Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what washer dryer model would you love to see and have in game and laundry room styles

Hello to all simmers this idea thread is to show @SimGuruGraham what kind of washer dryers wringer washers clothes line we would like to see in game so feel free to post pictures of the models washer dryer you would like to see in game as well as laundry room style rooms for your sims home to add to your sims homes here are a couple of models i would love in the retro style

first choice

2zs38kx.jpg

Second choice

nbtdoy.jpg

Third choice

2zgdf1c.jpg

1990 to 2000 styles for more modern choice

2059xw.jpg

2n00e36.jpg

2zpsj89.jpg

Wringer washer with rinse bassin

28vyib5.jpg

Laundry room style i would love in game

34y3cy1.jpg

And i forgot for simmers that have limited space a combo washer dryer 2 in 1

2w50v2q.jpg

All simmers are welcome to post there ideas and pics of what they would love to see in the sp sorry not much choice in term of front load pics since i do not have much
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Hello to all simmers this idea thread is to show @SimGuruGraham what kind of washer dryers wringer washers clothes line we would like to see in game so feel free to post pictures of the models washer dryer you would like to see in game as well as laundry room style rooms for your sims home to add to your sims homes here are a couple of models i would love in the retro style

first choice

2zs38kx.jpg

Second choice

nbtdoy.jpg

Third choice

2zgdf1c.jpg

1990 to 2000 styles for more modern choice

2059xw.jpg

2n00e36.jpg

2zpsj89.jpg

Wringer washer with rinse bassin

28vyib5.jpg

Laundry room style i would love in game

34y3cy1.jpg

And i forgot for simmers that have limited space a combo washer dryer 2 in 1

2w50v2q.jpg

All simmers are welcome to post there ideas and pics of what they would love to see in the sp sorry not much choice in term of front load pics since i do not have much

This all sounds great, I have asked in My thread Items Sims 4 needs for all kinds of items needed, others have as well, so I am glad that you also added pics for this, thanks.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    thankyou @BlueBlack007 your welcome to post pictures of styles and models you would love as well as laundry room ideas fro premade rooms to get on the gallery
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    I always liked/wanted my Sims to do laundry. In fact, I'm washing a load irl right now. I just hate folding. (lol)

I'm okay with all different types even the very old school ringer types. Yeah I'm old enough to have used one. :*

I prefer the laundry room be a separate room and not in/part of the kitchen. I don't mind a laundry room/mud room combo.

But I really like the modern stuff they have now.
    modern-laundry-room.jpg

I would love to have stackable washers & dryers too as they work well in small spaces.
    92971b610a4fbe78c5c4eaae36e69e1e.jpg
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I like the idea of washers and dryers, and have an idea for how they could be utilized.

They could act as stand alone objects, and can be placed wherever they can fit. Or, they can be placed INSIDE a counter top!

It would save a lot of space! :smiley:

As for the models, I like the models with the doors on their sides. I'm not a fan of doors on the tops. :o
    before i forget who think that the sims mom for simmers that plays with aging on should have an interaction teach how to do laundry to her sims kids and @Tarruvi the object of this thread is to be able to have as many ideas possible for @SimGuruGraham to add if there engough simmers asking for a laundry sp

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I would prefer a laundry room to look modern. More like the pic Blunote00 posted. Definitely want front loaders and not old fashioned top loaders. But... having both styles would give builders more flexibility.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I keep thinking about all the mischief possibilities. >:) Pranks that make a huge bubbly mess that neat sims freak out about. The itching powder being used in the wash making the whole family itchy-as-heck for ages. Maybe the ability to dye the clothes so everyones clothes end up one color until a wash is done again.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I keep thinking about all the mischief possibilities. >:) Pranks that make a huge bubbly mess that neat sims freak out about. The itching powder being used in the wash making the whole family itchy-as-heck for ages. Maybe the ability to dye the clothes so everyones clothes end up one color until a wash is done again.

never tough of that great toughs or the sim mom ask 1 of her kids to put the laundry in the dryer or hang it on the clothes line but if the child sim is in a mischift mood he takes out the clean clothes but puts the clean clothes in the mud the sim mom see this but gets an angry moodlet because she has to rewash the whole load

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    How about a wash tub? Anyone remember Otto's Jugband Christmas? (a Muppets move without any of our lovable muppets). That way we could show passage of time in our legacy stories.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    How about all of them?? XD
    a few more portable washer and dryer that sims would have to roll up to the kitchen sink to hook up the washer and as for the dryer it would require to be near an open window with a special pipe to evacuate the extra lint outside

2guvzfl.jpg

models with side opening lids top load washer including a weigh scale to mesure the load to use the right amount or water

and for laundromats coin op models where sims would have to spend simoleons to be able to use the washer dryer

2hwp4dt.jpg

xb0qi9.jpg

2uz4712.jpg

5yud8k.jpg

5l8lu1.jpg

the more ideas posted the high chance such an sp will be made for the sims4 and taggin @SimGuruGraham to read topic

• PumpkinPanicPumpkinPanic Posts: 24 Member
    I'm on mobile, can someone post a picture of the tiny washer/dryer combo from dharma and Greg?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I would love to see styles like...

electrolux-washer-and-dryer.jpg
    Bosch-Compact-Washer-Dryer-Stacked-Remodelista-700x913.jpg
    dh2015_laundry-room_whirlpool-duet-washer-dryer_v.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.1920.jpeg

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    @aprilrose This laundry machines look awesome! I would love them!
    thank you to everyone if you have ideas keep posting them

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'd be fine with anything they give us, but I'd really like for them to add a small, under-the-counter model that would fit in the new apartments we're getting with City Living. Something like this:

64qq86.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey! That'll be great!!! :smiley:
    stack set for small closet or appartments and perfect for single sims or sims couples just starting out toghter

qownsk.jpg

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like the images of retro washer/dryers best. I'd like a more modern (but realistic, not ott and futuristic) version as well.

I would like them to break down and have upgrades for handy Sims.
    bringing this ideas thread back to life feel free to keep posting your ideas

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want ones like @aprilrose
    giphy_1.gif
    keep posting your ideas this thread needs to stay alive

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I'm not a huge fun of the old fashioned ones or generally the ones with doors on the top but they're all cute. My favorites are the pics posted by @blunote00 and @aprilrose I love the modern look (reminds me of the style of the game's current best kitchen appliances) and I think it'd look great to get some in the Cool Kitchen SP style as well!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    Don't forget washing lines, both rotary and pole type, as well as indoor drying racks for people that live in apartments and rainy days (with Seasons). More environmentally friendly than driers, and they are available as an alternative if the drier breaks down.

3ff7115c7c.jpg

5a7553b635.jpg

7244112d1b.jpg

s-l300.jpg

We also need the ability to hand-wash in sinks and bathtubs.

Also, what about combo washer/driers? They only require one object (complete wash and dry cycle without changing machines), but the downside is if 1 part breaks, the whole thing does.

• MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    No. Dont like this idea. Do NOT put washers in the game