Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Badly Need New Afro Hair Textures

2...Next

Comments

• lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    MicemSims wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd even be very happy if they retextured the existing afros and added more in like the ones LumiaLoverSims made. I used to use these but I really don't want to go back to using custom content again.

kPDNR9a.png
    LAP183x.png
    oAJgVA7.png

Those are nice, I don't use CC so I'd love if they did retexture the base game fros to be more textured... As for curls, I understand the lack of them...they are expensive to do. "Expensive" in animation does not mean only from a money perspective at all, but time consuming as well as graphically consuming. More so than straighter, more blocky hair. (That's true in regular drawing, draw straight hair versus curly, you just have to put more work and detail in to be convincing) Also, given the art style of TS4, it's unlikely we'd get curls that look the way people are thinking. Natural/textured hair is more convincing looking when it can be less uniform, curls and strains tend to go everywhere in some cases, and with no hair animation, it's harder to get that across too.
  • Xxblast35Xxblast35 Posts: 30 New Member
    We also need nappy hair
  • Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    Ebonix sims has figured out how to make this work, but that requires CC and I know everyone is not comfortable with that idea. Here is a link if you're interested.
    Beware of language. Search ebonixsimblr on google. You'll find it.

It doesn't look good and are off, but she did her best anyway...
    She also creates political CCs too...

You don't like it? Happens. Not for everyone.
    There are quite a few political things on her site. I feel like they're good quality though.
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I definitely agree. I wish I had more curly/long afros especially.
  • Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    I remember them making more african hair styles as downloadable content for the sims 3. As a African American I understand that African hair styles are different than African American hair styles but the ability to make them is there.

...doesn't really take serious programming to make hair...not like toddlers... didn't know we still had trolls...
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited September 2016
    mika wrote: »
    To be honest, afros in TS4 is not easy to make, seriously one of the developer use a freaking cauliflower as the concept for an afro in the base game.

But the dreads are WONDERFULLY made!!!!

How are they any more difficult to make than straight hair textures? If they've done it before and CC creators can do it, then there's no excuse. I think the female small afro and the styled male afros are great.

because the polygons in the sims 4 are way lower than sims 3, even if you created one, it would look too solid and look like some sort of play doh.
    I think the female small afro and the styled male afros are great.
    that I agree, it just that the one large afro in the base game ticks me off because they used a freaking CAULIFLOWER as the concept art....
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    that I agree, it just that the one large afro in the base game ticks me off because they used a freaking CAULIFLOWER as the concept art....

Honestly, the only way I think we're going to get more textured hair is if there is more diversity within the creators team. Why use cauliflower when you can use actual hair? Because there was no one familiar with actual coily/afro-textured hair around.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    pinedasgal wrote: »

Honestly, the only way I think we're going to get more textured hair is if there is more diversity within the creators team. Why use cauliflower when you can use actual hair? Because there was no one familiar with actual coily/afro-textured hair around.

Exactly my thoughts. They had no physical reference so they Googled some cauliflower and this is the result we get. A shame
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    MicemSims wrote: »
    @catloverplayer
    That's not strictly a textured hair. To me that could be the hair of any ethnicity.

Still it looks good on black females.

Of course it does but that is not the purpose of this thread. OP would like hair specifically for American American sims. Not find which hair already in game "would work" on them. AA hair deserves another go until they get it right.
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts. They had no physical reference so they Googled some cauliflower and this is the result we get. A shame

Could they not have just Googled an actual afro rather than a cauliflower. *facepalm*
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    edited September 2016
  • NolaQueen90NolaQueen90 Posts: 4 New Member
    The side swept braids in get together need to be longer....I've always wanted to use them on my sim but they don't match the actual length of my hair ( she's based on me even though I personally don't wear braids ) The "bountiful bun" is actually very pretty to me...I use the high bun in the game but It does look like a lump...some texture would make it look gorgeous...I'd also like longer ethnic hairstyles, because black people CAN AND DO grow hair.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I consider that curly hair not afro (those pics are my hair after a straighten it lol) but I totally agree. More curls and fros! And better textures, the base game afro is just a lump.

I may not be an African American or Latin American person, but that looks a lot like my hair ( but I have too much frizzy where her curls are what I aspire my own ringlets to look like lol hers is gorgeous in the pictures) looks like the same kind of curls, unless I straighten it too.

I agree they need better done hair in more diverse ways, none of the styles they tried to pass off as diverse look the way they should. Many other styles have better texture and I hope they will add more styles that are diverse and do a better job with them, its not fair that they only recently started to realize it was an issue, it should have been implemented better to begin with.