Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haunted Houses

Halloween is coming upon us fast, folks. It will not be long before our Sims start donning costumes and hosting spooky parties!

So, speaking of spooky...

How many of you simmers have recreated infamous haunted houses and "evil places" in your worlds?

From the Amityville Horror house to the Elm Street house to the Bates Motel to the Insidious house...

Have any of you added any of these stigmatized properties or some other touches of evil to your otherwise peaceful Sims neighborhoods? Or, have you opted to add haunted houses of your own design?

Please feel free to share your spooky homes and haunted places with the rest of us >:)

Comments

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    The Amityville Horror house has appeared in my Sims 2, 3, and 4. I have seen the real house in person and am absolutely in love with the house and neighborhood!

Sims 2

330gsh2.jpg

2pz02f6.jpg[IMG][/img]123o3gn.jpg

Sims 3

wc1tds.jpg

r0v4v7.jpg

sdldt5.jpg

Sims 4

15ey0l3.jpg

11lh5rp.jpg

2qv3ukx.jpg

219nkzs.jpg

wl39u8.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    You have reflected the Amityville house so very well in each of the Sims 2, 3 and 4 versions of the game! :) The exteriors of the builds reflect so well the real life home that you have based it on! It is great seeing the pictures of the different versions and seeing the diffent ways that you used the building tools of each of the versions and the different build/buy mode items from each sims game to create a simsversion of the home. The ghosts, tombstones and pumpkins in the outdooors areas , and the orange wall lights, look great in the Sims 4 version! The upper balcony patio, the roof covered front porch entrance and the curved roofing in each of the builds reflects the original well!
    They are very nice sims game versions of the home :)
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I'm an Aussie so we don't celebrate Halloween but I've done a couple of my own designs for Sims 4. First one is Spooky Mansion and the second is Whetherwich Cottage. Both are on the Gallery.

05-29-15_5-30nbspPM_zps5uezgdyy.png

10-22-15_8-24-46nbspPM_zpsxoawiant.png
  • Options
    Spooky Mansion and Whetherwich Cotttage are great spooky themed/haunted house builds! @sawdust :) The exterior designs of them look great! The roofing give great looks to the builds! The roof tower in Spooky Mansion and the dormers in Whetherwich Cottage look great! Very nice front steps entrance to Spooky Mansion. The knight looks great near the door. The barren tree and the plants in Whetherwich Cottage suits the theme well.
    The builds look great! :)
  • Options
    @ Rosemow Thank you much! I keep waiting for the quarter moon windows in each sims release to add that final, perfect touch. I think there are mods for those windows but I don't use mods.

@sawdust Wow your houses look amazing! If I was a ghost, I'd live there for sure! Love the greenish light behind the windows too.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @ShaddBoi I love each interpretation of that house in all the games but I find the TS4 version creepier then the rest.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @ShaddBoi I love each interpretation of that house in all the games but I find the TS4 version creepier then the rest.

S4 version is def my favorite. I hope we get a supernatural expansion so I can really make it a creepy place to live!
  • Options
    saskut0saskut0 Posts: 53 Member
    Oooh haunted houses. Yes please! <3
  • Options
    @saskut0 Agreed! Love em!
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited September 2016
    A creation based on the Amityville Horror House made in The Sims 4.

28890744934_16a6c6909d_z.jpg

Album here

I didn't use any CC, so unfortunately the distinctive quarter-moon windows aren't there.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Your sims gameversion of the Amityville House reflects it so very well! @The_Dismal_Scientist :) The exterior looks very great! The roofing and dormers look very nice. The red exterior lighting looks great! Nice upper balcony art nook. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, in the outdoors air. The hedging looks nice along the edges of the home. The sunflowers are a nice touch on the edge of the front porch railing. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice sofa seat sitting nook in the foyer area. The pictures on the walls are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The living room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas chatting, listening to radio music and watching tv, and the fireplace will keep the room warm. The flowers are a nice touch on the coffee table for sims to see when sitting there. The grandfather clock looks great there. Very nice bar room! The curved bar counter looks great! Sims wil enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar, or have fun playing foosball. The drinks display shelves and teapot shelf look great on the wall. Very nice dining room! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table and the type of dining chairs used looks very nice. Nice computer corner nook. The note board is a great touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The windows chess area is nice for sims to have fun playing chess with sunshine coming in.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    @The_Dismal_Scientist That looks awesome! Love the red lighting...makes it look extra creepy.

I am still waiting for EA to give us some quarter moon windows as well. That would be the finishing touch for our Amityville Houses.