We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims sitting on the ground/floor. How? :o

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to put this sorry if it's not the right place :D
So I was at my restaurant and I saw this woman sitting on the ground, on her knees, I didn't know this was a part of the game and I really liked the idea so I was wondering how i can do this with my own sims..? Is there an interaction or my sims have to do it on their own?
And have you guys ever seen this in your game again? :o I'm surprised..lol
1zv2ufd.png

Comments

• simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    My young Sims often sit like that when they do there homework.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    They can do it autonomously but, there isn't a command to make them do it.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    If I don't put chairs around my puppet theater, my sims will do this to watch the show. Kids also do it to do their homework. I've never seen a command for it though.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's an autonomous action. First time I saw it was when my sim played with his daughter at the doll house. Been in since launch.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    Oh my gosh this is so cool! :open_mouth:
    I've never seen this! Sad that it's only autonomous. I'd love to have my sims to sit on the ground and hang out.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Sims will do that if they're interacting and talking with someone but there isn't any seats close enough to the Sim that's talking for them to sit down on.

Mostly you run into this with kids who are listening to a story or doing their homework but teens and adults will do it as well on occasion. Sims will also do it even if there is available chairs if both their hands are full for some reason (like on the occasions where they're holding two drinks for whatever reason). I think it's because having both hands full prevents them from being able to pull the chair/stool out to sit on it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah it's automatous. only once have my sims done this and it was early on last year. I just wish they were sitting, not kneeling.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Sims will do that if they're interacting and talking with someone but there isn't any seats close enough to the Sim that's talking for them to sit down on.

Mostly you run into this with kids who are listening to a story or doing their homework but teens and adults will do it as well on occasion. Sims will also do it even if there is available chairs if both their hands are full for some reason (like on the occasions where they're holding two drinks for whatever reason). I think it's because having both hands full prevents them from being able to pull the chair/stool out to sit on it.

Yes, the sim in my avi does this a lot in cafe's as I alway order two coffees for him. lol Poor guy, ends up kneeling on the ground while getting his caffeine fix. :D

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I've only seen my YAs do this
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    My sim did this with her kids when they were out in community space (no chairs around) and I had her read a book to them. They all knelt in the dirt, lol!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,326 Member
    Why does everyone say this is autonomous but I've played with YAs since the launch of the game and haven't seen this EVER? My sims have great leg power! :D
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    vDiiHWF.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Why does everyone say this is autonomous but I've played with YAs since the launch of the game and haven't seen this EVER? My sims have great leg power! :D

'cos it is lol. Invite a child sim over and get Dylan to play with the child at the dolls house... you'll see him kneel then. ;) It's autonomous because there is no command to get a sim to do this... it happens autonomously in certain situations. It's probably a boolean flag of some sort or rather within the game code... idk, I don't code man.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,326 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

'cos it is lol. Invite a child sim over and get Dylan to play with the child at the dolls house... you'll see him kneel then. ;) It's autonomous because there is no command to get a sim to do this... it happens autonomously in certain situations. It's probably a boolean flag of some sort or rather within the game code... idk, I don't code man.

Yeah, I get that it would happen while playing with a child at a doll's house cuz I'm guessing it's part of the animation but them just sitting on the ground with nothing around is kinda weird. :D Maybe once a sim has discovered kneeling, they will do that forever and there's no going back. :open_mouth:
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    vDiiHWF.gif
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Yeah, I get that it would happen while playing with a child at a doll's house cuz I'm guessing it's part of the animation but them just sitting on the ground with nothing around is kinda weird. :DMaybe once a sim has discovered kneeling, they will do that forever and there's no going back. :open_mouth:

lol..quite possibly. :joy: My sims have no hope then!!