as to why downloading everything is a very bad thing.We need to go back to having disc for games and as to your issue you may considering moving to someplace with better internet.
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Another example as to why downloading everything is a very bad thing.We need to go back to having disc for games and as to your issue you may considering moving to someplace with better internet.

@Bluebeard45 I agree that DRM is one of the worst things for the gaming industry. We rarely have problems, this is the first time we have had significant outages that recur for longer than a day. I resorted to using my phone as a hotspot to log in the go into offline mode. Whats the point of offline mode if you can't turn it on when offline, am I right? Maybe one day EA will get their crap together, its supposed to let you play offline if you logged in and registered a game at least once.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited September 2016
    I find it easy to play offline in Windows 10 but rarely do as I like to see the Gallery.

I've got Origin logged in and "Remember me" ticked. Windows 10 provides an icon on the taskbar to go into Flight mode instantly, afterwards I just click on the TS4_x64 Windows tile in the Start menu. Tried it just now with no problems.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited September 2016
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Now I'm having the same issue but I only have a pay as you gone phone without the use of internet. Should I just simply give up on playing the games that I paid for since origin will no longer allow me to play offline?!? I go to the library to install everything as I do not have internet at home but no matter what origin requires an online only log in that takes three or four times just to enter anyway! Before the update I had no issues with offline sign in but now it's a huge problem!
    Now I'm having the same issue but I only have a pay as you gone phone without the use of internet. Should I just simply give up on playing the games that I paid for since origin will no longer allow me to play offline?!? I go to the library to install everything as I do not have internet at home but no matter what origin requires an online only log in that takes three or four times just to enter anyway! Before the update I had no issues with offline sign in but now it's a huge problem!

Hello
    Try going to the library, and whilst there, uninstall and reinstall origin. Then see if you can play in offline mode then.
    Also right click the origin icon and click " run as administrator".
    @rosemow Do you mean the game library cause I don't see that there. Thank you for trying though.
    @rosemow Do you mean the game library cause I don't see that there. Thank you for trying though.

Hello @DegrassiGen
    I meant the physical library where you posted that you go to , for using the free internet for updating your game. You could go there to download and reinstall origin and see if that helps your issue.
    @Rosemow I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Thank you for your help! Your always doing your best to make sure Simmers across the community can be happy with their product and it never fails. Thank you a lot. Hopefully I won't have any more issues! :)
    @Rosemow I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Thank you for your help! Your always doing your best to make sure Simmers across the community can be happy with their product and it never fails. Thank you a lot. Hopefully I won't have any more issues! :)

You're welcome :)
    @DegrassiGen Yeah it may be that this new origin launcher is the problem. Like I said, one day it let me play offline and then the next day it said I have to log on once to be able to play offline. It seems like it failed to remember I logged on at some point. Apparently turning it to offline mode should let you play offline indefinitely so if you can manage to do that connected to some internet it should theoretically be ok.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Today is sunday... I do not work and I wanted to play the sims... my internet service provider is with a malfunction today. Guess what cant even play because origin wont let me log in off line. I came to my mother's house to see if I find a solution but till now i found none...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    @pandie00 If you have a phone that supports it, you can use a mobile hotspot feature to connect origin to the internet. You would also have to have a wifi adapter on your computer. If you connected to the internet at your brothers on your computer, origin would be able to connect and let you switch to offline mode. Then you could hopefully take it home and play.
  • CalaquendiCalaquendi Posts: 11 New Member
    Thats really not good.
    You have to be able to go online, to turn on offline mode?.. thats like grade 'A' stupidity.
    I agree we shouldn't abandon discs, but if we don't buy downloads.. they'll keep discs!
    @pandie00 If you have a phone that supports it, you can use a mobile hotspot feature to connect origin to the internet. You would also have to have a wifi adapter on your computer. If you connected to the internet at your brothers on your computer, origin would be able to connect and let you switch to offline mode. Then you could hopefully take it home and play.

Ty @SpecterCody My Internet service provider solved the connectivity issue... but its almost night here.. the feeling I have is like i do not own the game... is like they borrow the game to us in determined circumstances... I mean this isnt a mmorpg.. I should be able to play even if my connection was messed up :/
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3

pandie00 wrote: »

Ty @SpecterCody My Internet service provider solved the connectivity issue... but its almost night here.. the feeling I have is like i do not own the game... is like they borrow the game to us in determined circumstances... I mean this isnt a mmorpg.. I should be able to play even if my connection was messed up :/

Hello.
    It is good that your internet provider has fixed the connectivity issue.
    I am sorry that you had issues with going oflline. If it occurs again, try doing what SpecterCody suggested in the above post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15233894/#Comment_15233894
    Calaquendi wrote: »
    Thats really not good.
    You have to be able to go online, to turn on offline mode?.. thats like grade 'A' plum.
    I agree we shouldn't abandon discs, but if we don't buy downloads.. they'll keep discs!

@Calaquendi Yeah, I know right? If would be great if we didn't have to go online to turn on offline mode, whats the point even.

@pandie00 Its true, we really don't own games nowadays. We just pay for the rights to use them, and its very much on the publishers terms. If you got banned from an MMORPG style game, they would disable your account and force you to buy another copy of the game to play again.
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Bring back the disks! I really miss them! I do like the online gallery and game update components, but I really hate the offline/online handshake within origin. I always play offline, but, for some reason, I have to start the game with my internet connection on. Otherwise, the game opens choppy and lagging for some reason. But if I open the game with the Internet on, to the point where I can either play game or go into CAS, then it works fine. I can then shut my Internet Hub connection off and play without issue.

It was so nice just popping in a cd and not having to worry about any kind of connection issue.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Calaquendi wrote: »
    Thats really not good.
    You have to be able to go online, to turn on offline mode?.. thats like grade 'A' plum.

Not really. Last time I had no internet at all and when you open Origin, it will automatically ask you to enter your password and then it will be on offline mode. But you have to be logged in via online the very first time you use Origin.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Not really. Last time I had no internet at all and when you open Origin, it will automatically ask you to enter your password and then it will be on offline mode. But you have to be logged in via online the very first time you use Origin.

Ah that makes more sense.. Just @SpecterCody 's solution was to use his hotspot, which seemed ridiculous. But obviously its more a 'work around' to a glitch, than the official method.
    @DeKay @Calaquendi I had to do that because for some reason Origin wasn't remembering I had logged on previously. Any login attempt I tried told me I had to log in at least once before I could go into offline mode. I recall the day before it let me log in even though I didn't currently have internet.
    edited September 2016
    @DeKay @Calaquendi I had to do that because for some reason Origin wasn't remembering I had logged on previously. Any login attempt I tried told me I had to log in at least once before I could go into offline mode. I recall the day before it let me log in even though I didn't currently have internet.

Yeah me too!! one day to another!

12-01-2017 <3

pandie00 wrote: »

Yeah me too!! one day to another!

Ah @SpecterCody I see, so yeah a glitch, I thought was always the case for some reason. Sounded tedious. haha duh.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    That isn't a glitch with Origin 10 (The new Origin.) It's intentional that you have to be ONLINE to log in the first time you use Origin 10. I don't know why they did that but, I'm guessing it's a security thing to re validate all of the accounts with the servers.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    @DarkAmaranth1966 seeing as I had to be online to download Origin 10, Its a safe bet I was online the first time I used it too. I think it might be a glitch that prevents it from remembering that you previously logged in. I'd wager its due to the new Origin not being ironed out yet.