Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    She's probably looking over the forums right now, or is at least going through the tags she's got. It's Monday, and she's told us that she spends time down in the studio as well as looking over the forums, so she might be busy, but who knows?
    Yeah she works both for the Sims 4 and Bejeweled Stars, so she can be quite busy. Probably a lot more she does that we don't know about too. Basically she's a superstar at her job. Welcome back @HIFreeBirdIH. Nice to see you again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Please don't dance around the insult you made. You clearly said this game is designed to be appealing to children and cats, ergo if you like it you are a child or cat. Unfair, honestly.
    At least stand behind your insult if you're going to throw them out there.

Sigh, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I highly recommend it.

I did say the game appears to be designed to be appealing to children (the cats part was hyperbole, which adults get). However, just because someone likes something designed to appeal to children does not mean they are a child. CrackerJacks are, I believe, marketed towards children. I love 'em. That does not make me a child. It makes me someone who like candy-coated popcorn and peanuts.

At least with CrackerJacks you get a prize in the box. Where's the prize in TS4? (Note: more hyperbole, in case you don't get it.)

Haven't you gotten it yet? You can post a perfectly innocent, much used idiom like " I just can't believe" saying "I just can't believe people like this game." and the next thing you know it will be taken it as a personal insult.

I know, what was I thinking?!? I think I'll go take an angry poop. (And, yeah, all the emphasis on pooping and peeing and farting in the game is so... so.... better not say it.) ;)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I know, what was I thinking?!? I think I'll go take an angry poop. (And, yeah, all the emphasis on pooping and peeing and farting in the game is so... so.... better not say it.) ;)

Relieving?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @06bon06

[/quote]You know I find it quite funny when americans say they have slow internet. I know your internet is slower than most of Europe and Asia but compared to internet in SA it is fast. Like when they say their internet is slow and have to wait like and hour maybe 2 for 10gb i have to wait at least 6 - 8 hours on the fastest connection available.[/quote]

Lolll I'm a South African too (Cape Town) and it once took me full-on two hours to download a 500MB update :lol:
    So yeah I am a bit dismayed because of the digital downloads, but whatever I just park at my friend's house early in the afternoon and leach their wifi LOL (but it's unlimited so no damage done :wink: )
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Geez. All this analyzing off of one sentence lol.

If simmers put as much imagination into playing the game as they do "reading" into a single sentence, they might enjoy the game more.
    That's kind of insulting as well. Honestly if it takes more imagination to play the Sims 4 than it does for a cardboard box, I fear for its future. Not like Simmers haven't tried different styles anyways. They have for nearly two years now. The Sims 4 is still limited in what it offers. It caters only to a small niche of play styles, mainly towards soloist achievers. Maybe it is time for Maxis to realize that they need to stop blaming the players and start taking the professional responsibility of the game themselves. Simmers already get bored frequently between pack releases and honestly there is something very wrong with that. Sims games should have Simmers have long-term satisfaction, not short-term. There are reasons why the Sims 2 is still very popular even to this day. Same with the Sims 3. Those games were built for the future in mind. The Sims 4 comes off as very archaic in the gaming world.

It's a game, of course it takes imagination. As for the cardboard box reference, how many times have you seen a very small child put the toy aside and play for hours with the box it came in. Cats can be satisfied with an empty box. Based on numerous posts I've read, many simmers seem to think if they turn on the game, it will entertain them. The game is a tool. If you don't know how to use the tool properly, don't get angry at the screwdriver because it's not sawing the wood.

Well if they gave the PROPER tools, and outlets for multiple play styles...like ummm they've always done, Then you guys wouldn't be going back in forth. Just because you're satisfied with whatever they throw at you. Doesn't give you the right to downplay the people that don't fall for the "Okey-Dokey". Your plum opinion isn't all there is, let people who feel the way they feel express themselves. If you're satisfied with the state of the game, go play it. Don't annoy yourself by going in these types of threads, implying others opinions don't matter, and yes that's actually what you're doing. Go play with that cardboard box, with the cardboard Sims world backdrops.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Here's a no brainer. Why would anyone buy a new EP when their Sims are just going to see relationships culled, since they introduced that in Dec . along side GT, and will have their Sims relationships decayed to ziltch, which was introduced recently in a patch. Why would anyone bother no matter what it is in buying it? Example: Pets? Why buy it if that stray is here today, gone tomorrow after your Sim spent time trying to build up that relationship or if you just didn't have enough time right then to build it up to 100% removed from knowing your Sim because of the relationship decay. Same with Seasons, take a group to an event and watch them decay to where they are no longer friends with their outing clubs. Apartments, meet the new neighbors, reintroduce yourselves over and over if you just didn't have enough time to build that up to 100%. Oh, wait...and then switch households then go back to the first, pets, club members for outings like snow ball fights, and the new neighbors all wiped from the relationship panels. Is that fun? No, and why so many mod this game. But guess what until they turn this game back around to a life simulator and stop culling and or decaying relationships nothing they can bring out can tempt me ever again. If you care so little for your customers to wipe out their game play for performance sake then no point in playing what we have and or buy anything ever again.

The relationship culling is a deal breaker. I agree. I always struggle to keep my sims relationships in tact. They all seem to have some sort of amnesia and long term memory damage. What could have happened so traumatic in the sims world that all sims suddenly started to forget things? lol

They say that culling and relationship decay have been introduced to help with the game performance. However, when people start using MCC to turn off those "features" ( can I say nuisances?), the performance does not suffer! So what's even a point of breaking the game if it does not really improve the performance? Does it even have any purpose? And why couldn't it be optional?

EA? Can we, please, get a cheat to turn on/off culling and relationship decay, at least?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Culling is its own can of worms but relationship decay has been in the series as far back as Sims 1. At least these days if you lose a relationship you can build it up again quickly. Couldn't say the same about back then. Talk about a grind, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »

I addressed the idea of getting everything from previous expansions in a new base game in my previous post. The game would be too rich for most people. Who's gonna want to spend $380 bucks on a base game? $200? No? Of course not.

And, personally, I don't feel like 4 plays like TS3 much at all. In fact, most people that I've seen on the forums wouldn't agree with that.
    Yeah I think the Sims 2 had a lot more in common with the Sims 3 than the Sims 4 does.

It is an interesting question though. For me priorities for all Sims base games are all life stages, normal careers, ghost, transportation (carpools, taxis, school buses), optional smartphone with land line option, memory system, failure system, family trees, and basic kitchen appliances and bathroom needs. I think I also need that intimacy between Sims as well whether it is romantic or friendship. I like when Sims cuddle and do real make outs and even goose each other sometimes. I need to know that Sims care for one another. I think the priorities of the Sims varies from Simmer to Simmer. I'm actually ok with having seasons be in an EP.

That actually is an interesting question, now that you mention it. XD I do agree it's going to be different for everyone. I prefer having all life stages, though I'll admit that it hasn't been a hardship for me without toddlers. Careers--I'm kinda flexible on those myself. I didn't mind the ones we got, though I think it would've been nice if the career EP had added in the more traditional careers like politician, maybe teachers, police, firemen, etc. While I like GTW ok (which is kind of disappointing because I really was looking forward to the retail stuff and it's ok but not awesome), I do think they should have split that EP into 2 different ones so more focus could be put on each separate category (careers and retail).

I agree that public transportation should be in there and most definitely an optional smartphone, whether we have a landline or not. The memory system thing would be nice in my opinion--the concept of what they wanted to do with it in this game was wonderful but the execution is terrible. But, truthfully, I can live with and, obviously, enjoy the game with what we got--my biggest issue is the lack of negative stuff. No grunge, not a lot of negative emotions, not a lot of bad stuff that can happen. I'm hoping they keep adding more in because deviant play is a bit bizarre when everything is La-La-Land. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    I definitely thought you meant the musician Drake. I started laughing when I opened up the forum topic to see you were talking about the sim guru.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Is anyone else morbidly curious what a Drake pack (i.e. like the Katy Perry pack) would be like? :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2016
    Is anyone else morbidly curious what a Drake pack (i.e. like the Katy Perry pack) would be like? :D
    04b7cbe9-54fe-4db9-848e-e1de34e73de3_1.4198299853693a8ec84c7c95a29d0e44.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
    o:)
    Because she has a sunny cheerful disposition. B)
    And the first time I heard of her, 1st thing I thought of was the cakes. >:)
  • Options

No. Just no.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

I'd buy it. I'm her biggest fan!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    LOL! I do think that she probably really does like the upcoming EP and did like the last two BUT... umm, did you really expect her, on social media/plum storm, to say that she did not like it and was in tears every night over the forthcoming disaster? LOL!

Why would I even answer if I didn't truly feel that way?

I'm already pumped about the livestream we ll get.

@catloverplayer When is the livestream coming
    and when is the Ep coming.

• Options
    If only i could give a villa with a pool to every die-hard simmer here who is never tired to raise their voice and fight for what we deserve and can also be honest about the many mistakes that has been made with ts4 and isnt afraid to tell the gurus this instead of liking their comments just because its a simguru. What is right, is right.. lets not turn around it.

Kuddos to the amazing community we have here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um... please?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

No. Just no.

But. But. Tiny Drake sitting on things! Um... dancing! That sweater!

Okay, maybe not.

Okay, basketball, though. That would be ok.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

No. Just no.

But. But. Tiny Drake sitting on things! Um... dancing! That sweater!

And 10 new colourful hairstyles! A new interaction called "Browse the Forums", which can give your Sims a dazed moodlet called "What Do They Want?"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Well, I am going to continue to hope that they made toddlers really, really cute in EP3, and that Preteens also came out well. And Sim Guru Drake is really excited about pleasing all of us Family players, and is excited to see so many of us pleased and happy....lol!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    When I went back to Sims 2 I actually was missing the young adult life stage so much! I need that extra time where a Sim doesn't have to focus on his/her family and can just have fun! Just an observation, since the toddler debate reminded me of it.
    I love the young adult stage in Sim 3 and 4. Hopefully, they will add toddlers soon!
  • Options
    When I went back to Sims 2 I actually was missing the young adult life stage so much! I need that extra time where a Sim doesn't have to focus on his/her family and can just have fun! Just an observation, since the toddler debate reminded me of it.
    I love the young adult stage in Sim 3 and 4. Hopefully, they will add toddlers soon!
    Yeah the absence of a life stage does make a difference. I mean YA did come in with University, but they were just confined to that one world, so you couldn't play as them on your home lots. Which is what I am afraid will happen if toddlers aren't patched in.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Oh, are we talking SimGuruDrake? I thought y'all were talking about the musician.

I'd be all for a SimGuruDrake pack, especially after reading what she likes in her Sims games from that other thread.
  • Options

Oh, are we talking SimGuruDrake? I thought y'all were talking about the musician.

I'd be all for a SimGuruDrake pack, especially after reading what she likes in her Sims games from that other thread.
    SimGuruGraham did help bring her irl hair into the latest SP. :) I was quite happy for her. I think I begged him for that and he did it. XD I was shocked. But her hair did inspire me to pick up making my own CC again. Yeah I love that she is a deviant Simmer too.