Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires in city life PLEASE

Comments

• fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    Yes Life State in New EP :) Werewolf or Vampire or not
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    hay guys i updated my pettition check it, its in my sig
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sadly no life stages.

Personally I like supernatural with all of them in one pack.tho the small sizes of EP with TS4 seems unlikely we will ever get supernatral quite as big as the one from TS3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm surprised they haven't included vampires. I'm a tad gutted about that. I would have liked an occult in each expansion. I'm assuming there will be a supernatural ep at some point which is a shame as adding the occults in each expansion would mean there would be no need for a supernatural expansion and that would then free up an expansion slot for a new theme.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm surprised they haven't included vampires. I'm a tad gutted about that. I would have liked an occult in each expansion. I'm assuming there will be a supernatural ep at some point which is a shame as adding the occults in each expansion would mean there would be no need for a supernatural expansion and that would then free up an expansion slot for a new theme.

I would rather they free up space in an EP by leaving out supernaturals and making more room for the stuff that goes with that EP.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    They better make a Supernatural or a Monster Pack for the Characters that I want, cause I am sick and tired of all the Sun and daisy garbage period, that is My opinion bout it.
    They better make a Supernatural or a Monster Pack for the Characters that I want, cause I am sick and tired of all the Sun and daisy garbage period, that is My opinion bout it.

We all read your posts and understand that supernaturals are important to your game and how much you want them, but you are sounding rude and disrespectful to others and the devs. Feel free to voice your opinion but please dial back your tone. Happy simming.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    To be honest, I would prefer getting an occult creature in each EP than having them all in one EP. Here is my point: we, supernatural lovers, are not the major part of the sims community, it will take a very long time to wait for a Supernatural like EP (and it may never appear btw). On the other hand, I didn't like how annoing and caricature was the supernatural theme in TS3:Supernatural or Sims: Making Magic. A whole town full of strange creatures, with withces riding brooms everywhere and teleportation booths on every corner? No, thanks :)
    In each EP until now we got a little gift - a new supernatural life state related to the EP theme, and we were happy with it. Besides the new life state could use new features of the EP: mermaids lived uder the water in Island Paradise or mummies could be found in tombs in World Adventures. Having an EP only about supernatural is just boring.
    That's why I would not like to get new life states only in special packs. And I think it's very selfish to say: "please, no life state, just put more "normal" content!" A new life state is really a small feature (comparing to the EP) that is very important for many players.
  • JDones94JDones94 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm still in hope for a Super Natural EP I used it all the time as soon as it came out I bought it so I'm really hoping to see a better version of it for TS4
    Brinn wrote: »
    To be honest, I would prefer getting an occult creature in each EP than having them all in one EP. Here is my point: we, supernatural lovers, are not the major part of the sims community, it will take a very long time to wait for a Supernatural like EP (and it may never appear btw). On the other hand, I didn't like how annoing and caricature was the supernatural theme in TS3:Supernatural or Sims: Making Magic. A whole town full of strange creatures, with withces riding brooms everywhere and teleportation booths on every corner? No, thanks :)
    In each EP until now we got a little gift - a new supernatural life state related to the EP theme, and we were happy with it. Besides the new life state could use new features of the EP: mermaids lived uder the water in Island Paradise or mummies could be found in tombs in World Adventures. Having an EP only about supernatural is just boring.
    That's why I would not like to get new life states only in special packs. And I think it's very selfish to say: "please, no life state, just put more "normal" content!" A new life state is really a small feature (comparing to the EP) that is very important for many players.

A life state is not small at all. You're not just wearing a vampire costume. There are lots of vampire actions and other sims reactions and stuff that must be programmed in. Small? Not by a long shot. That's why I want them separate from an EP so that they can have all the programming space they deserve.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would rather they free up space in an EP by leaving out supernaturals and making more room for the stuff that goes with that EP.

I have to agree with this, as one of those people who bought the Sims 2 and 3 packs that put lots of development into vampires I wasn't interested in. I basically got half a nightlife or urban pack each time. I'd have liked a whole one, without shoving vampires in. I know there's a fan club for having a supernatural in every EP, but there's a fan club for not doing that too, and it's an equally valid opinion to have.

Oh - and I think that Sims 3 Supernaturals would have been better if it had focused on just a couple of supernaturals, not all of them. Even if I had to give up my fairies (which ended up being the only ones I played with in the end). I'm Team Separate Supernaturals and Team Give Each One Enough Development.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2016
    Personally I felt they did amazing with supernatural all together and made both more types and fuller fledged with some of the past ones.

Fairys
    Witch's
    Werewolves

We're done very well.
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I have to agree with this, as one of those people who bought the Sims 2 and 3 packs that put lots of development into vampires I wasn't interested in.

But each EP, with supernaturals or without them, has a lot of content you may be not interested in. For example, I am not interested in night clubs part of TS4:Get Togeter or TS3:Night Life. So what? I am not complaining that I get only a half of content. I know many players who actually like that part of the game. So they get what they want and I get what I want. But with The Sims 4 EPs situation is: you still have only a half of content you desire and I have nothing. You are talking about life states like if they were "not necessary" part of the game. But they are one of the main features of EPs for some players.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have to agree with this, as one of those people who bought the Sims 2 and 3 packs that put lots of development into vampires I wasn't interested in.

But each EP, with supernaturals or without them, has a lot of content you may be not interested in. For example, I am not interested in night clubs part of TS4:Get Togeter or TS3:Night Life. So what? I am not complaining that I get only a half of content. I know many players who actually like that part of the game. So they get what they want and I get what I want. But with The Sims 4 EPs situation is: you still have only a half of content you desire and I have nothing. You are talking about life states like if they were "not necessary" part of the game. But they are one of the main features of EPs for some players.

Yep, they were a main feature for some players. Doesn't mean that they wouldn't have been better as separate packs. Like I said, I'm not anti-supernaturals. I'm anti-squishing-them-in-just-because. They and everything else get less development that way, less focus on them. I think that the people who like the supernaturals deserve to get better supernatural packs just as much as I would like to have a city pack that has more city and not part city part supernatural. You want vampires? Maybe they should come as something other than a corner of an EP that's largely about something else. Maybe they deserve to be not 1/4 of an EP but a full GP on their own, or half an EP, with another EP as another popular supernatural or a bunch of other features that really "say" vampires - which, honestly, skyscrapers don't do. I think supernaturals deserve more. Giving them a corner of a pack is less. I'm not asking for this just for me: I'm looking at pack structure overall. I mean, I want farming, right? But I want it fully fleshed out, not just a corner of a pets pack. And I think that should be the case with any big area of play. Even the ones I don't have as much personal interest in (but have always bought anyway).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2016

Indeed.

Honestly, the Sims 4 is pretty useless to me without supernaturals. Last thing EA needs to do is try my patience and done waste my time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Once upon a time there was such a thing as a fleshed out EP that had many features including an alternate life state. My last EP was a club grouping and a closet.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

We all read your posts and understand that supernaturals are important to your game and how much you want them, but you are sounding rude and disrespectful to others and the devs. Feel free to voice your opinion but please dial back your tone. Happy simming.

I am being Rude and Disrespectful because I want what I want for My Game? yup okay what ever you say, I am the one who has been waiting from Day 1 for anything that I can use for the Sims 4 for My game play, But I can guess that you Probably got much of what you wanted so far , so spare Me the lecture, cause it is on deaf's Ears, and Especially do not tell Me how to feel bout anything at all, Since I do not tell others how to feel or what they can or can not say period.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I understand the desire for supernaturals. I loved my vampires in the Sims 3. In fact one of my very favorite Sims in the Sims 3 was one of the vampires in Bridgeport. I am willing to wait for an expansion that deals strictly with supernaturals, but I can understand others that want them or other life states put in with the EPs now rather than having to wait.
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I really wanted them too :(
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

The problem is how long they are taking on making EPs. We still haven't gotten the most popular EP (pets, weather and university)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • JDones94JDones94 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't really understand why they decided on taking out a lot of things from EP and why they're taking so long to actually come out. It's a bit disappointing wen they remove a lot of things that people are asking about like "vampires" on city life or the "star level"
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    JDones94 wrote: »
    I don't really understand why they decided on taking out a lot of things from EP and why they're taking so long to actually come out. It's a bit disappointing wen they remove a lot of things that people are asking about like "vampires" on city life or the "star level"

I don't really know. There are a different theories I've seen here. Take your pick.

A. They kept the game empty so they could sell the content to you in packs.
    B. They didn't have time to finish the game so you got an empty game.
    C. The game has been kept simple because it's emulating a tablet/phone game.
    D. They found out people would buy empty games so why not.
    F. Telemetry says people don't play with features so why add them.
    G. They are having problems getting things to work in the game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I understand the desire for supernaturals. I loved my vampires in the Sims 3. In fact one of my very favorite Sims in the Sims 3 was one of the vampires in Bridgeport. I am willing to wait for an expansion that deals strictly with supernaturals, but I can understand others that want them or other life states put in with the EPs now rather than having to wait.

Thank you kindly, :)
    Orchid13 wrote: »

The problem is how long they are taking on making EPs. We still haven't gotten the most popular EP (pets, weather and university)

Exactly, I totally agree, for those like Me who have been waiting from Day 1, it feels like it is taking forever for anything that I or others wish to use in My or their game play, and yes I say others cause some have spoken to Me about the stuff they are missing from their games as well, i just hope we all get the items and chars we all want soon, cause it is horrible waiting, the only people who seem to be happy with the game now are ones who have gotten stuff they liked or wanted so far, so those of us like Me who have not yet, We also have a right to state how we feel bout what is going on as well, not just the happy go lucky people, that is how I also feel bout it.
    Things (like vampires) are not "left out" of the pack if they were never intending to be put them in.